Deshone Kizer is so arrogant, it will affect his draft stock

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • I read this, and all I could do is shake my head. This kid is such an arrogant jerk, it made me want to puke. The major thing that makes it arrogant, and not just confidence, is him bringing up other players, in my opinion.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... f-context/
    Alert The Legion.
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

• "Imagine taking Brady’s intellect and Brady’s preparation and putting it on a guy with Cam Newton’s body. Why can’t I be the greatest? The only thing stopping me from it is me. That’s what’s driving me now.”

Nothing wrong with this....
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Jimjones0384 wrote:I read this, and all I could do is shake my head. This kid is such an arrogant jerk, it made me want to puke. The major thing that makes it arrogant, and not just confidence, is him bringing up other players, in my opinion.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... f-context/

I fail to see the problem. Have you ever read some of the things Manning and Brady said both pre- and post-draft? This pales in comparison.
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

• Uncle Si wrote:"Imagine taking Brady’s intellect and Brady’s preparation and putting it on a guy with Cam Newton’s body. Why can’t I be the greatest? The only thing stopping me from it is me. That’s what’s driving me now.”

When you isolate that quote, I agree that it tones the whole statement down quite a bit. When taken in totality, I think it sends a completely different tone, in my opinion. But, I guess it's all a matter of interpretation. I guess we just disagree. If Tom and Payton said worse than this, it doesn't make what Kizer said any better, it just makes what they said worse. Again, just my opinion.

I also think there is a possibility that some GM's may see it the same way I do, and it might be the difference between him and other guys. That's what I meant about possibly affecting his draft status.
    Alert The Legion.
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

• He's so good he lead his very talented team to a 4-8 record.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• JSeahawks wrote:He's so good he lead his very talented team to a 4-8 record.

...and he's so good that his coach believes he should have stayed in school another season.....
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:He's so good he lead his very talented team to a 4-8 record.

This is what I don't get . . . about him or most of the other quarterbacks (other than Watson, obviously). I don't follow college football religiously or anything, but I think I follow it enough. Outside of Watson, I had not heard of any of the QBs being mentioned for the draft until people started talking about the draft.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• HawkGA wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:He's so good he lead his very talented team to a 4-8 record.

This is what I don't get . . . about him or most of the other quarterbacks (other than Watson, obviously). I don't follow college football religiously or anything, but I think I follow it enough. Outside of Watson, I had not heard of any of the QBs being mentioned for the draft until people started talking about the draft.

Very surprising to me.. Kizer was pretty damn good in 2015 and the whole team fell apart this past season. Pat Mahomes has been throwing for insane numbers at Texas Tech for a couple of years. Mitch Trubisky was a pretty common name as well in the college football circles.

Stop being an SEC homer HawkGA ;) (I kid, I kid)

Really though - this draft is pretty ugly if you're looking for a franchise QB. Deshaun Watson is it, and for some reason scouts aren't exactly in love with him either.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Kizer is a big reason ND was 4-8..They lost 7 games by 7 or less.
    Kizer would go south in the 2nd half in most of those 7 games.
    He is a QB that needs to sit and learn for at least a couple of years.
    That comment he made was a very stupid one.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Irish and Wolverines and Buckeyes oh my, rarely do we ever see a player come from there that is humble, especially at a skill position. Just remember Tate for our own recent memory.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Hasselbeck wrote:[

Stop being an SEC homer HawkGA ;) (I kid, I kid)

I'm very comfortable in my SEC bubble, thank you very much!

:2thumbs:
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• Watching Mel and Todd, "Kizer had the ball in his hands at the end of quite a few games and failed to produce."
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• ivotuk wrote:Watching Mel and Todd, "Kizer had the ball in his hands at the end of quite a few games and failed to produce."

Sounds perfect for the Browns!
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• Jimjones0384 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:"Imagine taking Brady’s intellect and Brady’s preparation and putting it on a guy with Cam Newton’s body. Why can’t I be the greatest? The only thing stopping me from it is me. That’s what’s driving me now.”

When you isolate that quote, I agree that it tones the whole statement down quite a bit. When taken in totality, I think it sends a completely different tone, in my opinion. But, I guess it's all a matter of interpretation. I guess we just disagree. If Tom and Payton said worse than this, it doesn't make what Kizer said any better, it just makes what they said worse. Again, just my opinion.

I also think there is a possibility that some GM's may see it the same way I do, and it might be the difference between him and other guys. That's what I meant about possibly affecting his draft status.

Not disagreeing. But that was the quote he was getting hammered for.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:33 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information