Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Washington @ Oregon Gamethread

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:33 pm
  • dopeboy206 wrote:Bad fn targeting call. PAC-12 refs can go to hell


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    It’s a dumb rule. Intent should be required to be ejected.
    Oregon kid should not have been thrown out either.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23818
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:41 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:You’d think a top 20 team wouldn’t have kicker issues. I have to think kicking isn’t a priority.
    Season is over, because of a kicker. That’s on the head coach.


    It happens at the pros as well.Kickers suck.lol
    justafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1087
    Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:37 am


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:48 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    dopeboy206 wrote:Bad fn targeting call. PAC-12 refs can go to hell


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    It’s a dumb rule. Intent should be required to be ejected.
    Oregon kid should not have been thrown out either.


    If the refs weren't protecting UW, they would have thrown a facemask before that hit anyways. And a few holds on UW OL.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3341
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:57 pm
  • Just ducks doing what ducks do.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23921
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:58 pm
  • Washington peaked in 2016. Very hard to have all that NFL talent at once on both sides of the ball at every level.

    I'll be surprised if UW ever makes it back to the CFP
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2013
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:59 pm
  • cesame wrote:Washington peaked in 2016. Very hard to have all that NFL talent at once on both sides of the ball at every level.

    I'll be surprised if UW ever makes it back to the CFP



    Pete is going to have to do what Chip won't do, hire a few coaches that are savages on the recruting trail. Maybe he can hire Sark as OC.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3341
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:11 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Just ducks doing what ducks do.


    Ducks didn't win shit. Damn Huskies handed them the game on a silver platter.

    Gardner Minchew's gonna shred you like an Enron document.

    1,484.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

    The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

    189-152-1
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4323
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:14 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Just ducks doing what ducks do.


    Ducks didn't win shit. Damn Huskies handed them the game on a silver platter.

    Gardner Minchew's gonna shred you like an Enron document.

    1,484.


    13 of 15
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3341
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:27 pm
  • I think thats on the coach. Timeout and run a play on 3rd and 1 to get closer.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13713
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:30 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:I think thats on the coach. Timeout and run a play on 3rd and 1 to get closer.

    Yep. I don’t get that decision either.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23818
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:31 pm
  • It was an easy kick.he should have had it
    justafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1087
    Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:37 am


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:38 pm
  • justafan wrote:It was an easy kick.he should have had it

    Agree. Was at a highschool game last night a saw a kicker make one from 39 yards with room to spare.
    It should be a fairly automatic kick.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23818
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:43 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Just ducks doing what ducks do.


    Ducks didn't win shit. Damn Huskies handed them the game on a silver platter.

    Gardner Minchew's gonna shred you like an Enron document.

    1,484.


    13 of 15


    I'm a Cougar fan who hates the Ducks. I like it when the Huskies beat the Ducks, but I have no emotional investment in the Huskies.

    And 1,484 is the number of days since the last time Oregon beat WSU.



    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

    The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

    189-152-1
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4323
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:53 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Just ducks doing what ducks do.


    Ducks didn't win shit. Damn Huskies handed them the game on a silver platter.

    Gardner Minchew's gonna shred you like an Enron document.

    1,484.


    13 of 15


    I'm a Cougar fan who hates the Ducks. I like it when the Huskies beat the Ducks, but I have no emotional investment in the Huskies.

    And 1,484 is the number of days since the last time Oregon beat WSU.






    I've got no emotion about WSU. No hate at all honestly, just another game. But you all should be thanking UO. We just delivered game day to the middle of no where for WSU.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3341
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:59 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Ducks didn't win shit. Damn Huskies handed them the game on a silver platter.

    Gardner Minchew's gonna shred you like an Enron document.

    1,484.


    13 of 15


    I'm a Cougar fan who hates the Ducks. I like it when the Huskies beat the Ducks, but I have no emotional investment in the Huskies.

    And 1,484 is the number of days since the last time Oregon beat WSU.






