The 2017 recruiting thread.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
davidonmi":49z3se24 said:
UW offered DE/Buck Ali Gaye from Edmonds-Woodway today.

Not sure what it means about Johnson, but this guy has impressive offers from Miss, USC, Louisville, and grades have been what has delayed this offer apparently. Looks like he's checked out. Raw, physical freak.

We'll see. it might be too late in the process anyway given he has 2 visits scheduled this month
What I've heard is that he's been waiting for a UW offer. UW has been closely following him and his grades for some time. Apparently he wants to stay close to home. I think it's a matter of time before he commits. Emphasis on raw and physical freak.

As to JS point, yes a maximum of 3 spots left but most likely 2. 3 if they get one of the higher rated guys to commit. I think Gaye and Norgaard round out the class unless they get a commit from Pola-Mao.

cesame

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2px17peq said:
Ducks have a 5 star running back STephen Carr visiting Eugene this weekend. He is/was commited to USC. He hasnt flipped to the Ducks yet, but he did delete "USC Commit" off of his twitter bio. Could be huge.... Hopeful.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3999449/572 ... 007c6da131

Looks promising I suppose

RB like Carr are going to love Taggart's offense and the power running game

Curious what it means for guys like Tony James Brooks. He's a speed guy and sort of injury prone.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
JSeahawks":wy8xityv said:
cesame":wy8xityv said:
Didn't even realize Lenoir is visiting USC on Jan 27.

Kind of worried. I'm sure he's had more than one visit there already with it being right in his backyard. Throw an official visit on top if it?

Honestly I think he ends up at USC.

Its tough to turn down USC for LA kids for sure. A couple of his best friends are commited to the Ducks. His girlfriend is commited to the Ducks for soccer. Hopefully thats enough to get him back.

He was supposed to be on an official visit to North Carolina this weekend, but cancelled it and was in Eugene for an unofficial visit. He's pretty much locked into the Ducks, i'd say its 100%. Wont announce til signing day.

cesame

Reaction score
Good to hear on Lenoir. Him and Graham have the potential to be one of the best CB duo's in program history

Any word on LB Slade?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cesame":1ze7o393 said:
Good to hear on Lenoir. Him and Graham have the potential to be one of the best CB duo's in program history

Any word on LB Slade?

He didnt commit, but he will. Or maybe already has silently. Word is that Taggarts asking some of these guys to hold off and not announce until national signing day, to create some buzz around the program. USC has done that for years.

We're going after a 3rd high 4 star cb too, Jaylon Johnson, whos currently commited to Utah. No visit is set up yet, but they're working really hard on him. He'd probably play safety for us.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3efbkyku said:
Hawkfan77":3efbkyku said:
Dawg fans should keep an eye out for DJ Johnson...

He's a beast.

Sounds like he's not coming. At least according to Ruth, after visiting Miami this weekend with his parents he has let the UW coaches know that he's shutting down his recruitment.

I think UW's class may be done.

davidonmi

Reaction score
the news on Johnson sucks. Eklund reported something completely different today that he might be visiting although his reports usually aren't very good

The huskies do seem to be bringing in Nick Ford (3 star OT) for a visit, so it seems like they want a 3rd OL.

Otherwise it looks like they are done unless the USC allure with pola mao wears off.

A crappy finish to what is still a pretty darn good class.

Marlon Tui picked up a 5th star with 247 today

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cesame":q04yxa67 said:

Any word on LB Slade?

Isaac Slade_Matautia is commiting on Saturday, at the Polynesian Bowl. Oregon is the heavy favorite.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Huskies about to lose their top recruit. Marlon Tuipaloto, who just got his 5th star, visiting USC this weekend after blowing off a meeting with uw's dline coach.

sondevil89

Reaction score
JSeahawks":z7he5bka said:
Huskies about to lose their top recruit. Marlon Tuipaloto, who just got his 5th star, visiting USC this weekend after blowing off a meeting with uw's dline coach.

Whether he goes to USC or UW, the most telling fact is that he and the other top recruit want nothing to do with the ducks. I get it if it is a choice between UO and the trees with their elite education but he is choosing strictly on football.

Even one of the ducks most promising receivers for next year, Jalen Brown, has withdrawn to finish his eligibility at another program. This, after the hire of Taggart, whom ducks are touting as the next coming of Saban/Meyer with his mighty 40-45 record.

