Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Recording the Super Bowl from DVR?

Post your Seahawks-related images, video, audio, designs and requests here! LANGUAGE RATING: PG
Recording the Super Bowl from DVR?
Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:55 am
  • Hi All,

Has anyone tried to record the Super Bowl from their DVR onto a DVD? If so, was it copy-protected?

I'd like to upgrade to Comcast's X1 platform but that would mean losing the recordings I have on my current DVR and I really want to keep the Super Bowl (I still watch it, or at least parts of it, fairly regularly. It never gets old :D ). So before I buy a DVD recorder and requisite cables I'd like to know if it's pointless. This recording would only be for my personal use and no distribution is intended.

Thanks!
    SnoCoHawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Recording the Super Bowl from DVR?
Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:19 pm
  • SnoCoHawk wrote:Hi All,

Has anyone tried to record the Super Bowl from their DVR onto a DVD? If so, was it copy-protected?

I'd like to upgrade to Comcast's X1 platform but that would mean losing the recordings I have on my current DVR and I really want to keep the Super Bowl (I still watch it, or at least parts of it, fairly regularly. It never gets old :D ). So before I buy a DVD recorder and requisite cables I'd like to know if it's pointless. This recording would only be for my personal use and no distribution is intended.

Thanks!

I was told a few months ago that it would be ok to record the Superb Owl from DVR to DVD. I think they said that FOX did not put a code on it. So go ahead and purchase the DVD recorder and record away. Have a great weekend. By the way you may verify this by doing a search for Recording from DVR to DVD.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:22 pm

Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:27 pm

Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:37 pm
  • SnoCoHawk wrote:

I've already researched *how* to do it, but just haven't found anyone saying definitively whether it's copy-protected or not.

On the link provided....one of us hawks said it is NOT copywrite protected.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:47 pm
  • SOOOOO much effort for something that can be had, in pristine BluRay format (rather than being down sampled to DVD), for so economically. Not to mention, it's even MORE economical if you only care about the DVD format.
    Anguish
    * NET Co-Owner *

Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:02 pm
  • Anguish wrote:SOOOOO much effort for something that can be had, in pristine BluRay format (rather than being down sampled to DVD), for so economically. Not to mention, it's even MORE economical if you only care about the DVD format.

I understand what you are saying....but My dvd that I did has a commercial that yall would drool over. :P
    I may have to watch it again...just to make sure that the commercial is still there....... :3:

Oh...and I dont have a Blu Ray playa.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:55 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE MULTIMEDIA FORUM ]

Information