    I've got no emotion about WSU. No hate at all honestly, just another game. But you all should be thanking UO. We just delivered game day to the middle of no where for WSU.


    You haven't been around for my back-and-forth with JSea for the last 3 years, have you? I don't really care what you think.

    1,484.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

    The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

    189-152-1
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4323
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:18 pm
  • Maybe someday the cougs can beat UW.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3341
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:27 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:
    13 of 15


    I'm a Cougar fan who hates the Ducks. I like it when the Huskies beat the Ducks, but I have no emotional investment in the Huskies.

    And 1,484 is the number of days since the last time Oregon beat WSU.






    I've got no emotion about WSU. No hate at all honestly, just another game. But you all should be thanking UO. We just delivered game day to the middle of no where for WSU.


    You haven't been around for my back-and-forth with JSea for the last 3 years, have you? I don't really care what you think.

    1,484.

    Awesome! LOL. If I ever run into you in person Maul, first drink is on me!
    You are my favorite WSU fan!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23818
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:31 pm
  • My favorite Gif is the same picture but instead of dying from dysentery, you died from pumping gas. 8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23818
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:31 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:

    I've got no emotion about WSU. No hate at all honestly, just another game.


    This.
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2013
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:48 pm
  • cesame wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:

    I've got no emotion about WSU. No hate at all honestly, just another game.


    This.


    Okay. We're still going to kick your arrogant ass.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

    The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

    189-152-1
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4323
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:29 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Just ducks doing what ducks do.


    Showing up after a win, hiding during the run-up and after the next loss?
    User avatar
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc
     
    Posts: 6451
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:29 pm
    Location: Orting WA, Great Northwet


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:59 pm
  • I can't be too disappointed. We got a competitive, back & forth game for 4+ quarters between two pretty good teams. That's something this rivalry hasn't seen in a couple decades.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10225
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:06 pm
  • Lets talk recruiting. Oregon recruits talent and goons over OKGs. Petersen goes after OKGs before talent and goons. Petersen needs to change his philosophy in recruiting. We don’t need any more Ben Burr Kirven type players. We need intimidators. Idc if the kid has character issues. Coaches can fix that especially with kids. They just need a role model or some adult to steer them in the right direction. This isn’t Boise St or the Mountain West anymore and Petersen needs to recruit like what any top program would do. Talent over character. We don’t need anymore choir boys, we need a freakin pass rusher who puts fear into the QB. No more soft ass players who are OKGs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    User avatar
    dopeboy206
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1024
    Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 9:47 am


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:46 am
  • dopeboy206 wrote:Lets talk recruiting. Oregon recruits talent and goons over OKGs. Petersen goes after OKGs before talent and goons. Petersen needs to change his philosophy in recruiting. We don’t need any more Ben Burr Kirven type players. We need intimidators. Idc if the kid has character issues. Coaches can fix that especially with kids. They just need a role model or some adult to steer them in the right direction. This isn’t Boise St or the Mountain West anymore and Petersen needs to recruit like what any top program would do. Talent over character. We don’t need anymore choir boys, we need a freakin pass rusher who puts fear into the QB. No more soft ass players who are OKGs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



    I disagree with your whole premise on building a team. As a Husky fan I would enjoy the time Peterson is the coach here and what he has accomplished. He will probably be the best coach UW has in your lifetime.
    justafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1087
    Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:37 am


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:13 am
  • Maulbert, no duck fan here has talked crap to you or said anything negative about WSU. Yet you act like we have. The only arrogant one here, is you. And it's funny that your so offended by what we said about UW, it's like you're the little sister. Which is exactly how UW fans view WSU and it's fans.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3341
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:14 am
  • CPHawk wrote:Maulbert, no duck fan here has talked crap to you or said anything negative about WSU. Yet you act like we have. The only arrogant one here, is you. And it's funny that your so offended by what we said about UW, it's like you're the little sister. Which is exactly how UW fans view WSU and it's fans.


