Vita Vea says he'll forgo senior year, enter NFL draft

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I'd love it if Seattle was able to get him. Either way there will be a great player available at 18 with all the talent coming out this year .

mrblitz

Reaction score
vita could play running back or wr... that would be lit... even if they play him as a d-lineman, he's going to be a great pro...

chris98251

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":17qno60u said:
I'd love it if Seattle was able to get him. Either way there will be a great player available at 18 with all the talent coming out this year .

All the more reason to look at someone nobody knows about that has good athletic skills. It's the Seahawk way :p

D

DomeHawk

Vea and Jarran Reed stuffing the opposing team's running game.

Open's up the D-ends game too!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Would love that to happen but we are trading the 1st round pick because we have no 2nd or 3rds.

original poster

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3unb8gpk said:
Would love that to happen but we are trading the 1st round pick because we have no 2nd or 3rds.

Unless, of course, they gain draft capital in other ways.

I would LOVE to have Vita Vea on the roster, however I think he goes just before us, personally.

D

DomeHawk

Sports Hernia":rcau4vde said:

I think that is the logical take but I also think it boils down to who's available. Once we get into the teens it isn't the same as late 1st-rounders who aren't much different that 2nd-rounders. Not Vea necessarily but there could be an opportunity for a potential perennial All-Pro.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Well let's hope this isn't serious.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/KimJonesSports/status/970314245383577600[/tweet]

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ing-injury

Vea missed out on the 20- and 60-yard shuttle runs, the vertical and broad jump, and the 3-cone drill. With Washington's pro day coming soon (March 10), Vea doesn't have much recovery time if he hopes to make up any of those drills at the Huskies' on-campus workout. He could also opt to wait and hold a private workout for clubs later in the draft season.

chris98251

Reaction score
With pulled Hammy ran a 5.10, healthy he is under 5, he can bide his time and heal, even if he has not healed he has already showed what he can do, may drop to late teens or early 20's but is a first rounder, this actually would work out for us if were interested.

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":2ttm21aa said:
With pulled Hammy ran a 5.10, healthy he is under 5, he can bide his time and heal, even if he has not healed he has already showed what he can do, may drop to late teens or early 20's but is a first rounder, this actually would work out for us if were interested.
We would be crazy not to take him if he's available but personally, I don't think he will be.

chris98251

Reaction score
DomeHawk":341a6kb1 said:
chris98251":341a6kb1 said:
We would be crazy not to take him if he's available but personally, I don't think he will be.

If he is there and we have not resigned Richardson we would be crazy not to pick him, even then since he has the speed and agility that is rare and could line up outside and inside signing Richardson and him would make us almost right away the best D line with the rest of our guys in place in the NFC with the break up of the Rams D line.

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":1b49c2s0 said:
DomeHawk":1b49c2s0 said:
chris98251":1b49c2s0 said:

If he is there and we have not resigned Richardson we would be crazy not to pick him, even then since he has the speed and agility that is rare and could line up outside and inside signing Richardson and him would make us almost right away the best D line with the rest of our guys in place in the NFC with the break up of the Rams D line.

I know that the Seahawks want to keep Richardson but the thought of Reed and Vea playing together on rookie contracts, and saving the money Richardson would require, certainly looks attractive to me.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Highly unlikely he's still on the board at 18 almost no chance of that . I'm looking at more realistic names like Ronald Jones and Nick Chubb in a trade down scenario.

D

DomeHawk

Northwest Seahawk":1l1p6w1r said:
Highly unlikely he's still on the board at 18 almost no chance of that . I'm looking at more realistic names like Ronald Jones and Nick Chubb in a trade down scenario.

Nick Chubb looks like a much better prospect, 22 lbs heavier that Jones at 227. Was suspicious of Jones' ability to carry weight and that was confirmed when he came into the combine at 205. He has small hands also which tells me his frame won't be carrying the kind of weight you need in the NFL these days. Chubb's combine numbers look good, he's the real deal.

Latest posts