Bolles

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
nanomoz":21ray8mn said:
Athletically, Bolles is elite. His tape for 2016 is very good. He was superb.

The knocks: he's old (for a rookie), only one year of film at Utah, and he scored 9/50 on the Wonderlic (really low for a lineman). If he was 22 or 23, and scored 20 on the Wonderlic, I think he'd go top-12.

Given the fact that mediocre free agent lineman got bags of money this last year, he is a great value in the late first/early second. Even if it takes him half a year to absorb an NFL offense.

Recommended reading: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/pre-monday-night-football-garett-bolles-post

Wow I think you have to seriously have shit for brains to get 9 out of 50 on the wonderlic. You get several points for your name and by straight random guessing you're bound to get several more. This guy has the makings of 2 false starts a game and missed protections.

Surely we can do better than this.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Wonderlic and age have to be two of the weaker criteria for evaluating a prospect.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Who cares if he is 25? Like seriously? This believe that players cant play at a high level into their 30's needs to go away. Its been done and is still being done by players today. He could easily play for 10 years at a high level.

Alexander

Reaction score
IrishNW":13rq6vg9 said:
Who cares if he is 25? Like seriously? This believe that players cant play at a high level into their 30's needs to go away. Its been done and is still being done by players today. He could easily play for 10 years at a high level.

Couldn't agree more. This age thing is seriously overrated. Not that it doesn't matter, but it's just one of many factors, and not one of the more important ones. If he were 28 or 29, I could see it being a problem. But, at a minimum, you've got the guy for 4-5 years of his physical prime. And even if they didn't want to sign him to a second contract due to his age, what's wrong with having a potentially great OT for 4 super cheap years plus 1 relatively cheap option year? The team could use a few players who might not necessarily be around long term, but who can nevertheless contribute at a high level for 4-5 years (not a trivial amount of time!) on a cheap contract. And this guy seems exactly like what we need on the O-line. You want that physical edge back? Bolles will definitely bring that. If we are lucky enough to draft him, I'd be surprised if he didn't immediately improve the run game. The inability to run the ball was, for me, the most concerning thing about last year's team.