    Both sets of fans seem desperate for some validation..
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13713
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:56 am
  • justafan wrote:
    dopeboy206 wrote:Lets talk recruiting. Oregon recruits talent and goons over OKGs. Petersen goes after OKGs before talent and goons. Petersen needs to change his philosophy in recruiting. We don’t need any more Ben Burr Kirven type players. We need intimidators. Idc if the kid has character issues. Coaches can fix that especially with kids. They just need a role model or some adult to steer them in the right direction. This isn’t Boise St or the Mountain West anymore and Petersen needs to recruit like what any top program would do. Talent over character. We don’t need anymore choir boys, we need a freakin pass rusher who puts fear into the QB. No more soft ass players who are OKGs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



    I disagree with your whole premise on building a team. As a Husky fan I would enjoy the time Peterson is the coach here and what he has accomplished. He will probably be the best coach UW has in your lifetime.

    So you’re okay with landing undersize LBs and slow guys who can’t rush the QB? Do you seriously think Ben Burr Kirven will start on any of the teams in the top 10? Lol. I don’t care if he leads the team in tackles or had 19 tackles yesterday. A lot of that was him getting trucked and I blame our LBs yesterday. Oregon attacked his ass and that’s why he had 19 tackles. 0 of them were for losses lol. Recruiting is everything in football and we can’t continue to recruit these type of players if we want to compete with the big boys.

    We need goons. Not choir boys on defense. I like the fact that BBK is a try hard undersize LB but he won’t start on any national championship team. Petersen needs to start going after bullies when it comes to recruiting. If we miss out on Savell Smalls a local 5 star kid I would be really upset.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    User avatar
    dopeboy206
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1024
    Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 9:47 am


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:27 am
  • dopeboy206 wrote:
    justafan wrote:
    dopeboy206 wrote:Lets talk recruiting. Oregon recruits talent and goons over OKGs. Petersen goes after OKGs before talent and goons. Petersen needs to change his philosophy in recruiting. We don’t need any more Ben Burr Kirven type players. We need intimidators. Idc if the kid has character issues. Coaches can fix that especially with kids. They just need a role model or some adult to steer them in the right direction. This isn’t Boise St or the Mountain West anymore and Petersen needs to recruit like what any top program would do. Talent over character. We don’t need anymore choir boys, we need a freakin pass rusher who puts fear into the QB. No more soft ass players who are OKGs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



    I disagree with your whole premise on building a team. As a Husky fan I would enjoy the time Peterson is the coach here and what he has accomplished. He will probably be the best coach UW has in your lifetime.

    So you’re okay with landing undersize LBs and slow guys who can’t rush the QB? Do you seriously think Ben Burr Kirven will start on any of the teams in the top 10? Lol. I don’t care if he leads the team in tackles or had 19 tackles yesterday. A lot of that was him getting trucked and I blame our LBs yesterday. Oregon attacked his ass and that’s why he had 19 tackles. 0 of them were for losses lol. Recruiting is everything in football and we can’t continue to recruit these type of players if we want to compete with the big boys.

    We need goons. Not choir boys on defense. I like the fact that BBK is a try hard undersize LB but he won’t start on any national championship team. Petersen needs to start going after bullies when it comes to recruiting. If we miss out on Savell Smalls a local 5 star kid I would be really upset.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



    I would love to have Alabamas LBs and O and D lineman, but we dont live in the talent rich south.We have our hands full getting our share of west coast talent and keeping up with oregons recruiting...who didnt beat us with low character players or goons.

