Who do we not want to get?

Josea16

Reaction score
flmmkrz":1oa21byx said:
A-Dog":1oa21byx said:
A first round offensive lineman

Any offensive positions other than TE in the first three rounds, really, unless someone great drops in our lap

this about nails it.

this draft lines up in our wheelhouse. JS and PC know defensive talent and they have lots to go after so don't reach to plug holes, take what the draft is giving you.
You serious? The guy says OL and EVERY offensive position? This draft is all defense and that is the way we better roll. Give Russ a good G-C-G and go defense full on no pass go. Interesting so many Guards in FA.... right? And some of good of the good ones are signed by us. Getting curious now, I am interested to see why I'm offbase.

naholmes

Reaction score
Josea16":20vooubt said:
flmmkrz":20vooubt said:
A-Dog":20vooubt said:

Any offensive positions other than TE in the first three rounds, really, unless someone great drops in our lap

this about nails it.

this draft lines up in our wheelhouse. JS and PC know defensive talent and they have lots to go after so don't reach to plug holes, take what the draft is giving you.
You serious? The guy says OL and EVERY offensive position? This draft is all defense and that is the way we better roll. Give Russ a good G-C-G and go defense full on no pass go. Interesting so many Guards in FA.... right? And some of good of the good ones are signed by us. Getting curious now, I am interested to see why I'm offbase.
You're off base because the thread is about who we DON'T want, so you and A-Dog are in agreement to draft defense early and often.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Josea16":3jiwast1 said:

There are a lot of intriguing options at multiple positions.

If Ramczyk or Bolles were to fall to 26 (could happen), I would say take either. I'd expect us to take either too. OT is probably the 2nd hardest position to fill adequately in this league behind QB. And there are 64 starting positions in this league. All teams are OT hungry.

While it's epic in defensive quality and depth, it is equally epic and deep at TE. There are multiple prospects who look equal to the next Graham/Olsens of this league in this draft. Strong future pro bowl talents in day two in this group. Seattle does have medium term need at the position. Graham is now 30+ in age. And it's possible he won't/can't be retained after this season.

There are competing theories at work here. All teams have multiple needs in every year. Strong depth often times directs teams to address other needs early where talent is short, and take advantage of getting good players in R2-R4. So despite such an epic class on defense, teams could satisfy OL need and then still get upgrades in day two. It's just impossible to predict how teams will go. Odds are there will be some teams that choose this route for other positions (RB, WR, OL, DL). It's actually not a good DL class, but has some really attractive day 1 options. I'd expect that teams will overdraft at DL and Edge this year.

Seattle has a pretty solid history of double dipping into deep draft classes. With 5 picks in the top 3 rounds, I'd expect them to spread the love around some. It's highly possible that we don't go DB in R1. Mainly due to the depth in this class, and in particular the large number of prospects who fit our profile. There looks to be about 3x as many Seahawk prototypes in this class relative to other classes. And probably half of them will be available in R2/3.

ARhawk

Reaction score
Tical21":1txltj72 said:
McCaffrey. Too small and not fast enough to translate to the NFL.

Kevin King if it is in the first round.

Why not King in the first? I dont have an opinion either way, but I see most people would be thrilled with King

Seanhawk

Reaction score
ARhawk":1k61r4j8 said:
Tical21":1k61r4j8 said:

Why not King in the first? I dont have an opinion either way, but I see most people would be thrilled with King

My guess is because most people are skeptical of guys whose draft stock climbs considerably because of workouts. By most accounts I've read, he wasn't a first round talent bases on his play on the field.

naholmes

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1nfkeq7m said:
ARhawk":1nfkeq7m said:
Tical21":1nfkeq7m said:

My guess is because most people are skeptical of guys whose draft stock climbs considerably because of workouts. By most accounts I've read, he wasn't a first round talent bases on his play on the field.
I wouldn't want any 1st round DB because there are so many great prospects that the drop off in rounds 2-3 won't be as much compared to other positions.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Do not want OT Cam Robinson or any Offensive Linemen from Texas A&M.

Largent80

Reaction score
austinslater25":b8yfyrnh said:
I actually really like Adore Jackson and could see him in Seattle.

Me too and "over rated because he played at USC"?

Hardly, the guy made plays for his whole time in college on both sides of the ball.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Josea16":10ov19ii said:
flmmkrz":10ov19ii said:
A-Dog":10ov19ii said:

this about nails it.

you got to take a second to understand what you are reading before going off ranting

We just said that we'd be choked if the team didn't draft to the strength of whats available which is defense.

Seafan

Reaction score
The Hawks have really set themselves up nicely going into this draft. It's difficult to predict which position they are leaning toward in round one. They clearly can go BPA.

I don't expect a QB, RB, G, C, K, P. I also doubt they take a WR in the first round unless perhaps John Ross were to fall to them. There are only 3 OLs worthy of pick 26 and I expect all to be gone by then.

With all the LBs signed this month I really wonder if they would draft a straight LB in round one but could definitely see them selecting an edge rushing LB. However, there are some intriguing edge LBs who could be available in rounds 2-3 as well.

Which brings me back to my point in that the Hawks have set themselves up well and I really wouldn't be surprised to see them trade down. That IMO would give them the best shot at exploiting this deep defensive draft by accumulating more picks.

penihawk

Reaction score
Totally agree with trading back unless there is a player still on the board that is a can't pass at 26. This draft is set up perfectly to fill a couple holes on offense and restock the D with playmakers and depth in the first 4 rounds if it goes our way. There is no need to reach in this draft.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Seafan":2ktb6o1y said:
With all the LBs signed this month I really wonder if they would draft a straight LB in round one but could definitely see them selecting an edge rushing LB. However, there are some intriguing edge LBs who could be available in rounds 2-3 as well.

Don't think these signing preclude a LB option. Seattle is looking for someone to be starter quality to spell Wright/Wagner. Not just a complementary SAM option. So our needs could easily be higher end.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
I would be very surprised if a linebacker was picked #1. They need some more depth there but that can be had later, maybe with one of the third round picks. I see CB, DT, Edge rusher (which could technically mean a LB) either safety position, or OT as the only realistic choices in the first round (maybe even the first 3 rounds).

Seafan

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2ep9zqm8 said:
Seafan":2ep9zqm8 said:

Don't think these signing preclude a LB option. Seattle is looking for someone to be starter quality to spell Wright/Wagner. Not just a complementary SAM option. So our needs could easily be higher end.

They are looking for a Hassan Riddick type of impact player and IMO wouldn't waste their #1 on just another LB. They've been looking for depth which they added in free agency.