Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Need picture of Championship banner

Post your Seahawks-related images, video, audio, designs and requests here! LANGUAGE RATING: PG
Need picture of Championship banner
Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:04 am
  • I could really use some help with this. I want to have a nice Vinyl Super Bowl Champions Banner made for my Hawk Cave. I would like it be an exact replica of the banner hanging up at Century Link. Every place that makes banners wants a high resolution picture of the banner. Does anybody out there have a high resolution picture of the Championship banner or do they know where I could get one? It would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Nate
    12thManNate
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: Need picture of Championship banner
Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:35 am

Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:47 am
  • BullHawk33 wrote:This is about the best I've been able to find. You will have to cut it etc and it isn't straight on.

http://seattletimes.wpengine.netdna-cdn ... s_0569.jpg

Thanks, sadly that one doesn't work as it is not high resolution. I appreciate the effort though.
    12thManNate
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:17 pm
  • if i could figure out the fonts they are using, i could probably recreate something fairly close in photoshop at high res.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:37 pm
  • Just do it vector and be done with it. If I had a couple of hours to spare I would do it. I'm sure they're using all of the officially licensed NFL fonts. Looks to be using 2; NFL EndzoneSans and NFL Endzone Tech

If I were to tackle recreating the banner in vector format, I would probably use the following references:
    The one already posted for colors and gradient spot referencing

A couple of different straight on shots lined up as placement reference
    Anguish
    * NET Co-Owner *

Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:13 pm
  • I would gladly compensate someone for their time if they were able to create a high resolution picture of this in Photoshop or any other program.
    12thManNate
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:13 pm
  • 12thManNate wrote:I would gladly compensate someone for their time if they were able to create a high resolution picture of this in Photoshop or any other program.

I'll do it, pm'd ya
    "Whoever drafts Golden Tate is gonna win the Super Bowl" - Me
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:29 am
  • here's the start I've got, low res version.

Just need to get the fonts in and do a couple cleanup things and eyeball some of the tints and tones.

the actual working file is 36" tall at 300 DPI so should be plenty of resolution for anything printed poster size.

Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:16 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:here's the start I've got, low res version.

Just need to get the fonts in and do a couple cleanup things and eyeball some of the tints and tones.

the actual working file is 36" tall at 300 DPI so should be plenty of resolution for anything printed poster size.

Cool, let me know when it's done, I have a friend with a print shop that could print that on canvas 48" wide by whatever tall that works out to.
    ZorntoLargent
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:05 pm
  • An Illustrator file would actually work best. You wouldn't have to worry about DPI or the size of the image, as vector art scales indefinitely without losing detail. I could give it a go, if you'd like, but it's been a while since I've done gradient work with the pen tool. Shouldn't be too difficult though.

Then again, Hawknballs' picture is pretty good so far.
    Treghc
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:07 am

Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:31 pm
  • I'm excited to see how this turns out.

I would also like to print a vinyl banner for the game room and also give one as gift this Christmas. :th2thumbs:
    wazzuvius
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:11 pm
  • My banners are shipped and should be here tomorrow, I will post pictures after they arrive.
    12thManNate
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:08 pm
  • You actually be using three programs to create this if you are re-creating it. Photoshop for the Lombardi trophy, Illustrator to rasterize and make it vectorable, and then InDesign to create the fonts. But if you really wanted to cheat on it, you could just rasterize a low res version in Illustrator and hope it scaled well. It might not.
    otter
    NET Rookie

Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:40 am
  • otter wrote:You actually be using three programs to create this if you are re-creating it. Photoshop for the Lombardi trophy, Illustrator to rasterize and make it vectorable, and then InDesign to create the fonts. But if you really wanted to cheat on it, you could just rasterize a low res version in Illustrator and hope it scaled well. It might not.

This is one of the most bizarre posts...

Not entirely sure what you're talking about here. Rasterize to make it vectorable? InDesign to create the fonts? Low res version in Illustrator? Illustrator being vector, has NO resolution. It's just a mathematical representation of what you're seeing on screen.

This entire project could be created in Illustrator (a Vector based application) that would scale to be put on the side of a building if you wanted to.

If you wanted to make a high resolution raster image that would print plenty well, it could easily be done in Photoshop.

