The 2018 Recruiting Thread

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Another 4 star safety Jevon Holland is a duck. Big one for Oregon because he's from bishop o'dowd high school which has been sending kids to UW the last few cycles (napoleon Kauffman is their head coach). Uw's been winning most of the head to head recruiting battles lately, so it's nice to see the dicks win a few this week.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/4462858/jevon-holland

chris98251

Reaction score
JSeahawks":uuk95pr9 said:
Another 4 star safety Jevon Holland is a duck. Big one for Oregon because he's from bishop o'dowd high school which has been sending kids to UW the last few cycles (napoleon Kauffman is their head coach). Uw's been winning most of the head to head recruiting battles lately, so it's nice to see the dicks win a few this week.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/4462858/jevon-holland

Yeah when Dicks win everyone seems to be happy :)

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ducks just landed a commited from JUCO DT Mahamed Diallo. 6'4", 320 pounds and supposedly runs a 4.7 40 (you never know how true those are). He's pretty new to the sport so there's not much film on him and he's pretty raw. He'll likely redshirt and then have 2 years of eligibility. He's from Canada and did not play high school football.

Tical21

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2z5rzac5 said:
Ducks just landed a commited from JUCO DT Mahamed Diallo. 6'4", 320 pounds and supposedly runs a 4.7 40 (you never know how true those are). He's pretty new to the sport so there's not much film on him and he's pretty raw. He'll likely redshirt and then have 2 years of eligibility. He's from Canada and did not play high school football.
If that's true, that equates to about 4.3 if he dropped 100 lbs.

drrew

Reaction score
Tical21":2pne6ozq said:
JSeahawks":2pne6ozq said:
If that's true, that equates to about 4.3 if he dropped 100 lbs.

It's not true. Oregon may have gotten a commitment from a heck of an athlete. It's incredibly unlikely Oregon got a commitment from the fastest 320lb man in the world.

Aaron Donald has the fastest ever NFL combine 40 time for a DT at 4.68. He was 35lbs less than Diallo's reported weight.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Ngata ran a 5.1, Suggs a 4.84, Suh a 4.98. So yeah even if the kids 40 isn't legit but if he's running around a 4.9-5.1 he's plenty athletic.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Cougs just got 4 star QB Camm Cooper over offers from Tennessee, Ol Miss and Georgia.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
dutchcoug":1f4w578c said:
Cougs just got 4 star QB Camm Cooper over offers from Tennessee, Ol Miss and Georgia.

Kid made it into the Elite 11 Finals, which as a high school QB on the camp circuit is the ultimate honor. UW's 5 star commit, Jacob Sirmon, reportedly did not fare very well at the same event.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3hkyq13k said:
dutchcoug":3hkyq13k said:

Kid made it into the Elite 11 Finals, which as a high school QB on the camp circuit is the ultimate honor. UW's 5 star commit, Jacob Sirmon, reportedly did not fare very well at the same event.

Last time the Cougs had a QB at the Elite 11 camp was around 2002 and that player didn't turn out very well.

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":15vchwv8 said:
UW's 5 star commit, Jacob Sirmon, reportedly did not fare very well at the same event.

Sirmon looks like a lab grown QB in the mold of Carson Palmer or recent local recruit Jacob Eason, but in the four games or so I've seen him play, I was thoroughly underwhelmed. He has a strong arm, but it wasn't particularly accurate and there were some body language concerns.

It didn't shock me seeing Petersen add a second highly rated QB in this class.

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2ojogq26 said:
Braden Lenzy, 4 star WR/CB just flipped his commitment from Notre Dame to Oregon.

This is good news, kids from the west need to goto Pac 12 schools, plus, even though I like Notre Dame, in a profession with some truly abhorrent people, Brian Kelly may be the worst of them all, and I can only wish horrible things to happen to him.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
drrew":2gw83aoa said:
JSeahawks":2gw83aoa said:
Braden Lenzy, 4 star WR/CB just flipped his commitment from Notre Dame to Oregon.

This is good news, kids from the west need to goto Pac 12 schools, plus, even though I like Notre Dame, in a profession with some truly abhorrent people, Brian Kelly may be the worst of them all, and I can only wish horrible things to happen to him.

Brian Kelly is definitely on the short list. I'd put Arizona States Todd Graham at the top (or the bottom) of that list though. Everything i've read or heard about him screams absolute douchebag and asshole.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Huskies add 3 star offensive lineman from Arizona Matteo Mele. 6'6", 250 pounds. I've heard he has a high ceiling but will probably need a redshirt year to add weight and work on some technique.

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3dhsz9n4 said:
Huskies add 3 star offensive lineman from Arizona Matteo Mele. 6'6", 250 pounds. I've heard he has a high ceiling but will probably need a redshirt year to add weight and work on some technique.

His weight is north of 275 at this point, that being said, I think all OL should redshirt.

Latest posts