If you're the Browns:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
What do you do with pick 1 and pick 4?

Stick and pick? Trade back? How far?

getnasty

Reaction score
I wouldn't feel good with either QB id probably take Barkley and the best defensive player available. Then sign Cousins.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Trade them for 2x as many 2nd and 3rd rounders in return for Cousins.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Grab a FA QB.....knowing that our history of picking QBs in the draft absolutely stinks. Buy one instead. Draft Saquon. Then, identify the second most glaring position of need and go get your guy. Don't draft a QB!

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The smart move is to go ALL IN on Cousins and pick your future cornerstone players this time. Only take a trade for 1 or 4 if you're absolutely fleecing the other team.

My key moves would be:
-Sign Cousins or Smith
-Come out of the draft with a blue chip safety and running back (Barkley and Fitzpatrick) and Ronnie Harrison to set the tone on defense.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Saquan Barkley, trade back a spot or two for an extra 3rd and draft Josh Allen. If not Allen then Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield. They could then trade back up into the 1st and get an OL. If they can get a QB in FA I'd use the 4th to get OG Quenton Nelson.

massari

Reaction score
Why would Cousins wanna sign with the Browns over the Broncos, Redskins, Jags ect? Unless they throw a ton of money and completely overpay for him, they'll have to draft a QB it seems.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
massari":2qdxiugy said:
Why would Cousins wanna sign with the Browns over the Broncos, Redskins, Jags ect? Unless they throw a ton of money and completely overpay for him, they'll have to draft a QB it seems.

Bingo, noone is signing in Cleveland.

Also theres no way a QB isn't taken number 1. Either by Cleveland or by someone moving up for Rosen/Darnold.

If Im Cleveland I take QB and LT.

Anchovy of Terror

Reaction score
I would say trade down but since they’re already the browns I doubt they find someone dumb enough to trade up to 1

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Trade down. Neither Rosen or Darnold is worth the number one pick.

Rosen is Jay Cutler. All the arm talent in the world but not a leader who guys will want to follow and not a winner.

Darnold I love. But he's way too reckless with the ball and needs to be reigned in.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Trade 1 and 4 to Seattle for their 7th because Brown's picks usually don't pan out any way so why bother...

lobohawk

Reaction score
trade down and pick Bradley Chubb and Vita Vea. Build the nasty D, then work on the O.