NCAA FBS Coaching Carousel

JSeahawks

Reaction score
fenderbender123":hcetm6kz said:
JSeahawks":hcetm6kz said:
fenderbender123":hcetm6kz said:
Welp...I guess I'm happy for ya then. How will you be celebrating this hire?

By beating UW next year. :D

Your once fired head coach who also got demoted as a coordinator from Alabama is going to turn around the Oregon football team in one year and beat a team that's finished in the top 10 (because they will beat Penn State) and crushed Oregon 2 years in a row?

There’s not that much turning around to do. Would have probably won 9 games with a healthy qb this year. Next year the ducks probably have the easiest schedule in the country, it’s even worse then uw’s was this year. WSU loses their qb and best player defensively, Stanford loses their heisman finalist, and uw loses just about everybody of importance if Gaskin and Gaines leave early.

Oh, and your not beating Penn State. You havnt beaten a team with a pulse your last 2 seasons.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
When Chip Kelly was Oregon's coach, I remember thinking every year "Oregon's gonna lose {insert names of good players} this year...they're gonna suck next year!" But then they'd be just as good or better.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
This year our defense was supposed to be way worse since we lost 3 DBs to the NFL. But instead, we fielded another top 10 (if not top 5) defense.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2pqd4sn6 said:
This year our defense was supposed to be way worse since we lost 3 DBs to the NFL. But instead, we fielded another top 10 (if not top 5) defense.

Yea, but look at your schedule, they were never even challenged. Played a lot of shitty offenses and Oregon and UCLA without their qbs, and Arizona before they made their qb change that saved their season. I’m not going to sit here and say uw’s d sucked, because obviously they’re really good, but everything broke the right way for them too.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
JSeahawks":oxinarla said:
fenderbender123":oxinarla said:

Yea, but look at your schedule, they were never even challenged. Played a lot of shitty offenses and Oregon and UCLA without their qbs, and Arizona before they made their qb change that saved their season. I’m not going to sit here and say uw’s d sucked, because obviously they’re really good, but everything broke the right way for them too.

Josh Rosen, UCLA, played against the Huskies. He got stuffed and then left the game due to an injury (concussion I believe). So he was there to start the game but he sure didn't finish.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3fe459mv said:
JSeahawks":3fe459mv said:
fenderbender123":3fe459mv said:

What exactly broke their way? The season ending and career threatening injury to their star corner? Losing their 2nd corner, Bryan Murphy to a broken leg? Was it losing their backup backup corner? Was it losing LB DJ Beavers to the season? Azeem Victor running into major off field issues? Tell me, what OTHER Pac 12 team in the last five years lost their TOP THREE corners and still fielded a top 10 caliber defense?

Oh, and let's not forget, our best WR - Chico McClatcher, and our best Offensive Lineman (the freaking left tackle)... both out for the year.

And let's not forget, our starting QB has a permanent bum shoulder that has all but put an end to his football career as a legit threat.

And you're making excuses for YOUR team based on one injury.

What broke your way is that you didnt play a single team that was good enough to take advantage of all that. At least not until Penn State rolls all over you. I could make a list of injuries that the Ducks faced too, but whats the point? They were an average team who finished with an average record. Washington is a very good team who's defense was never tested. Is it really that ridiculous to point out that UW didnt play any really good offenses?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1iztvbsa said:
The_Z_Man":1iztvbsa said:
JSeahawks":1iztvbsa said:
fenderbender123":1iztvbsa said:

What exactly broke their way? The season ending and career threatening injury to their star corner? Losing their 2nd corner, Bryan Murphy to a broken leg? Was it losing their backup backup corner? Was it losing LB DJ Beavers to the season? Azeem Victor running into major off field issues? Tell me, what OTHER Pac 12 team in the last five years lost their TOP THREE corners and still fielded a top 10 caliber defense?

Oh, and let's not forget, our best WR - Chico McClatcher, and our best Offensive Lineman (the freaking left tackle)... both out for the year.

And let's not forget, our starting QB has a permanent bum shoulder that has all but put an end to his football career as a legit threat.

And you're making excuses for YOUR team based on one injury.

What broke your way is that you didnt play a single team that was good enough to take advantage of all that. At least not until Penn State rolls all over you. I could make a list of injuries that the Ducks faced too, but whats the point? They were an average team who finished with an average record. Washington is a very good team who's defense was never tested. Is it really that ridiculous to point out that UW didnt play any really good offenses?
:34853_doh: :pukeface: :rumble: