Lofa Tatupu Tribute

Chillax

Reaction score
[youtube]p3OakKvjOsY[/youtube]

Made a short highlight video of my favorite Seahawk from when I was really getting into football.

A

Anonymous

Saw this posted in the Multimedia Forum and thought I'd move it in here for a nice change of pace.

Still remember that multi-pick game Tatupu had in Philly.

kearly

Reaction score
Eight years ago his jersey was everywhere and for good reason. He's the closest thing the Seahawks have had to Honey Badger.

mrblitz

Reaction score
definitely one of the greatest seahawks. it wasn't just the plays he made, but also how he would sacrifice his body in order to give other seahawks the chance to make plays.

drdiags

Reaction score
First thought was "What, Lofa passed away?". Been on vacation for the past 3 weeks and a tad out of touch. Glad to see this was just a tribute to his playing days.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice job. Loved Lofa...True warrior. What a shame his career was so short. Really glad he's back and involved with the organization.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Really fun player to watch before the injuries; one of the most cerebral, instinctive players I have been fortunate to watch over the years; had an amazing ability to breakdown an offense and anticipate where the ball was going; a Ken Norton, Jr. protege.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2016":2xfkazbh said:
Really fun player to watch before the injuries; one of the most cerebral, instinctive players I have been fortunate to watch over the years; had an amazing ability to breakdown an offense and anticipate where the ball was going; a Ken Norton, Jr. protege.

Exactly. If his body could've held up, he could've still been playing and gone down as one of our best defenders in franchise history.

Glad to see him get into coaching. He has a true understanding of the game, and feel like he's an asset to help Bobby Wagner continue to progress

Boohman14

Reaction score
Loved the video. I was hoping to see his touchdown where he punched on the goalpost pad. A tribute to his Father Mosi Tatupu, a heck of a third down back for the Patriots

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Lofa's one of the few jerseys I own of a player who didn't play for us too long and that I wear proudly. Loved watching him play. He was one of my favorite players in that era, and I can't help but think his attitude and determination then were a glimpse into the future of today's Seahawks football team.

:irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
Chillax

Chillax

Reaction score
Sorry for the late response guys. I haven't visited this site since posting this. I appreciate the feedback and I'm glad ya'll liked it. Lofa definitely needed a highlights vid. And It's a shame he got robbed of a ring.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Many USC fans will tell you that we feel we could have won that Rose Bowl game against Texas had Lofa stayed one more year at USC. Well that and not having so many injuries to the D that season. But he was so impactful as a Mike.

I will never question his decision to go out for the draft. He clearly was ready to play in the NFL. But I wish we could have cloned him or something.

Really glad he's coaching. Great player who knows the game incredibly well.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":2otjrjcw said:
Eight years ago his jersey was everywhere and for good reason. He's the closest thing the Seahawks have had to Honey Badger.
Correct and just like Tatupu the injures are already hitting the Honey Badger, both have the heart and skill to be elite but not the durability or size their respective positions demand. Just glad he's coaching for us I have a feeling he's going to elevate are linebacker group into something nasty.