Washington State @ Oregon

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Re: Washington State @ Oregon
Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:39 pm
  • wow what a tackle after that int, that guy got blasted.
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:39 pm
  • Dang... need to move that RB to defense. That was a vicious tackle haha.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:40 pm
  • If you think the scheme is slant slant slant you aren't paying attention.

Another idiotic Halliday interception, I am going to do cartwheels when he leaves. I can't believe he is only a junior. Thanks Paul Wulff!
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:41 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Mike Leach designs one hell of a passing scheme.

And there's the classic Halliday I've been waiting for!

Is slant, slant, slant, slant really a great passing design?

To put over 400 yards on this secondary? I'd say that's doing something pretty darn good. And that's not with a ton of great talent.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:41 pm
  • seahawk2k wrote:If you think the scheme is slant slant slant you aren't paying attention.

Another idiotic Halliday interception, I am going to do cartwheels when he leaves. I can't believe he is only a junior. Thanks Paul Wulff!

A) It was a joke

B) It had an element of truth to it, because when I made the joke, it was 3 slants out of the last 4 plays.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:42 pm
  • seahawk2k wrote:If you think the scheme is slant slant slant you aren't paying attention.

Seems like you should be able to recruit a big time QB to come play in this offense. I know the Paloose isn't a big time destination spot, but this offense has to be awfully appealing.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:46 pm
  • They've got a four star recruit redshirting this year. I'll deal with this anger as long as they don't burn that redshirt.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:13 pm
  • At this rate Oregon might break 80 points.
    Msfann
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:15 pm
  • Msfann wrote:At this rate Oregon might break 80 points.

Havnt even covered the spread yet! Need 2 more points!
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:17 pm
  • Nothing like playing the best team in the country to get a good idea of every weakness you have. WSU needs stronger receivers, better qb, more speed everywhere, faster linebackers and a gamebreaker at halfback. Just bigger, stronger and faster at every position. They got rolled tonight.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:42 pm
  • Damn it. 2 TD's against our scrubs pisses me off.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:47 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Msfann wrote:At this rate Oregon might break 80 points.

Havnt even covered the spread yet! Need 2 more points!

As I said.. I would have taken the under. Good call.
    jhern87
    NET Rookie

Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:49 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Damn it. 2 TD's against our scrubs pisses me off.

Actions of a dillweed coach trying to make the margin of victory less embarrassing. 90 times throwing should get him a kick in the nuts, too.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:52 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Damn it. 2 TD's against our scrubs pisses me off.

Actions of a dillweed coach trying to make the margin of victory less embarrassing. 90 times throwing should get him a kick in the nuts, too.

Its going to cost us votes to Florida State too. You know voters aren't staying up to watch our game, they'll just look at the score and see how much WSU scored on us.

I know its not good sportsmanship, but wish we'd run scores up more.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:55 pm
  • What is WSU supposed to do? Take a knee and run out the clock? When Oregon pulled the starters on O, the Cougs pulled most of the starters on D. I'd say its obvious Halliday needs the reps.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:58 pm
  • seahawk2k wrote:What is WSU supposed to do? Take a knee and run out the clock? When Oregon pulled the starters on O, the Cougs pulled most of the starters on D. I'd say its obvious Halliday needs the reps.

I don't blame WSU. I blame Helfrich. Should have gone for it on that 4th and inches and picked up the first down and ran more clock. Should have kept in our 2nd stringers instead of putting in the 3 deep and walk ons.

Its just maddening watching our walk ons and 3rd stringers go 3 and out every single possession every single week and then giving up meaningless points.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:58 pm
  • seahawk2k wrote:What is WSU supposed to do? Take a knee and run out the clock? When Oregon pulled the starters on O, the Cougs pulled most of the starters on D. I'd say its obvious Halliday needs the reps.