    Im gratefull for having a great coach who wants to win with his values.I was ok with it during the James era before all the trouble and I am now.I love the direction he has this program going.
    justafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1087
    Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:37 am


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:18 pm
  • 'values and the james era'... some people have a different opinion. when james went recruiting for team speed, he might have picked up a couple or three 'thuggish' players. i really don't know, and have just heard things, which may or may not have been true... ymmv
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1385
    Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 10:34 pm


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:29 pm
  • dopeboy206 wrote:Lets talk recruiting. Oregon recruits talent and goons over OKGs. Petersen goes after OKGs before talent and goons. Petersen needs to change his philosophy in recruiting. We don’t need any more Ben Burr Kirven type players. We need intimidators. Idc if the kid has character issues. Coaches can fix that especially with kids. They just need a role model or some adult to steer them in the right direction. This isn’t Boise St or the Mountain West anymore and Petersen needs to recruit like what any top program would do. Talent over character. We don’t need anymore choir boys, we need a freakin pass rusher who puts fear into the QB. No more soft ass players who are OKGs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Just curious, which of Oregon’s players are goons? They all seem like pretty good dudes off the field. Bottom line is that the Ducks staff outworks UW's staff on the recruiting trail, there's no doubt about it. They're probably the hardest recruiting staff in the country right now. (Definitely was not that way under Helfrich and Kelly)
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23921
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:45 am
  • mrblitz wrote:'values and the james era'... some people have a different opinion. when james went recruiting for team speed, he might have picked up a couple or three 'thuggish' players. i really don't know, and have just heard things, which may or may not have been true... ymmv



    I agree.The things that happened tarnished his reputation.The championship doesnt mean as much after seeing how a great coach ended his career.
    justafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1087
    Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:37 am


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:47 am
  • dopeboy206 wrote:Lets talk recruiting. Oregon recruits talent and goons over OKGs. Petersen goes after OKGs before talent and goons. Petersen needs to change his philosophy in recruiting. We don’t need any more Ben Burr Kirven type players. We need intimidators. Idc if the kid has character issues. Coaches can fix that especially with kids. They just need a role model or some adult to steer them in the right direction. This isn’t Boise St or the Mountain West anymore and Petersen needs to recruit like what any top program would do. Talent over character. We don’t need anymore choir boys, we need a freakin pass rusher who puts fear into the QB. No more soft ass players who are OKGs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



    This is a really weird take on recruiting. Peterson built a football power in Boise doing the OKG system. In college football you can win with a less talented team. Bama wins and LSU doesn't because Bama has the coaching to go along with the roster. The last thing you could ever call a Person coached team is soft. They play solid big boy ground and pound, football.

    This really seems like you are complaining about Tim Ruskell and the 2008 Seahawks.
    User avatar
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2113
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 am


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:58 am
  • My first take on the game here, had the boys over this weekend and we have a rule about no internet when we're together now that their mom and I aren't together anymore.

    1. It was an exciting game but I don't think it was a really good game, both teams looked pretty sloppy at times.

    2. When our coach stupidly ran the clock down to kick a field goal at the end of the game I said out-loud that we were going to lose the game because of that. We still had plenty of time to get a TD or at least to get it closer for a VERY suspect freshman kicker. I like that we have CP and I want a clean program BUT he sometimes leaves much to be desired on his game-day and clock-management coaching. That's two games we should have won this year that were derailed by poor coaching decisions.

    3. The ducks got lucky, it was more a case of UDub losing than them winning, the Huskies are the better team.

    4. As I suspected Herbert isn't all of that, when faced with a good D he looks very average. he may end up being a great NFL QB some day but he's going to need a lot of seasoning.

    5. The worst thing about this loss is it opens up the door to Oregon returning to prominence and that is BAD for college football. Why? This is much more than just a bitter Husky fan venting after a bad loss, it's someone who comes from a family with a long history in college football who really believes in collegiate athletics.

    6. Ever since Phil Knight entered the picture Oregon has been a sleazeball program, everything they have accomplished is built upon being a billionaire's favorite toy. He built facilities that no other school could match and in an effort to keep- up with those type of facilities other schools have spent money that could have been better spent on other sports that don't have the same resources.

    7. The Oregon football program has the benefit of a multi-billion dollar worldwide conglomerate's marketing department. If they are allowed to have the benefit of constant redesigns of the latest uniform/apparel fashions then they should be required to do the same for every other school that they furnish uniforms for. These recruits/kids are very impressionable to fashion and it gives them an unfair advantage.