If someone wants to send me the raster (Photoshop) recreation, I will make a vector version for anyone to use, to print any size imaginable.
    Anguish
    * NET Co-Owner *

Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:28 am
  • Yup, Anguish is spot on. The best way to handle this is designing it as vector in Illustrator and output as an .eps file which can be resized by the printer at any size they want whether it's a flyer or 100 feet tall on the side of Century Link.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:37 am
  • Thanks for the Fonts Anguish. Appreciate it.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:13 pm
  • So is there a completed file someone would like to share? I'm just really excited to have a banner made for my brother as a Christmas gift and time is flying by now. I had already tried myself but my Photoshop skills are hardly equivalent to mediocre Paint skills :P

I was looking at something like 2'x3' on vinyl. Also, esigns has some pretty decent prices on aluminum as well.
    wazzuvius
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:47 pm
  • Here is the finished banner. This one is 6 feet by 5 feet.
    Attachments
    10425018_10205462078221263_6940079643818770084_n.jpg
    10425018_10205462078221263_6940079643818770084_n.jpg (72.29 KiB) Viewed 1963 times
    12thManNate
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:57 pm
  • 12thManNate wrote:Here is the finished banner. This one is 6 feet by 5 feet.

most...freaking...excellent!!!

p.s. your next banner should be of Crabtree so your guests can take pictures of "The Tip" :) followed by a banner of Erin Andrews so you can do the interview too.

Too much?

:D
    byau
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:33 pm
  • Wow - you guys are amazing! Anyone want to hook me up with a high-res file I can use for a Christmas present?
    RyPants
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:19 pm

Nate that is awesome. Any way you could pm or email me the image used to make that?
    gwinnUSAF77
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:46 pm
  • :13:

Would be great if we could get hooked up.

Would be MUCH appreciated! :229031_cheers:
    wazzuvius
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:20 am
  • Looks good, good job HawknBalls on the recreation and the print shop for the outcome of the banner.
    theincrediblesok
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:01 am
  • theincrediblesok wrote:Looks good, good job HawknBalls on the recreation and the print shop for the outcome of the banner.

actually that wasn't mine, but it looks awesome! I messaged the OP while I was working on it but he let me know someone beat me to getting it to him.

Nice work!

I would love to buy one of those if that's possible.

Just out of curiosity what was the font for the text at the top? That was the only part I couldn't figure out. I found a few that were close but it looks like that one is exact.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:43 am
  • Anguish wrote:This entire project could be created in Illustrator (a Vector based application) that would scale to be put on the side of a building if you wanted to.

As someone with an degree in design, this is correct.
    Seahawks fan since Topps 1985.
    Our Man in Chicago
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:23 am
  • Hawknballs wrote:
    theincrediblesok wrote:Looks good, good job HawknBalls on the recreation and the print shop for the outcome of the banner.

actually that wasn't mine, but it looks awesome! I messaged the OP while I was working on it but he let me know someone beat me to getting it to him.

Nice work!

Just out of curiosity what was the font for the text at the top? That was the only part I couldn't figure out. I found a few that were close but it looks like that one is exact.

I would have used Helvetica Condensed Black

Anguish
    * NET Co-Owner *

Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:26 am
  • yeah that looks right. for whatever reason I couldn't find a Helvetica style that matched up just right. Mostly in the W and M. Although I was probably overthinking a detail that didn't really matter.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:42 am
  • I'm in for a larger sized banner if someone is willing to put together a group buy.
    daveCFPrez
    NET Starter

Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:49 pm
  • daveCFPrez wrote:I'm in for a larger sized banner if someone is willing to put together a group buy.

It should be easy enough for anyone to take the file and upload it to one of the many online print shops (e.g. esigns, Vista Print, Staples). You can get a 2' x 3' vinyl banner for $15 from esigns and they're even doing a BOGO saie through Friday. That's the route I'd go.
    wazzuvius
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:06 pm

Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:21 pm
  • I would love a PM from the creator of the file used to make this banner. It would be greatly appreciated.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:29 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:
    theincrediblesok wrote:Looks good, good job HawknBalls on the recreation and the print shop for the outcome of the banner.

Nice work!

Hawknballs is correct, somebody else did complete the project of a high resolution for me,however I did have to pay for it to be done for me. I ordered 15 of these banners at 4x3 size (the file does not fit into 3x2) as I have some friends that also want one. If anyone is interested in purchasing a 4x3 vinyl banner of this, feel free to pm me.
    12thManNate
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:51 pm
  • Those that want to wait, I'll make the vector replica this weekend, and post it here for download.
    Anguish
    * NET Co-Owner *

Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:32 pm
  • Anguish wrote:Those that want to wait, I'll make the vector replica this weekend, and post it here for download.