And, the players kicked of team for crimes ranging from DUI to assault.

Not to mention three players sent to the hospital, with two being serious enough to stay for an entire week and still not released.

Everything is so great in duckland that they have nothing better to do than spend an inordinate amount of time bagging on the Huskies.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
sondevil89":xhegmmh4 said:
JSeahawks":xhegmmh4 said:

Whether he goes to USC or UW, the most telling fact is that he and the other top recruit want nothing to do with the ducks. I get it if it is a choice between UO and the trees with their elite education but he is choosing strictly on football.

Even one of the ducks most promising receivers for next year, Jalen Brown, has withdrawn to finish his eligibility at another program. This, after the hire of Taggart, whom ducks are touting as the next coming of Saban/Meyer with his mighty 40-45 record.

Not to mention three players sent to the hospital, with two being serious enough to stay for an entire week and still not released.

Everything is so great in duckland that they have nothing better to do than spend an inordinate amount of time bagging on the Huskies.

You're correct, everything IS great in Duckland. Optimism and energy is at an all time high, including during the Chip Kelly era. But this is a recruiting thread. If you want to throw in stuff about Arizona State recruiting, go for it. If you want to talk shit about the Ducks, i'd happily engage you in a different thread.

Huskies, Ducks, Trojans and everybody have been talking recruiting in this thread for a year, getting along with each other with no drama. Please dont ruin that.

sondevil89

Reaction score
JSeahawks":dkantrnx said:
sondevil89":dkantrnx said:
JSeahawks":dkantrnx said:

You're correct, everything IS great in Duckland. Optimism and energy is at an all time high, including during the Chip Kelly era. But this is a recruiting thread. If you want to throw in stuff about Arizona State recruiting, go for it. If you want to talk shit about the Ducks, i'd happily engage you in a different thread.

Huskies, Ducks, Trojans and everybody have been talking recruiting in this thread for a year, getting along with each other with no drama. Please dont ruin that.

Ruin what? Did I address you specifically? Everything I posted is a fact, what you posted is pure conjecture and THAT is inappropriate in a recruiting thread.

sondevil89

Reaction score
JSeahawks":bl9xvvdt said:
sondevil89":bl9xvvdt said:
Ruin what? Did I address you specifically? Everything I posted is a fact, what you posted is pure conjecture and THAT is inappropriate in a recruiting thread.

What is conjecture? That Marlons visiting USC this weekend?

http://washington.247sports.com/Board/5 ... i-50674828

Its fact.

You posted "Huskies about to lose their top recruit." Is that a fact? Or is just one of the literally thousands of trolling posts re: Huskies?

BTW, If I want to post anything about ASU I can post it in another thread? If you can post about the Huskies I can post about the ducks. The difference being, I post facts.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
sondevil89":11xcvdtl said:
JSeahawks":11xcvdtl said:
sondevil89":11xcvdtl said:

What is conjecture? That Marlons visiting USC this weekend?

http://washington.247sports.com/Board/5 ... i-50674828

Its fact.

You posted "Huskies about to lose their top recruit." Is that a fact? Or is just one of the literally thousands of trolling posts re: Huskies?

BTW, If I want to post anything about ASU I can post it in another thread? If you can post about the Huskies I can post about the ducks. The difference being, I post facts.

You can post about whoever you want. Just please keep it to recruiting, in this thread. Thats all i'm asking.

If you want to talk about the players in the hospital, or ducks getting arrested, or whether you think Taggart is a good choice or not, there's plenty of threads for that, or you can start a new one.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I'm not overly concerned about him blowing off malloe. He wanted to keep things private.

As of now, it doesn't look good. There are rumors that USC is up to dirty tricks having to do with offering a family member a job. Ruth's comments sort of back that up. If that really is true that's a crappy thing to do but it's college football.

The USC coach Nansen (hated that guy even when he was a husky) has been pulling strings with tui's brother to get the in home period
With that said, Tui has never wavered once in 8 months. so he clearly loves UW. We'll see.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
From why I've heard Marlon is as good as gone. Kids flip, but to be stead fast committed and and then to stand-up the coach you committed to who flew in to see you from Hawaii because he's coaching the all-star game you were also supposed to be at is disappointing. But this is college recruiting.

Johnny Patron up to his old tricks.