The 2018 Recruiting Thread

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
davidonmi":3iavzhpa said:
so...

UW got a commitment from 4 star top 100 Idaho QB colson yankoff today.

Kid is a stud, but you wonder what that means for sirmon if anything. If he is bailing it would be surprising but both he and yankoff are great options.

signing both would be fantastic

Yea, it's pretty weird. I'd be shocked if they're both Huskies on signing day. Yankoff is a stud though (he was commited to the ducks before helfrich was fired). Even though Sirmon is rated quite a bit higher I actually like Yankoffs tape quite a bit more.

I hope they do both sign at uw. I'd rather have one of them sitting on the bench there then have one starting at uw and one starting at cal or ucla. Plus it takes away a scholarship from somebody who could contribute for uw.

Yankoff is a hell of an athlete AND a qb. He's what jake locker dreamed of being.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Back in 2012 the dawgs got 2 4star top 250 QBs in Lindquist and Miles. So it's not completely unusual.

I will say this, what I've heard, it's two fold, the dawgs were always going to take 2 QBs in this class, it's numbers thing. Be it Sirmon and Yankoff or Yankoff and someone else...and also they want to bolster the depth. When Browning got injured last the drop off was so extreme that had Jake not been able to go, well you can fill in the blanks

davidonmi

Reaction score
UW'S qb depth is thin.

Signing both would be fantastic if that really is the plan

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cesame":3ekk246g said:
Pretty quiet lately

What's cooking?

Things should start picking up for the Ducks here now that Spring practice has started. They have something like 30 unofficial visitors coming in throughout spring ball. I expect 4 or 5 commitments here in the next month. I think a lot of recruits are taking the "wait and see" approach as far as the new coaching staff and if they'll win some games this season (which I fully expect them to).

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Huge pickup for the ducks today. Senior transfer Scott Pagano from Clemson. He was stuck behind two top 20 pick type guys st Clemson, but should be oregons best defensive lineman from day 1.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
drrew":3f6e52nm said:
Another Oregon kid commits to UW - Draco Bynum, defensive end out of Wilsonville. Have to like him for the name alone.

http://www.scout.com/player/199635-draco-bynum?s=73

http://www.uwdawgpound.com/2017/4/22/15394918/huskies-land-top-oregon-defensive-end

He's one of the few Oregon kids I wanted. Will be interesting to see how he does. He'll never be a big sack guy but should be pretty good eventually as a guy that holds the edge and absorbs blockers. The only thing I'd worry about is the competition he's played against. Oregon high school football sucks in general, and he's not even playing in the highest division.