Getting started Tips (Sig pics, etc)...

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
CREATING/EDITING YOUR USER PROFILE:

1. You can update your PROFILE by clicking on the tab marked USER CONTROL PANEL underneath the Net nation banner.

2. You will be brought to the USER CONTROL PANEL page, on the left is a options box, click on PROFILE a list of options will show up allowing you to design your PROFILE to your liking including signatures and avatars.

3. If you would like to use a signature or avatar, you can set them both up from this page. You will have to have a photo hosting site such as PHOTOBUCKET. Copy and paste the IMG tags from the signature you chose to use and paste it in the space for your signature, and Avatar. Example:
Code:
[img]yoursigURLhere[/img]

4. Hit the SUBMIT button on the bottom of the page and all your changes should be updated immediately.

POST COUNTS

1. Unfortunately we can't transfer your post counts from Scout to here so everyone starts out at "0" including staff. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation regarding what can be a very sensitive issue for many.

671hawk

Reaction score
a couple q?s...

how would I tranfer my sig that was on the other site to this new site?

also, if i wanna post in the classifieds but dont have the req'd "50" posts, can I? I really dont post much so it'll take me a bit to do so.

g'day all! nice new site!

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
How do I know if I've posted in a thread without resorting to my own memory?(might be obvious, but I can't tell??)

-SH

tomahawk

Reaction score
I can't seem to get pics to post in the Photo Forum - I used to just copy them from photobucket but it doesn't seem to want to work for me now. I am partly stupid when it comes to this crap though. Can someone help me?

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
671hawk":2y7kusxf said:
a couple q?s...

how would I tranfer my sig that was on the other site to this new site?

also, if i wanna post in the classifieds but dont have the req'd "50" posts, can I? I really dont post much so it'll take me a bit to do so.

g'day all! nice new site!

To transfer, see #3 in my above post.

Yes, you can post in the classifieds. If we know you, it's okay. We're just trying to avoid fly-by posters who only want to advertise on our site for their own agendas. If you're an active member, we won't have any problems.

652cHAWK

Reaction score
SmokeyHawk":9535ubvw said:
How do I know if I've posted in a thread without resorting to my own memory?(might be obvious, but I can't tell??)

-SH

I second this question. Is there some sort of marker indicating the posts I've made comments on?

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
There is a View your posts link in the upper right corner. It will show your posts starting with the most recent. Hope that helps for now.

drdiags

Reaction score
How do you turn off the feature where you reply to a post and after hitting submit, any post made while you were composing the post is displayed and you have to hit submit again?

How can I get the post submit box to continue to scroll after typing outside the original display area? Any further typing causes the display box to jump up and down with no view of the current line of type.

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
James, I think what's happening with the first one is that you're responding to a thread at the exact same time someone else is. It's basically just trying to tell you to try again without losing your post.

For the 2nd part, I have no idea. I'll leave that to one of the more tech savvy guys.

Latest posts