Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Omg, WSU's QB Tyler Halinski commited suicide.

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

• Incredibly sad. Such a waste. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
    0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Tragic, thoughts and prayers for his family and friends.....
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Just saw the news. Always sad to see someone make that decision. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends
    Anchovy of Terror
    NET Bench Warmer

• As a WSU alumnus, this is the worst thing we have ever experienced. Just so sad and unimaginable 12 hours ago.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

• Terrible news.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• Just so sad and so unexpected. Going to light a candle for the Hailnski family.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• Terrible..rip
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• Wow. Just unbelievably shocking and horrible news. My heart goes out to his family, friends, and teammates.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• WOW. So sad. RIP Tyler. Just shocking. Thought and prayers to the Halinski family.
    "You don't always get to play playoff games at home, or conference championships at home, or superbowls at home. You have to have the mindset that you can play to your potential wherever you are." - Pete Carroll
    nwHawk
    NET Veteran

• Sad and I don't understand why..I feel for his family and friends who would have helped him.
    All he had to do was talk to them.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Terrible..........rest in peace brother
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• IndyHawk wrote:Sad and I don't understand why..I feel for his family and friends who would have helped him.

As someone who has attempted suicide before, that’s not always as easy as it sounds. Especially when one feels just complete hopelessness about himself and the future. I was lucky in that my friend found me and rushed me to the hospital. I understand your thoughts though. This news hit me pretty hard because I’ve almost been in his situation, I just hope that whatever lies beyond that he finds peace.
    pre·vent de·fense
    n. Football
    A defensive formation in which a team prevents their defense from stopping the other team's offense.
    hannibalking
    NET Rookie

• So so sad.

For reference, if anyone reads this and feels in a similar spot, reach out to someone. Anyone, just reach out.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• hannibalking wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:Sad and I don't understand why..I feel for his family and friends who would have helped him.

As someone who has attempted suicide before, that’s not always as easy as it sounds. Especially when one feels just complete hopelessness about himself and the future. I was lucky in that my friend found me and rushed me to the hospital. I understand your thoughts though. This news hit me pretty hard because I’ve almost been in his situation, I just hope that whatever lies beyond that he finds peace.

Glad you're still here :) :2thumbs:
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• hannibalking wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:Sad and I don't understand why..I feel for his family and friends who would have helped him.

I hope you are doing well now and thank you for explaining this better than I ever could. My husband is currently in the hospital after a failed suicide attempt. To say all he had to do is talk to me and I could have helped him is not true nor is it helpful for anyone who may be going through this.

Prayers for this young man's family and friends.
    dbmack
    NET Veteran

• dbmack wrote:
    hannibalking wrote:

I hope you are doing well now and thank you for explaining this better than I ever could. My husband is currently in the hospital after a failed suicide attempt. To say all he had to do is talk to me and I could have helped him is not true nor is it helpful for anyone who may be going through this.

Prayers for this young man's family and friends.

Hope your husband is ok and on the mend dbmack.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:Hope your husband is ok and on the mend dbmack.

Thank you, he is doing well, past the critical stage and into the recovery phase to hopefully keep it from happening again. I don't want this thread to be about him, it's for the young man who took his life yesterday. I just couldn't let that comment go. People who haven't been through it have no clue how hurtful those comments are.
    dbmack
    NET Veteran

• Horribly sad news. My thoughts go out to his family, friends, and his WSU family. :(
    Had a great Highschool teacher that said this early and often... “suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem”.
    I know it’s not always that simple, but it’s true.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• At some point, people are going to understand that depression is a chemical thing.

It is an imbalance in the way the brain works.

You could be sitting on top of lottery winnings in a yacht off Hawaii and still be in that deep chasm.

Yes, circumstances can exacerbate it. But for the most part, it does not have to be related to environment.

It is a chemical thing, and it affects like brain just like other chemicals affect the brain.

It isn't a choice. It is a reaction to a condition.

So yeah, he had everything to live for. But being a disease, that does not matter. The suicide that comes from it is an attempt to self-medicate, not 'a solution to a problem'. It isn't a selfish choice, it is a response to the issues in the brain of the person affected.

My brother had his kid, an amazing 12 year old girl, hospitalized for suicide over the holidays.

Luckily, she is getting help. But holy crap.

The objective for anyone that even has someone HINT at suicide is to be supportive, take it seriously and get them to a mental health professional. Sometimes when people are hinting at it, they are testing the waters to see if they really are alone. It is important to let them know they are not. Let them know they matter and then take it seriously.

This really sucks because there is help out there and ways to treat this condition. So hopefully more people will understand that there is a way out, and that there are other options out there.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:At some point, people are going to understand that depression is a chemical thing.

It is an imbalance in the way the brain works.

You could be sitting on top of lottery winnings in a yacht off Hawaii and still be in that deep chasm.

Yes, circumstances can exacerbate it. But for the most part, it does not have to be related to environment.

It is a chemical thing, and it affects like brain just like other chemicals affect the brain.

It isn't a choice. It is a reaction to a condition.

So yeah, he had everything to live for. But being a disease, that does not matter. The suicide that comes from it is an attempt to self-medicate, not 'a solution to a problem'. It isn't a selfish choice, it is a response to the issues in the brain of the person affected.

My brother had his kid, an amazing 12 year old girl, hospitalized for suicide over the holidays.

Luckily, she is getting help. But holy crap.

The objective for anyone that even has someone HINT at suicide is to be supportive, take it seriously and get them to a mental health professional. Sometimes when people are hinting at it, they are testing the waters to see if they really are alone. It is important to let them know they are not. Let them know they matter and then take it seriously.

This really sucks because there is help out there and ways to treat this condition. So hopefully more people will understand that there is a way out, and that there are other options out there.

Good post Twisted, clearly there is a difference between situational and clinical depression but both can be devastating for the individual suffering from them. It just breaks my heart when I see young people assign such hopelessness to their lives that are just starting. Awareness starts with each and every one of us.
    In the old days the other O-linemen would have just taken Ifedi out back and beat the crap out of him.
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• hannibalking wrote:

Glad you are ok now.
    I was just being honest when I said I did not understand.
    Not meant to hurt or offend in any way to anyone.
    Hope your husband recovers well(to other post)
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• I still can't really think about this with out tearing up. Incredibly deeply saddening.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

• My heart goes out to the family. Just terrible.
    HawkNuts
    NET Veteran

• So sad. Was excited what this guy could do for us the next couple years.

Appreciate those that have shared personal experiences with this. Pray for this dudes soul. Wish there could have been someone there that could have reached out to him. Can't imagine what his family is going through right now and wish nothing but strength and hope for them.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 8:32 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information