The 2019 Recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Suaava Poti, 3 star defensive linemen from St John Bosco in California has commited to the Ducks. Ducks are really focusing on some of the traditional feeder schools this year. They're trying to take over Mater Dei (they've landed four and are hard after 2 or 3 more) and St John Bosco (Poti is the first they've landed, they're after 3 more) They're also working really hard to get into IMG Acadamy in Florida, which is probably the biggest feeder school for the whole country, Ducks are expected to land a couple dudes out of there.

goseahawks2012

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2naday4q said:
Ducks land 3 star WR JR Waters from ventura, Ca. Just like UW recent commit Ah You, this is a guy who I think should be a 4 star, or at least a high 3 star, rather then the mid range 3 star which they both are. 6'4" with really good speed.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7073728/59 ... 05e44be095

Heard he has academic issues which is why some schools were hesitant to offer. Do you know if this is true?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
goseahawks2012":2je34e82 said:
JSeahawks":2je34e82 said:
Ducks land 3 star WR JR Waters from ventura, Ca. Just like UW recent commit Ah You, this is a guy who I think should be a 4 star, or at least a high 3 star, rather then the mid range 3 star which they both are. 6'4" with really good speed.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7073728/59 ... 05e44be095

Heard he has academic issues which is why some schools were hesitant to offer. Do you know if this is true?

I’ve heard that about one of the other wr’s the Ducks are after, Darren Jones, I havnt heard that about waters. I think he’s just a late bloomer who’s just starting to get noticed. He’s picked up a few more Pac-12 and Big 10 offers in the last couple weeks. He’s got an offer from Michigan who i think has pretty high academic expectations.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ducks also sign an Australian punter, Tom Snee. He’s a late addition to the 2018 class and is eligible to play this fall. My guess is this is our starting punter this season.

chris98251

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2vojx3e6 said:
Ducks also sign an Australian punter, Tom Snee. He’s a late addition to the 2018 class and is eligible to play this fall. My guess is this is our starting punter this season.

IS he a future HOFer Kiwihawk wants to know :p

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
#5 CB, #39 player overall, Chris Steele from St. John Bosco, may or may not have commited to USC. A Rivals reporter is reporting that its a done deal, behind the scenes. Steele is denying it. His public commitment is scheduled for July 7th, but I think pretty much everybody knows its going to be USC at this point.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Let the kid make his announcement. I'm sure it's happened to other schools too, but I know SC has lost kids over insiders publicizing their silent commits.

This is from a pretty accurate SC insider talking about the person who "broke" the commit. "Dude is trash. Ruined the kid's spotlight. I hope USC bans him from stepping foot on campus. "

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Marques Caldwell de commited from the ducks. He was a Taggart guy and hasn’t really been considered as part of the class for awhile, but he finally made it official. Will be replaced with somebody better (probably juco cb Elijah blades).

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
4 star wr Drake London commited to usc today. He’s also a 4 star rated basketball player and is supposedly going to try and play both sports at usc, although his scholarship will count towards football.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
JSeahawks":akgrm8rm said:
4 star wr Drake London commited to usc today. He’s also a 4 star rated basketball player and is supposedly going to try and play both sports at usc, although his scholarship will count towards football.
By NAZI (NCAA) rule, for multi sport kids, if football is one of the sports the scholly counts towards football. Done to prevent recruiting shenanigans.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Stanford landed their next great running back today. Austin Jones from bishop o’dowd. He flirted with both Oregon and Washington, but he was pretty much always going to Stanford. He’s a stud. My favorite of all the rb’s this class.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CoachPeteUW/status/1013874368097783809[/tweet]

More to follow.

(I'm hearing it's a kicker) :0190l:

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Horn

The Washington Huskies added a kicker to their 2019 class Monday.

Timothy Horn, a three-star recruit from Punahou High School in Honolulu, Hawaii, announced his verbal commitment to UW via Twitter.

"I am so blessed and grateful to announce my commitment to the University of Washington," he wrote.

Horn is the first kicker to join the 2019 class. He passed up offers from Hawaii and Army in favor of the Huskies.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/c ... 15864.html

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Is gee scotts son good? Seems to be getting a lot of big offers. Are UW interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.