    8. Oregon engages in sleazeball recruiting of other Pac-12 team's coaches. When Colorado's defensive coordinator had the #! D in the league they stole him with Sweatshop Phil's money. When they couldn't beat the Cougs they stole two of their coaches. There should be a conference rule that you can't lure another conference team's coaches because it has a tw0-pronged effect of making one school better while weakening your opponent. That's simply not fair when it is propagated on $$$ alone.

    9. Oregon engages in sleazeball recruiting, they couldn't care less about a player's integrity as long as they have the right amount of stars. They offer everyone in the country and are perfectly willing to pull scholarships and offers. In the past they used a recruiting service to illegally influence kids to sign, something they got a slap on the wrist for, credit Uncle Phil's money for that. There is a reason they are called Whoregon.

    10. Go Cougs! I hope they get their "Game Day" finally and beat the crap out of the d*cks.
    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

    - Darius Rucker
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 795
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:07 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:Maulbert, no duck fan here has talked crap to you or said anything negative about WSU. Yet you act like we have. The only arrogant one here, is you. And it's funny that your so offended by what we said about UW, it's like you're the little sister. Which is exactly how UW fans view WSU and it's fans.


    That's simply not true, I have always felt that WSU fans dislikes UW more than we dislike them, that's just natural. My family has ALWAYS rooted for the Cougs when they aren't playing us. My father, grandfather, me, and my sons ALL have friends and teammates that are/were Cougs. One was at the house Saturday watching the game with us.

    Outside of the haters that all teams have, UW fans regard the Cougs for their realities, i.e., a smaller isolated school that simply doesn't have the resources to attract many big-name recruits. That's it.

    Apparently you haven't been around Seattle lately, the town is filled with WSU alumni and while there may be a certain amount of ribbing it is 99% good-natured.
    Last edited by DomeHawk on Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

    - Darius Rucker
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 795
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:23 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:My first take on the game here, had the boys over this weekend and we have a rule about no internet when we're together now that their mom and I aren't together anymore.

    1. It was an exciting game but I don't think it was a really good game, both teams looked pretty sloppy at times.

    2. When our coach stupidly ran the clock down to kick a field goal at the end of the game I said out-loud that we were going to lose the game because of that. We still had plenty of time to get a TD or at least to get it closer for a VERY suspect freshman kicker. I like that we have CP and I want a clean program BUT he sometimes leaves much to be desired on his game-day and clock-management coaching. That's two games we should have won this year that were derailed by poor coaching decisions.

    3. The ducks got lucky, it was more a case of UDub losing than them winning, the Huskies are the better team.

    4. As I suspected Herbert isn't all of that, when faced with a good D he looks very average. he may end up being a great NFL QB some day but he's going to need a lot of seasoning.

    5. The worst thing about this loss is it opens up the door to Oregon returning to prominence and that is BAD for college football. Why? This is much more than just a bitter Husky fan venting after a bad loss, it's someone who comes from a family with a long history in college football who really believes in collegiate athletics.

    6. Ever since Phil Knight entered the picture Oregon has been a sleazeball program, everything they have accomplished is built upon being a billionaire's favorite toy. He built facilities that no other school could match and in an effort to keep- up with those type of facilities other schools have spent money that could have been better spent on other sports that don't have the same resources.

    7. The Oregon football program has the benefit of a multi-billion dollar worldwide conglomerate's marketing department. If they are allowed to have the benefit of constant redesigns of the latest uniform/apparel fashions then they should be required to do the same for every other school that they furnish uniforms for. These recruits/kids are very impressionable to fashion and it gives them an unfair advantage.

    8. Oregon engages in sleazeball recruiting of other Pac-12 team's coaches. When Colorado's defensive coordinator had the #! D in the league they stole him with Sweatshop Phil's money. When they couldn't beat the Cougs they stole two of their coaches. There should be a conference rule that you can't lure another conference team's coaches because it has a tw0-pronged effect of making one school better while weakening your opponent. That's simply not fair when it is propagated on $$$ alone.

