Suggestion: Clicking a link should open a new tab.

509hawk

Reaction score
I am not sure if this has been suggested or not. I frequent other non sports forums that function this way.

I really prefer the forum and thread to stay open while I browse a link posted. This way I can jump between them and browse the link at my leisure while still browsing the forum.

Seems like it should be easy enough and I imagine people will really enjoy it. Let me know what you think.

kidhawk

Reaction score
509hawk":3dk1gi4n said:
I am not sure if this has been suggested or not. I frequent other non sports forums that function this way.

I really prefer the forum and thread to stay open while I browse a link posted. This way I can jump between them and browse the link at my leisure while still browsing the forum.

Seems like it should be easy enough and I imagine people will really enjoy it. Let me know what you think.

You can already do that, but it has to be done by the poster who embeds the link, using the URLTargegBlank tag. First example doesn't open in a new link....second should...first uses URL tag second uses UrlTargetBlank tag

http://www.seahawks.net

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.net[/urltargetblank]

If you want to be safe, just right click and select open in new tab. Hope this helps

OP
OP
509hawk

509hawk

Reaction score
Yeah I guess I will just open in a new tab. Having to adjust the link is a pain in the butt for the poster and I personally have never clicked a link here that acted this way.

Just thought I would throw it out as an option for default settings. I do think it would be a welcome improvement for it to happen with all links automatically. And don't believe that it would take much work for it to happen.

Thanks for the quick reply!

kidhawk

Reaction score
509hawk":1o376tka said:
Yeah I guess I will just open in a new tab. Having to adjust the link is a pain in the butt for the poster and I personally have never clicked a link here that acted this way.

Just thought I would throw it out as an option for default settings. I do think it would be a welcome improvement for it to happen with all links automatically. And don't believe that it would take much work for it to happen.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I think posters just don't realize that the UrlTagetBlank tag works that way. I know I often forget it's there. I really do need to use it more

Latest posts