The 2018 Recruiting Thread

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
drrew":2ccp6q51 said:
I'll just post this link https://oregon.247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/Decommits and we can bump the thread for each new Oregon announcement.

I believe we'd be up to 5 bumps since slick Willie started pulling the decorations off his tree.

Most of them are saying they'll be back if they like the hire. After watching the twitter activity i'm actually starting to feel a lot more optimistic. The 4 Florida kids are most likely following Willie to Florida State. I think the Ducks will end up keeping, or getting back, most of the rest of them. Although Chip Kelly is already trying to get his hooks into a few of them.

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ah679wgx said:
Most of them are saying they'll be back if they like the hire. After watching the twitter activity i'm actually starting to feel a lot more optimistic. The 4 Florida kids are most likely following Willie to Florida State. I think the Ducks will end up keeping, or getting back, most of the rest of them. Although Chip Kelly is already trying to get his hooks into a few of them.

I think Chip has Harrison already, but the announcement isn't imminent.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
drrew":d6t9xxki said:
JSeahawks":d6t9xxki said:

I think Chip has Harrison already, but the announcement isn't imminent.

I saw today that Taggarts first new offer out from FSU as coach was to Tre'shaun. I know Willie is the guy on Oregon's staff he had the best connection with. Will be interesting to see if Taggart can get him to go across the country. If he doesnt come to Oregon I hope he makes it out of the conference, cuz the kids going to be a star.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Huskies get a commit from a 3* linebacker out of Utah.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/A_Jude/status/939371090551349249[/tweet]

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SeatownJay":32y7kzow said:
Huskies get a commit from a 3* linebacker out of Utah.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/A_Jude/status/939371090551349249[/tweet]

I like this dude. Probably my 3rd favorite recruit you guys have landed after Yankoff and Spiker.

goseahawks2012

Reaction score
UW got 2 more commitments today with 3 star OLB/DE ZION TUPUOLA-FETUI and 4 star Sam Taimani who right now is scheduled to be a DL but could be switched to OL depending on if UW is able to close on a couple of other DL.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3jkcce5u said:
goseahawks2012":3jkcce5u said:
UW got 2 more commitments today with 3 star OLB/DE ZION TUPUOLA-FETUI and 4 star Sam Taimani who right now is scheduled to be a DL but could be switched to OL depending on if UW is able to close on a couple of other DL.

Isn't Taimani a top 10 Offensive Lineman?

He's the 7th rated guard. According to 247. I have heard that he prefers defense.

https://247sports.com/Player/Sam-Taimani-93047

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
UW's class is now up to 11th in the country. Ducks is down to 10th after 6 decommitments with Taggart leaving (I expect 3 or 4 of them to come back). They're pretty much tied in average star ranking, with UW recruits averaging 89.35 and Oregon recruits averaging 89.25. We're both behind USC and UCLA in average star rankings.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The South Bend Tribune says that Lenzy is considering jumping back to Notre Dame
.I don't know if he decommited from the Ducks but it reads that way.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2e49obby said:
The South Bend Tribune says that Lenzy is considering jumping back to Notre Dame
.I don't know if he decommited from the Ducks but it reads that way.

Yea, it sounds like he's going to end up at Notre Dame.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
davidonmi":1jclhalw said:
whoa.
Ohio State mod says if togiai decides today it's likely UW.

Will announce in December because it sounds like his coach is pushing tOSU and told him to hold off. Won't even visit USC.
this would be gigantic.

He commited to Ohio state today.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3305lo37 said:
JSeahawks":3305lo37 said:
Huskies get a commit from 4 star inside linebacker Brandon Kaho from Reno. I like this kid.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1815131/58 ... 2450004e8e

Yea, this might be the get of the class. Super athletic linebacker or tight end. He's 6'2 and 230+ now, but he'll probably play at 240ish in college if he goes inside LB.

BYU, Alabama, Tennessee, USC, and Texas were all on him... he had committed to BYU earlier, but last I checked I thought he was going to flip to Alabama. This is a huge victory for the Huskies to get a kid that Saban wanted.

My guess is that this he's a future NFL linebacker in the mold of Bobby Wagner or KJ Wright.

I'm not certain on this, but i read this morning that he is going on a mission so he wont get to UW for a couple years. I really dont know if thats true or not though.

goseahawks2012

Reaction score
JSeahawks":oba5pvu8 said:
The_Z_Man":oba5pvu8 said:
JSeahawks":oba5pvu8 said:
Huskies get a commit from 4 star inside linebacker Brandon Kaho from Reno. I like this kid.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1815131/58 ... 2450004e8e

Yea, this might be the get of the class. Super athletic linebacker or tight end. He's 6'2 and 230+ now, but he'll probably play at 240ish in college if he goes inside LB.

BYU, Alabama, Tennessee, USC, and Texas were all on him... he had committed to BYU earlier, but last I checked I thought he was going to flip to Alabama. This is a huge victory for the Huskies to get a kid that Saban wanted.

My guess is that this he's a future NFL linebacker in the mold of Bobby Wagner or KJ Wright.

I'm not certain on this, but i read this morning that he is going on a mission so he wont get to UW for a couple years. I really dont know if thats true or not though.

It is not. He will be UW this summer

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Well early signing period begins tomorrow, something new to to the recruiting world. I'm a USC fan, and the last couple of days have seen some decommits and new commits. Some big names had officials this last weekend, so we'll see if that turns into some signatures. It'll be telling who is allowed to sign early and who are place holders. Next few days should be interesting.

drrew

Reaction score
Sirmon and Yankoff both signed this morning for UW. Not sure how Petersen talked them both into coming, but it's great to have options.