Not trying to be a cheapskate, but if you're willing to do that then I'm certainly willing to wait for the download. Thanks!

And thanks to everyone who's been working on this. I'm impressed how quickly replica banners have been produced from a casual online forum thread, and pretty much from scratch even!
    wazzuvius
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:09 pm
  • wazzuvius wrote:
    Anguish wrote:Those that want to wait, I'll make the vector replica this weekend, and post it here for download.

Not trying to be a cheapskate, but if you're willing to do that then I'm certainly willing to wait for the download. Thanks!

And thanks to everyone who's been working on this. I'm impressed how quickly replica banners have been produced from a casual online forum thread, and pretty much from scratch even!

That's the point of community...
    Anguish
    * NET Co-Owner *

Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:10 pm

MUST. HAVE.
    "Hell no! I wanna go get my rang!"
    Seahawks1983
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:05 pm
  • Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this. A wonderful community indeed!
    daveCFPrez
    NET Starter

Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:31 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:

Nice work!

Ahh ok good job to both of ya!
    theincrediblesok
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:10 pm
  • Would the designer(s) who made the banner be able to offer it as a vector file for download to the community? Like an .eps or .ai file? I know many would appreciate that. Nice job!

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:38 pm
  • Aros wrote:Would the designer(s) who made the banner be able to offer it as a vector file for download to the community? Like an .eps or .ai file? I know many would appreciate that. Nice job!

Along those same lines, if anyone could post detailed instructions about replicating that banner pictured above, and any recommendations for places that would do it, it would be GREATLY appreciated.
    "Hell no! I wanna go get my rang!"
    Seahawks1983
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:26 am
  • Seahawks1983 wrote:
    Aros wrote:Would the designer(s) who made the banner be able to offer it as a vector file for download to the community? Like an .eps or .ai file? I know many would appreciate that. Nice job!

Along those same lines, if anyone could post detailed instructions about replicating that banner pictured above, and any recommendations for places that would do it, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

As I mentioned previously, I'll provide the EPS vector file this weekend. It will be linked in this thread for download.

Simply take that file to a printer that prints vinyl banners and voila. It could easily be printed on poster paper and framed, or printed on aluminum like a street sign, etc. once you have the EPS, a printer/sign maker could do anything with it.

Note, however, that this is for your personal use. I'm sure it violates about a hundred copyright and trademark laws, so don't try and sell it or use it for any other profitable means. I'm only going to provide a file for which you will be responsible for its use.
    Anguish
    * NET Co-Owner *

Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:48 am
  • Yeah, as I mentioned earlier, you can simply upload the file to esigns.com, Vista Print, Staples, etc. I was already messing around with esigns so I'll probably just go with them, considering they're currently doing a BOGO sale and the prices are already good. Also, as Anguish mentioned, they do metal signs as well. It's really easy to print a banner from one of the popular online shops. :th2thumbs:
    wazzuvius
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:58 am

Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:02 am
  • Awesome. Can't wait!! Great work everyone. Man I love his place.
    WI-Hawkfan
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:04 am
  • Fantastic.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:26 pm
  • Here is the vector for printing as promised...

The white around the outside is a 'bleed' which most printers will require.

BTW, Hawknballs, I had to modify just about every letter when starting with Helvetica Condensed Black. It's close, but not quite right as you stated.

Preview:

Download (right click then Save-As)
    download/Superbowl-XLVIII-Banner.eps
    Anguish
    * NET Co-Owner *

Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:50 pm
  • Completely badass.

So awesome to have this.

Thanks Anguish, and thanks to everyone in this thread for all the contributions. Just another example of how awesome this community is.
    Evil Dead
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:17 pm
  • Evil Dead wrote:Completely badass.

So awesome to have this.

Thanks Anguish, and thanks to everyone in this thread for all the contributions. Just another example of how awesome this community is.

Agreed. Every word.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:44 am
  • Great job Anguish! Looks pretty official to me.

And I also want to express my gratitude to everyone else working on this project. A wonderful community indeed! :229031_cheers:
    wazzuvius
    NET Bench Warmer

Next

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:59 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE MULTIMEDIA FORUM ]

Information