Play the second string? How many more reps did he need when he already had 60+ throws? If they want to play against nobodies, run drills in practice. Or maybe try delevoping something resembling a run game? Shameful.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:04 pm
  • Haha, ok. If you don't like it, stop it. Its Oregon, most of the backups are more talented than WSU anyway. Same routes worked on the backups that did on the starters. Plenty of yards was racked up on the first team D as well.
    But, keep whining and acting like I should be mortified my school kept their starters in to get those guys to play a game till the end since they mailed it in so blatantly last week and because of this Oregon might lose a few precious votes(which is what you are really pissed about, ethics has nothing to do with it) because FSU blasted a supposedly good highly ranked Clemson team and Oregon only dropped 60 on the lowly Cougars and won by 24. God I feel so terrible.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:09 pm
  • seahawk2k wrote:Haha, ok. If you don't like it, stop it. Its Oregon, most of the backups are more talented than WSU anyway. Same routes worked on the backups that did on the starters. Plenty of yards was racked up on the first team D as well.
    But, keep whining and acting like I should be mortified my school kept their starters in to get those guys to play a game till the end since they mailed it in so blatantly last week and because of this Oregon might lose a few precious votes(which is what you are really pissed about, ethics has nothing to do with it) because FSU blasted a supposedly good highly ranked Clemson team and Oregon only dropped 60 on the lowly Cougars and won by 24. God I feel so terrible.

Not sure if youre speaking ot me or to Sarlacc, but to be clear my frustration is with the Ducks in those situations, not with WSU. Helfrich is too nice late in games. I'd prefer he just bury and embarrass teams... feelings be damned. At the very least stay with the 2nd stringers, rather then the 3rd stringers and walk ons.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:12 pm
  • I'm speaking to Sarlacc. I think sportsmanship is overstated, Helfrich could've kept his big guns in and thrown the ball, faked punts and all that jazz and Leach wouldn't have said a damn thing about it.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:22 pm
  • 89 pass attempts! Holy craps, his arm must feel like jelly.
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:40 pm
  • Well, the Ducks DC didn't like it: @rgduckfootball Nick Aliotti in rare form: "That's total bullshit that (Leach) threw the ball at the end of the game like that. I think that's low class."
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:48 pm
  • Aren't you supposed to try and score points when your behind? Aliotti is one of my favorites though, love his schemes and how well coached his guys are.

Seems like Leach gets in trouble for throwing the ball whether he is ahead or behind. What the hell is he supposed to do?
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:29 am
  • I hope coug fans remember this next year when Helf scores 100 on Leach.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:00 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:Well, the Ducks DC didn't like it: @rgduckfootball Nick Aliotti in rare form: "That's total bullshit that (Leach) threw the ball at the end of the game like that. I think that's low class."

He is so used to teams just bending over in the second half for him. We dont do exactly what he 'expects' and he calls it low class. He should have said nothing, looks really pompous and weak.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:13 am
  • Aliotti sounds like a whiny bitch that got his feelings hurt. Maybe he should petition the NCAA to institute a rule that Oregon games end after 3 quarters if the Ducks are ahead.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:05 am
  • I think Allioti's press conference was actually a calculated move aimed at the guys who vote in the polls. These stupid 7 pm west coast games end at about 2 in the morning east coast time where most of the voters are located, there's no way those guys are watching our games. Those pollsters will look at the score and think, "Damn, WSU played Oregon pretty tough, it was a close game!" But Allioti's comments will make sportscenter and make the news and maybe help the pollsters realize it wasn't as close as the final score might have seemed.

Personally, I wish the Ducks would be more like Baylor. Just poor it on people and who cares what others think. Play the backups, but keep running the normal offense and the normal defense, and don't play the 3rd stringers and walk ons.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:16 am
  • J, you think Aliotti did that with Helfrich's blessing?
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:25 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:J, you think Aliotti did that with Helfrich's blessing?

No idea, bit if my theory is correct I would say probably. I mean how often does a defensive coordinator go out for a post game press conference? (I don't know the answer, but I don't think that's normal procedure)
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:38 am
  • I don't think he did, I just think he's an old guy who doesn't give a crap what anyone thinks. He's got 3 years left, tops.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:26 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:Actions of a dillweed coach trying to make the margin of victory less embarrassing. 90 times throwing should get him a kick in the nuts, too.

Mediocre defensive coordinator, on a team not respected for defense, whines about late scores by an opponent during a blow-out win.

Alabama must find this all very amusing...
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:29 am
  • DohBoy wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:Actions of a dillweed coach trying to make the margin of victory less embarrassing. 90 times throwing should get him a kick in the nuts, too.

