Seahawks Draft Needs

chris98251

Reaction score
getnasty":1cdo13t7 said:
xgeoff":1cdo13t7 said:
RB is so overrated. Tonight the Dallas Cowboys ran roughshod over the Redskins with Alfred Morris as their RB. It's not about the RB, it's about the line. This is why we need to FIRE...TOM...CABLE!

Agree I would have no problem rolling with Carson, Procise, Mckissic, and Davis next year.

One condition, all are healthy all year !

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I question whether OL is a priority need. Probably get one with a late day three pick.

I think Seattle will consider Duane Brown's traded selection as our draft spend on the OL.

Without any day 2 picks, depth and value at individual position groups will drive the selections more than in previous drafts. With Fant and Roos, I expect Seattle feels pretty solid at the developmental OL prospects. And I don't see us getting anything more than that in day three at the position. So unless we punt every other need to day three and select an OL player with our one early pick -- I see OL dropping almost off the radar in this draft.

chris98251

Reaction score
Still think we have players but lack ummm the correct direction in their coaching and or utilization or scheme. With as many picks as we have had going back to Okung who seems to do well other places and not get tossed around like a rag doll and commit penalties at the rate only Ifedi could appreciate, throwing dirt by tables spoons into a hole the size iof the Grand Canyon and expecting it to get filled isn't going to work.

raisethe3

Reaction score
I really think we need a CB and a FS. When I mean FS. I'm talking about a guy who has the speed like Earl Thomas and and cover a good amount of range. Of course, there won't be a duplicate of Earl Thomas, but try to find someone who can at least be near that and maybe coach him up. Not like Steven Terrell. :roll:

Assuming Seattle gets Sheldon Richardson back, they should look to getting a replacement for Cliff Avril.

OL: I think once Fant comes back, the coaches might put him at right tackle to replace Ifedi as backup. I honestly don't know if Justin Britt will come back.

Kicker: Yes, draft a kicker in the last round and bring him in for competition to push Walsh.

SS: Someone mention that Hill was suppose to be an eventual replacement for Kam? If not, get someone here at this spot. Other wise, I would get a FS like I mentioned earlier.

CB: You can never have too many CBs, get someone here.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I want us to take a late-round flyer on Shaquille Griffin's twin brother, Shaquem. He's having a hell of a game for UCF in the conference championship.

xgeoff

Reaction score
SeatownJay":daqk3e4d said:
I want us to take a late-round flyer on Shaquille Griffin's twin brother, Shaquem. He's having a hell of a game for UCF in the conference championship.

Now THAT would be interesting!

hawkfan68

Reaction score

SeatownJay

Reaction score
hawkfan68":90dvqcgo said:
SeatownJay":90dvqcgo said:

He's really good. What's even more amazing is that he's one-handed and still playing well. For a CB that has to be tough but he's overcome it. He would be a nice add to the Seahawks.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/12/2/16727802/shaquem-griffin-ucf-fumble-recovery
He lines up at linebacker more than corner.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
No chance Barkley will fall to us.

The two Notre Dame lineman may fall towards the bottom half of the first round but since offensive lineman are a hot commodity, it's unlikely.

It's likely Schneider and Carroll do not like any first rounders as they always do.

original poster

Reaction score
After putting some thought into it I'm totally not convinced RB in the 1st is the way to go.

Our run game isn't down to ineffective RB's, it's down to ineffective lineman and coaching.

I'd be happy with a DE, WR or S with the first pick.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Having a dynamic RB option to take the heat off of the QB goes a looooong way in this league.

Goff-Gurley
Brees - Kamara-Ingram
Big Ben - Bell
Wentz (pre injury) - RB committee
Cam-McCaffrey
Ryan-Freeman

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
original poster":2enwt9u6 said:
After putting some thought into it I'm totally not convinced RB in the 1st is the way to go.

Our run game isn't down to ineffective RB's, it's down to ineffective lineman and coaching.

I'd be happy with a DE, WR or S with the first pick.
Assuming they can re-sign McDougald, it seems like they're fine at S with him, Delano Hill and Tedric Thompson even if Kam doesn't come back.

Hoping they can somehow get Graham and P Rich back for like $6M per each MAX and Sheldon Richardson for under $10M per. If they have faith in Dion Jordan and Malik McDowell, DE might not be much of a need.

WR Martavis Bryant might be available this off-season and only has a 700k cap hit....cheap replacement for Graham and/or Paul Richardson if the Hawks can't fit them under the cap at a good price.

"I'd think at this point the ballpark for Bryant is a 7th-round pick with maybe an increase of one round if he put up big numbers and kept his nose clean for the rest of the year. Given how the year has played out for him on the field and now asking publicly for a trade I think it would be pretty hard to get much more than that even with a cheap contract." --Jason Fitzgerald, Over The Cap

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Rashaad Penny is rolling over the Army defense in the Armed Forces bowl. Every time I've seen him play, he's been impressive. He is exactly what the Seahawks are missing. He's an all-around back - running, receiving, and blocking. Just what they need.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
massari":zpcd4ypm said:
The Seahawks apparently graded SS Delano Hill with a 1st or 2nd round grade last draft, so they might already have Kam's replacement to go along with Bradley McDougald.
A positive offseason with good coaching for Delano Hill and Tedric Thompson will help our safety depth. I think they both have high upside going forward...re-signing Mcdougald in the meantime is key.

RB depth is needed
OL - grabbing a McGlinchy, etc. in round 1 would be sweet
CB depth

RockinHawks

Reaction score
hawkfan68":10u1a243 said:
Rashaad Penny is rolling over the Army defense in the Armed Forces bowl. Every time I've seen him play, he's been impressive. He is exactly what the Seahawks are missing. He's an all-around back - running, receiving, and blocking. Just what they need.
I like Penny, too!

Some people have said he runs too upright...and has played inferior competition. I like him and think he may be a good player. I'm also a fan of Coleman from UW.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
RockinHawks":12gt630v said:
hawkfan68":12gt630v said:
I like Penny, too!

Some people have said he runs too upright...and has played inferior competition. I like him and think he may be a good player. I'm also a fan of Coleman from UW.

Coleman is good one too. I don't know what knock about running upright is. To me it seems nitpicky. Can't find a reason to criticize so let's pull the running form card. Chris Warren ran upright, so did Eric Dickerson, and Todd Gurley runs upright. They all are/were very productive in that style.

Latest posts