QB-Brandon Silvers, Troy, 6-3/219. projected UDFA

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I've been beating the bushes for backup QB candidates beyond QB-J. T. Barrett, who I think may be of at least some interest to the Seahawks as a replacement for the "troubled" Boykin. Here, I think I might have found a sleeper, small school QB that would --possibly-- fit the mold of an RW clone as well, further research may be needed to say for sure.

QB-Brandon Silvers, Troy, 6-3/219. Career: 48-games 969 completions for 10,684-yds,
71-TD's/29-INT, 64.4% completion % -and- 237 rushes for 415-yds & 16-TD's.
Reportedly has: ""good speed, strong arm, good accuracy, mobile, tough nosed, good instincts, good ball placement, gets ball out quickly, very poised in the pocket with good awareness, good roll out passer and has a good deep ball.""

Sounds quite a bit like RW, has anyone (Troy alums?) seen or heard of him before or know anything about this likely UDFA? See: http://pigskinprospects.com/jasons-earl ... n-silvers/
:smilingalien:

chris98251

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":2k2vetnv said:
I've been beating the bushes for backup QB candidates beyond QB-J. T. Barrett, who I think may be of at least some interest to the Seahawks as a replacement for the "troubled" Boykin. Here, I think I might have found a sleeper, small school QB that would --possibly-- fit the mold of an RW clone as well, further research may be needed to say for sure.

QB-Brandon Silvers, Troy, 6-3/219. Career: 48-games 969 completions for 10,684-yds,
71-TD's/29-INT, 64.4% completion % -and- 237 rushes for 415-yds & 16-TD's.
Reportedly has: ""good speed, strong arm, good accuracy, mobile, tough nosed, good instincts, good ball placement, gets ball out quickly, very poised in the pocket with good awareness, good roll out passer and has a good deep ball.""

Sounds quite a bit like RW, has anyone (Troy alums?) seen or heard of him before or know anything about this likely UDFA? See: http://pigskinprospects.com/jasons-earl ... n-silvers/

He looks to have small hands which may be a strike, but everything I have read makes him seem like a solid prospect, the competition level is a big strike against him also. He seems to have shown well in all the work outs as well.

OP
OP
CamanoIslandJQ

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Silvers has 9-1/8" hands, the same as Mason Rudolph, certainly, smaller hands may be of some impact in poor weather conditions. IMO- 9" hands is the minimum standard for NFL QB's, and at least, these two QB's exceed the minimum.
Also of note, Silvers will most likely be an UDFA signing, so nothing lost in giving him a shot to win the B/U QB spot, or end up on the practice squad as a developmental project. I'd expect the Seahawks to sign a veteran retread QB and also
sign a QB or two as UDFA's to see if they may eventually fit their system.

Latest posts