Mediocre defensive coordinator, on a team not respected for defense, whines about late scores by an opponent during a blow-out win.

yeah, i find the hypocrisy hear a little amusing... the team who felt the need to score 62 points is somehow mad because the other team didnt just give up
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:11 pm
  • [[align=]quote="seahawk2k"]Haha, ok. If you don't like it, stop it. Its Oregon, most of the backups are more talented than WSU anyway. Same routes worked on the backups that did on the starters. Plenty of yards was racked up on the first team D as well.
    But, keep whining and acting like I should be mortified my school kept their starters in to get those guys to play a game till the end since they mailed it in so blatantly last week and because of this Oregon might lose a few precious votes(which is what you are really pissed about, ethics has nothing to do with it) because FSU blasted a supposedly good highly ranked Clemson team and Oregon only dropped 60 on the lowly Cougars and won by 24. God I feel so terrible.[/quote]

Actually, I'm not at all worried about the votes. That all shakes out with Oregon's strength of schedule in the Pac-12. In fact, I'm all for Pac-12 teams getting better.

However, what I'm seeing is a coach who got kicked out of another school for being a pompous ass, and I'm also seeing WSU trying to make peace with it rather than reading the signs. I get that you want the team to be good again, and I can definitely sympathize, but when Leach gets canned again, don't be surprised.[/

SeatownJay wrote:Aliotti sounds like a whiny bitch that got his feelings hurt. Maybe he should petition the NCAA to institute a rule that Oregon games end after 3 quarters if the Ducks are ahead.

Surprise, Seatown is talking down the Ducks again! I'd almost respect him talking so much if the Huskies hadn't gotten blown out of the building. I mean, even the 49ers fan had the wherewithal to go away after losing.

Uncle Si wrote:
    DohBoy wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:Actions of a dillweed coach trying to make the margin of victory less embarrassing. 90 times throwing should get him a kick in the nuts, too.

yeah, i find the hypocrisy hear a little amusing... the team who felt the need to score 62 points is somehow mad because the other team didnt just give up

The Ducks got out to a 30 point lead to keep it safe to bring in the 2nd and 3rd string. It was Leach who had his QB still throwing that led to the pick 6 to make it 62 points. So, that's on WSU, not the Ducks. If Oregon's second team started piling on their second team, I'd be equally embarrased.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:16 pm
  • Expecting your opponent to lay down before the clock expires has got to be one of the most entitled things I've ever heard of.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:18 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:Expecting your opponent to lay down before the clock expires has got to be one of the most entitled things I've ever heard of.

My point is that WSU should've put their second stringers in. If the Ducks second stringers can't stop WSU's, more power to them. Because if the Ducks had kept their starters in, too, the Cougs would be complaining about having 90 dropped on them and how the Ducks were low class for running up the score. Apparently it's a no-win proposition.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:23 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:Expecting your opponent to lay down before the clock expires has got to be one of the most entitled things I've ever heard of.

My point is that WSU should've put their second stringers in. If the Ducks second stringers can't stop WSU's, more power to them. Because if the Ducks had kept their starters in, too, the Cougs would be complaining about having 90 dropped on them and how the Ducks were low class for running up the score. Apparently it's a no-win proposition.

The Ducks' coaching staff doesn't get to decide when the game is over and thus dictate WSU's personnel moves, sorry. Maybe Leach should have put in the second stringers just to not risk an injury, but Oregon has zero right to expect him to do so. It's a silly, entitled complaint.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:26 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:Surprise, Seatown is talking down the Ducks again! I'd almost respect him talking so much if the Huskies hadn't gotten blown out of the building. I mean, even the 49ers fan had the wherewithal to go away after losing.

I'm not talking down the Ducks, I'm pointing out the whining of one specific coach. And please tell me when I've talked trash about them before. I've been very upfront that Oregon is a better program than Washington.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:27 pm
  • Are you clueless as to how Leach runs his offense? He throws the ball A LOT and I mean A LOT! He tied a team record for attempts a few weeks ago. His short screen passes are used instead of a running game. He considers a short 5 yard pass play the same as a 5 yd run. This has always been his offensive game plan. Why should he change his game plan because of a lopsided game, either way? If you wanted WSU to concede the game maybe you should have kneeled the ball down the entire 4th qtr as well. If you didn't like it maybe you should've stopped it. Isn't that what you would have said to the losing team? I'm also pretty sure that the first team D gave up over 400+ yards so it's not like your D was dominant leading up to the 4th qtr...Get over it, you sound like whiny babies after a blowout win. Try winning with a little class for once. Further if the only stat that matters is the W, then why did he keep bringing up stats in the press conf? Passing yds per attempt, rushing yards allowed, etc...?
    Street
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:48 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:Expecting your opponent to lay down before the clock expires has got to be one of the most entitled things I've ever heard of.

