The 2019 Recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
drrew":1e957j2j said:
Bru McCoy visiting UW this coming weekend.

Is there a point at which the USC season completely falls apart that they start worrying about the guys everyone assumes/knows will sign for them?
For me it's the first Wednesday in February that I relax. Nobody really knows what a high school kid is "going" to do.

D

DomeHawk

Anajimmc":1jsoert6 said:
drrew":1jsoert6 said:
Bru McCoy visiting UW this coming weekend.

Is there a point at which the USC season completely falls apart that they start worrying about the guys everyone assumes/knows will sign for them?
For me it's the first Wednesday in February that I relax. Nobody really knows what a high school kid is "going" to do.

Truer words were never spoken but I do think USC in particular has a lot riding on a season that seems to be imploding. With all those great athletes however, I never count them out.

To a lesser extent Oregon also has a lot riding on this season. They have a coach whom has a less than stellar resume and if he doesn't show he is able to produce, their highly rated class will be looking for less greener (purple) pastures, lol.

CPHawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":28o7lrh4 said:
Anajimmc":28o7lrh4 said:
"You said "The smart choice" for who? you. The kid is a So Cal kid, he's got friends on the team, his best friend is committed to SC. Do you know what his major will be and how UW compares to other target schools he's considering.

If he chooses UW great, but there are a number of great choices for him.

I'm not saying he is, just that the opportunity to play with a for-real top NFL QB prospect could get him in the NFL quicker than getting caught in a logjam at USC.

Oh that's eason, the kid who had no pocket awareness at UGA? Jake Heaps 2.0

D

DomeHawk

CPHawk":16ogiq13 said:
DomeHawk":16ogiq13 said:
Anajimmc":16ogiq13 said:
"You said "The smart choice" for who? you. The kid is a So Cal kid, he's got friends on the team, his best friend is committed to SC. Do you know what his major will be and how UW compares to other target schools he's considering.

I'm not saying he is, just that the opportunity to play with a for-real top NFL QB prospect could get him in the NFL quicker than getting caught in a logjam at USC.

Legit 5-star, Brock Huard said he was the best passing HS QB he had ever seen. He started as a true freshman, has had 2 yrs to season. USC and Oregon have no QB's to compare to UW's stable. He will be an NFL 1st rounder.

D

DomeHawk

CPHawk":1egzw9rs said:

I call BS: "It’s no secret that Georgia’s offensive line struggled often last season. At many times, Eason found himself smothered by the opposing defense.There were times when Eason looked flustered while under pressure, but on a few occasions, he showed some nice poise and pocket awareness."
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georg ... s-georgia/

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Kyle Ford's senior season is over. He's out with torn knee ligaments. Hope the Trojans continue to recruit him hard.

SeatownJay

Reaction score

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1dm78dof said:
DomeHawk":1dm78dof said:
JSeahawks":1dm78dof said:
Oh, and his dad is very much onboard with what Cristobal is building.

Right, the entire Pac-12 is shaking in their booots over your FIU 27 and 48 coach, lol.

Not sure what that has to do with anything? Obviously he has a lot to prove, as all new coaches do. But I can tell you with 100% certainty that the Millens have bought into his vision and plan.
If you take the son you should be required to take the father as well.
Not a fan of the father.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
CPHawk":bnkvymvg said:
DomeHawk":bnkvymvg said:
Anajimmc":bnkvymvg said:

His pocket awareness can’t be worse than the current guy who we’ve been watching turtle in big games for the last 4 years.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sounds like the Ducks made quite an impression on Kayvon Thibedeoux, the number 1 overall player in the country, who was on an official this weekend. He tweeted out that this was the best game he's ever been to, and that he's going to be moving his commitment date up. Sounds like if it ended right now, he'd be a duck. Still a long way to go though, so I wont hold my breath.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3n5vlbjx said:
#5 CB, #39 player overall, Chris Steele from St. John Bosco, may or may not have commited to USC. A Rivals reporter is reporting that its a done deal, behind the scenes. Steele is denying it. His public commitment is scheduled for July 7th, but I think pretty much everybody knows its going to be USC at this point.

Decommited. Might be Oklahoma bound.

D

DomeHawk

I am really surprised that Oregon is getting these players. Why? They haven't done anything in years and the only time they did was when USC was under sanctions.

They keep saying that Cristobal is a great recruiter but his coaching record is not good so what is he offering?

Very recently it has been testified in court that Oregon is offering money to get recruits to play at Oregon. Are these kids being led down the path to being committed to a sanctioned school?

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/index ... uitin.html

drrew

Reaction score
Calvert is another WTF moment for Chip.

His brother is a Bruin, he lives 15 minutes from campus, UCLA needs a really big class as they're something like 10 short of the scholarship limit, and they've just completely ignored the kid. It's fine to be selective as a recruiter, but all indications are that UCLA is just not really participating at all.

I really don't understand why Chip came back to coach in college if his heart just wasn't in it.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":33yfx96a said:
I am really surprised that Oregon is getting these players. Why? They haven't done anything in years and the only time they did was when USC was under sanctions.

They keep saying that Cristobal is a great recruiter but his coaching record is not good so what is he offering?

Very recently it has been testified in court that Oregon is offering money to get recruits to play at Oregon. Are these kids being led down the path to being committed to a sanctioned school?

Please don’t ever change.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":25q9q9pn said:
DomeHawk":25q9q9pn said:

Please don’t ever change.

Lol, I won't J.

I think you're a good guy J but you support an unethical program and you have said many times before that you couldn't care less if Phil Knight's money was the reason behind Oregon's success.

I don't feel any different about Oregon than i do any other unethical program/person. Way back when Tricky Ricky Neuheisel started playing games with recruiting at UDub I was the first one on Husky boards to criticize, something I was roundly ostracized for.

The end does NOT justify the means, the process is every bit as important as the result.

Our entire society needs to exhibit those values.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Except your using basketball recruiting articles in a football recruiting thread. Which is an entirely different subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.