Luke Falk: all-time Pac-12 passing leader in yards and TDs.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":11uj7y5z said:
I'm surprised there is no WSU/USC thread... pretty big game
Me too, come on Maul yer slippin'. 8)

As a big UW fan I say, Congrats to the Cougs, huge win!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Good win?

That was a pretty fantastic win for the Cougars.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Uncle Si":bjnwpf0g said:
Good win?

That was a pretty fantastic win for the Cougars.

I'll stick with good. Usc was pretty much playing their jv squad by the end due to injury. Beat UW in the apple cup, which I think is a real possibility, and that will be a fantastic win. In my opinion.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with J, it was good but not great. USC was really banged up, 3 of their starting OLine guys were out.

It was pretty clear that the big difference in this game was in the trenches. I was a bit surprised WSU was able to protect Faulk and run the ball, but the USC Oline looked like the Seahawks OLine. They couldn't pass protect for more than two seconds and couldn't get much push in the run game.

Maybe I'm just a Husky hater, but I still think Wazzou is a little overrated, even after this win. Before this game they beat absolutely no one. Obviously USC is someone, but they were down like 8 starters. Even Alabama would have a difficult time overcoming the loss of 8 starters.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":26p4rzpc said:
Yeah I agree with J, it was good but not great. USC was really banged up, 3 of their starting OLine guys were out.

It was pretty clear that the big difference in this game was in the trenches. I was a bit surprised WSU was able to protect Faulk and run the ball, but the USC Oline looked like the Seahawks OLine. They couldn't pass protect for more than two seconds and couldn't get much push in the run game.

Maybe I'm just a Husky hater, but I still think Wazzou is a little overrated, even after this win. Before this game they beat absolutely no one. Obviously USC is someone, but they were down like 8 starters. Even Alabama would have a difficult time overcoming the loss of 8 starters.

It was a great win for WSU. Didn't realize that Martin Stadium is the StubHub field of the Pac 12 (smaller stadium compared to others).

USC is overrated and that was proven last night. They didn't look very good against Cal either. They shouldn't be ranked in the top 10 after this but somehow USC apologists will keep them there, unfortunately. They are most overrated program in the NCAA by a mile. Lucky for them they get a 2nd bye week (this season) against Oregon State next week.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Good though? Some of you get a little too carried away with the school you root for.

Who cares how it played out. They just beat #5 in the nation and moved themselves into playoff talk. Fantastic win for that program. (You are allowed to have more than one of those per season)

Whatever I guess.

Threedee

Reaction score
Maulbert":1b44i9pr said:
Threedee":1b44i9pr said:
4th & 13, and WSU gives it up...

Last I checked, the Huskies were never in a position to give up a tie to USC last season.

True, I watched that manhandling last year. They were dominated at the LOS.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
A question about QB's TD totals. Ohio State's QB-J. T. Barrett whom I've been watching for several seasons - has 126 total TD's rushing & passing, so far. I wonder what the record is for total TD's both rushing and passing? I'd look it up, but I'm too lazy.

Barrett's current CAREER TOTAL stats thru last week: Passing: 667 of 1047 for 8219-yds, 63.7%-comp. 7.85/YPA, 90-TD's, 22-INT, Rushing: 561 for 2824-yds, *5.03-YPC*, 36-TD's. (That is 11,043 total yards of production). Barrett has the potential to be a "slightly bigger" version of the highly mobile RW -IMO- and as such could be a very viable B/U QB selection in the mid/late rounds in the coming draft. The kid's a duel threat & he's having a pretty good season this year.

EDIT: Okay, I looked it up. NCAA career record for TD's is held by QB-Dan LeFevour of Central Michigan in 2009 with a total of 148, second place is Tim Tebow of Florida with 140. Perhaps, by the seasons end, J. T. Barrett can manage another 23-TD's in upcoming games and set a new record? That might effect his ranking quite a bit.
:smilingalien:

EDIT to note: After Ohio States come from behind, thrilling victory over Penn State and the superb performance of QB-J. T. Barrett, he is now being touted as a 10-1 Heisman selection and some commentators are saying he's a lock for a 1-st round pick. So much for my original statement about the Seahawks being able to pick him with a mid to late round pick. Now, he will likely go no later than the 2-nd round and very possibly even in round 1. Oh well........

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":2vbm9575 said:
EDIT: Okay, I looked it up. NCAA career record for TD's is held by QB-Dan LeFevour of Central Michigan in 2009 with a total of 148, second place is Tim Tebow of Florida with 140. Perhaps, by the seasons end, J. T. Barrett can manage another 15-TD's and set a new record? That might effect his ranking quite a bit.

Man, if Mariota would have stuck around for his senior year he would have shattered that record. He had 136 in 3 years, all those others mentioned played all 4 years.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1hk9ke05 said:
Maulbert":1hk9ke05 said:
...and Falk just tied Mariota.

Only took him 658 extra pass attempts.

:sarcasm_on: You know, considering how obviously inferior Luke Falk is, you'd think Oregon would've figured out how to beat him as a starter at least once. :sarcasm_off:

1127 and counting....

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Maulbert":2i59d8tp said:
JSeahawks":2i59d8tp said:
Maulbert":2i59d8tp said:
...and Falk just tied Mariota.

Only took him 658 extra pass attempts.

:sarcasm_on: You know, considering how obviously inferior Luke Falk is, you'd think Oregon would've figured out how to beat him as a starter at least once. :sarcasm_off:

1127 and counting....

C'mon, JSea, no comeback? :p

Threedee

Reaction score
Looks like Mike Leach has broken Falk's football spirit like he did Halliday's. Falk is benched, probably due to his attitude of having an idiot for a coach. Now Helinski is stinking it up, and it will be difficult for Falk to rescue the Cougars down 10.

Latest posts