The Ducks' coaching staff doesn't get to decide when the game is over and thus dictate WSU's personnel moves, sorry. Maybe Leach should have put in the second stringers just to not risk an injury, but Oregon has zero right to expect him to do so. It's a silly, entitled complaint.

So then why do other teams put in their second string when the Ducks do? Is it because they're entitled, or because it's good sportsmanship and it gives second stringers a chance to play on the field? If Leach doesn't want to do, that, fine, but don't expect me to ever call him classy. Not when he's already shown what kind of person he is at Texas Tech.

In fact, WSU fans should be completely non-surprised when Leach is fired in a couple years after another scandal or for keeping the program in the drain. He gives me Harbaugh chills except without the ability to mastermind a running game. It's fine if no one wants to admit that now when there's still hope he can turn the program around, but don't tell me that's not in the back of your collective minds. Because everyone rushed to defend Leach when he ran that one guy out of town, as though there was only one person in the right, then. Anyway, I'm moving on; the UCLA game is next.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:56 pm
  • It doesn't matter what other teams do, the point is you have no right to expect them to, and when you do, that's acting with a sense of entitlement. Oregon doesn't get to decide at which point is game is over, put in their backups and scrubs, and demand their opponents do the same. It's not complex.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:22 pm
  • The guy really makes himself look like a douche bag here http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2013/10/ducks_defensive_coordinator_ni.html

Also this comment from someone below that story i think was pretty spot on "Just shut up and play defense Alioti. What a shock that a team that was behind was still trying to score. Take care of your own team and show some classs yourself."
    Msfann
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:37 pm
  • Sarlaac, I think if you ever actually did a little research, you'd realize what an absolute crock of bs the Texas Tech scandal was. But cheers, its fun to be ignorant.

But yeah, I'm going to feel terrible about the high graduation rates and clean program he runs.

You mention the Marquis Wilson situation, but, as someone who actually knows what goes on in the WSU program, he was lazy and entitled years before Leach got there.

You have a non fact based axe to grind against Leach, which is funny, a lot of people do. I don't care, just know your bias isn't based in fact.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:44 pm
  • seahawk2k wrote:Sarlaac, I think if you ever actually did a little research, you'd realize what an absolute crock of bs the Texas Tech scandal was. But cheers, its fun to be ignorant.

But yeah, I'm going to feel terrible about the high graduation rates and clean program he runs.

You mention the Marquis Wilson situation, but, as someone who actually knows what goes on in the WSU program, he was lazy and entitled years before Leach got there.

You have a non fact based axe to grind against Leach, which is funny, a lot of people do. I don't care, just know your bias isn't based in fact.

Dammit, I forgot that Leach was involved in that particular scandal with James. I remember being pretty pissed at the situation back at the time. I'd like to apologize for messing that up, actually.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:35 pm
  • Via Oregon Athletic Communications

“The bottom line is, I'm sorry,” Aliotti said. “I'm embarrassed that I got caught up in the moment after the game. There's no excuse, but sometimes right after the game the adrenaline is still flowing and I made a huge, human error in judgment. I wish I could take it back, and I promise it won't happen again.

“I'd like to apologize to Mike Leach and Bill Moos (Washington State athletics director), Washington State and its fans, and Oregon and our fans.”
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:34 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:Via Oregon Athletic Communications

“The bottom line is, I'm sorry,” Aliotti said. “I'm embarrassed that I got caught up in the moment after the game. There's no excuse, but sometimes right after the game the adrenaline is still flowing and I made a huge, human error in judgment. I wish I could take it back, and I promise it won't happen again.

“I'd like to apologize to Mike Leach and Bill Moos (Washington State athletics director), Washington State and its fans, and Oregon and our fans.”

perfectly reasonable..

but is anyone else getting tired of sports apologies? as douchey as all involved are, its so rare that we get to hear coaches and players say whats on their mind and go with it. i mean its not like he threatened to hurt someone, or belted out racial slurs.

oh well, it was fun little drama while it lasted
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:20 pm
  • Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 10m
    Oregon DC Nick Aliotti has been reprimanded and fined $5000 by the PAC 12 for comments about WSU and officials.
    Retweeted by Aaron Levine

:biggthumpup:

Christian Caple ‏@ChristianCaple 14m
    No word yet on how much Leach will be fined for instructing his players to finish the fourth quarter.
    Retweeted by Aaron Levine
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Previous

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:00 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information