The final AP Poll

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
The final AP Poll
Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:06 am
  • http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll/2017/16

    1 Clemson 14-1 1500
    2 Alabama 14-1 1440
    3 USC 10-3 1292
    4 Washington 12-2 1277
    5 Oklahoma 11-2 1252
    6 Ohio State 11-2 1240
    7 Penn State 11-3 1130
    8 Florida State 10-3 1105
    9 Wisconsin 11-3 1032
    10 Michigan 10-3 1001
    11 Oklahoma State 10-3 920
    12 Stanford 10-3 730
    13 LSU 8-4 651
    14 Florida 9-4 640
    15 Western Michigan 13-1 619
    16 Virginia Tech 10-4 610
    17 Colorado 10-4 585
    18 West Virginia 10-3 368
    19 USF 11-2 358
    20 Miami 9-4 338
    21 Louisville 9-4 277
    22 Tennessee 9-4 253
    23 Utah 9-4 222
    24 Auburn 8-5 206
    24 San Diego State 11-3 113

    Others receiving votes: Kansas St. 83, Georgia Tech 47, Nebraska 38, Western Kentucky 32, Air Force 30, Pittsburgh 21, Boise State 19, Iowa 14, Minnesota 12, Tulsa 10, BYU 9, Temple 8, Houston 8, North Carolina 8, Navy 1, Washington State 1.
    Image

    2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 9265
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: The final AP Poll
Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:00 am
  • LMAO....Ohio State still ahead of PSU.....AP must have missed their Clemson game..
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    User avatar
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 748
    Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:11 pm


Re: The final AP Poll
Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:04 am
  • UW Huskies still at 4. Not bad. I guess I'll give SC a pass this year. They kind of earned it. :)

    Losing some key players, but looking forward to next year.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 16142
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: The final AP Poll
Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:41 am
  • I'd be a bit salty about the UW ranking except that we're losing a lot of talent to the NFL this year, and a lot of it on defense.

    When you really look at it, our defense was amazing. We realistically only gave up 14 to Alabama. One return for TD, and the offense fumbled the ball already in FG range. Bama got the ball 5 times in Washington territory and punted.

    Any of you guys know about the Huskies depth on defense ? Or are we going to take a step back ?
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7213
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


Re: The final AP Poll
Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:48 am
  • Just in case you wanted to check out the whole Coaches poll, I decided to put up this link. Have a great day.

    http://thespun.com/college-football/coa ... title-game


    edit...it is at the bottom of the list.
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat. MEOW.......
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6884
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


Re: The final AP Poll
Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:55 am
  • 5 Pac-12 teams in the top 25, 2 in the top 5.

    And this was the most down year in recent memory?
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11851
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: The final AP Poll
Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:55 am
  • USC back in front of the rest of the Pac 12. Beautiful!
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 11071
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


Re: The final AP Poll
Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:19 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:USC back in front of the rest of the Pac 12. Beautiful!


    Enjoy it while you can.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23025
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The final AP Poll
Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:35 pm
  • Hawks46 wrote:Any of you guys know about the Huskies depth on defense ? Or are we going to take a step back ?



    I think the defense will be better next year, based on who's going to play and what I saw from some younger guys against Alabama. The DBs have basically been plug and play since CP got here, so I'm not worried there.


    Hasselbeck wrote:USC back in front of the rest of the Pac 12. Beautiful!



    Nice conference championship. Oh wait. Ha, UW was a better team than USC this year...just barely. Sorry to burst your bubble. But, congrats on finishing ahead in the polls at the end of the season (which nobody cares about).


    JSeahawks wrote:Enjoy it while you can.



    That's right. Washington will finish the highest for the next 10 years in a row.
    User avatar
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5949
    Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm


Re: The final AP Poll
Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:42 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:
    Hawks46 wrote:Any of you guys know about the Huskies depth on defense ? Or are we going to take a step back ?



    I think the defense will be better next year, based on who's going to play and what I saw from some younger guys against Alabama. The DBs have basically been plug and play since CP got here, so I'm not worried there.


    Hasselbeck wrote:USC back in front of the rest of the Pac 12. Beautiful!



    Nice conference championship. Oh wait. Ha, UW was a better team than USC this year...just barely. Sorry to burst your bubble. But, congrats on finishing ahead in the polls at the end of the season (which nobody cares about).


    JSeahawks wrote:Enjoy it while you can.



    That's right. Washington will finish the highest for the next 10 years in a row.


    You peaked.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23025
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: The final AP Poll
Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:11 pm
  • Image
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11851
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: The final AP Poll
Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:17 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:USC back in front of the rest of the Pac 12. Beautiful!



    Nice conference championship. Oh wait. Ha, UW was a better team than USC this year...just barely. Sorry to burst your bubble. But, congrats on finishing ahead in the polls at the end of the season (which nobody cares about).


    ICYMI

    http://usat.ly/2fOgKrN
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 11071
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


Re: The final AP Poll
Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:20 am

Re: The final AP Poll
Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:01 pm
  • WmHBonney wrote:LMAO....Ohio State still ahead of PSU.....AP must have missed their Clemson game..


    Yeah that is some pretty weak crap right there. Oklahoma can suck it too. I guess beating the juggernaut Auburn was so impressive to them.
    Adopt a rookie 2017-Delano Hall, S, Michigan

    Image
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2841
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


Re: The final AP Poll
Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:52 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:USC back in front of the rest of the Pac 12. Beautiful!



    Nice conference championship. Oh wait. Ha, UW was a better team than USC this year...just barely. Sorry to burst your bubble. But, congrats on finishing ahead in the polls at the end of the season (which nobody cares about).


    ICYMI

    http://usat.ly/2fOgKrN


    You're right. USC is better than Washington because they beat them. Just like Pittsburgh is better than Clemson. And just like Stanford is better than USC. Oh and just like Washington is better than Stanford.
    User avatar
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5949
    Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm


Re: The final AP Poll
Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:03 pm
  • Taking a broad look, a Top 4 finish for Petersen in just his 3rd season is very promising for the whole program. Recruiting will highly benefit and the new national exposure bears well for the future.
    2017 Adopt a Rookie: Tedric Thompson
    User avatar
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1066
    Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am




It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 12:02 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: mrblitz and 5 guests