    9. Oregon engages in sleazeball recruiting, they couldn't care less about a player's integrity as long as they have the right amount of stars. They offer everyone in the country and are perfectly willing to pull scholarships and offers. In the past they used a recruiting service to illegally influence kids to sign, something they got a slap on the wrist for, credit Uncle Phil's money for that. There is a reason they are called Whoregon.

    10. Go Cougs! I hope they get their "Game Day" finally and beat the crap out of the d*cks.



    99% of what you just typed is complete bullshit.

    Leavitt and Mac didn't get along, he was leaving CU regardless.

    The better team doesn't let the other team convert 100% on 3rd down and 5 or less.

    When UW fans get 90% of their recruting info from lil Kim, fetters and Ruth, you get BS info. Nothing you said about UO recruting is true.

    UO has 3 SRs starting, next year will be 14 of the last 16.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3341
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:24 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:My first take on the game here, had the boys over this weekend and we have a rule about no internet when we're together now that their mom and I aren't together anymore.

    1. It was an exciting game but I don't think it was a really good game, both teams looked pretty sloppy at times.

    2. When our coach stupidly ran the clock down to kick a field goal at the end of the game I said out-loud that we were going to lose the game because of that. We still had plenty of time to get a TD or at least to get it closer for a VERY suspect freshman kicker. I like that we have CP and I want a clean program BUT he sometimes leaves much to be desired on his game-day and clock-management coaching. That's two games we should have won this year that were derailed by poor coaching decisions.

    3. The ducks got lucky, it was more a case of UDub losing than them winning, the Huskies are the better team.

    4. As I suspected Herbert isn't all of that, when faced with a good D he looks very average. he may end up being a great NFL QB some day but he's going to need a lot of seasoning.

    5. The worst thing about this loss is it opens up the door to Oregon returning to prominence and that is BAD for college football. Why? This is much more than just a bitter Husky fan venting after a bad loss, it's someone who comes from a family with a long history in college football who really believes in collegiate athletics.

    6. Ever since Phil Knight entered the picture Oregon has been a sleazeball program, everything they have accomplished is built upon being a billionaire's favorite toy. He built facilities that no other school could match and in an effort to keep- up with those type of facilities other schools have spent money that could have been better spent on other sports that don't have the same resources.

    7. The Oregon football program has the benefit of a multi-billion dollar worldwide conglomerate's marketing department. If they are allowed to have the benefit of constant redesigns of the latest uniform/apparel fashions then they should be required to do the same for every other school that they furnish uniforms for. These recruits/kids are very impressionable to fashion and it gives them an unfair advantage.

    8. Oregon engages in sleazeball recruiting of other Pac-12 team's coaches. When Colorado's defensive coordinator had the #! D in the league they stole him with Sweatshop Phil's money. When they couldn't beat the Cougs they stole two of their coaches. There should be a conference rule that you can't lure another conference team's coaches because it has a tw0-pronged effect of making one school better while weakening your opponent. That's simply not fair when it is propagated on $$$ alone.

    9. Oregon engages in sleazeball recruiting, they couldn't care less about a player's integrity as long as they have the right amount of stars. They offer everyone in the country and are perfectly willing to pull scholarships and offers. In the past they used a recruiting service to illegally influence kids to sign, something they got a slap on the wrist for, credit Uncle Phil's money for that. There is a reason they are called Whoregon.

    10. Go Cougs! I hope they get their "Game Day" finally and beat the crap out of the d*cks.



    99% of what you just typed is complete bullshit.

    Leavitt and Mac didn't get along, he was leaving CU regardless.

    The better team doesn't let the other team convert 100% on 3rd down and 5 or less.

    When UW fans get 90% of their recruting info from lil Kim, fetters and Ruth, you get BS info. Nothing you said about UO recruting is true.

    UO has 3 SRs starting, next year will be 14 of the last 16.


    100% of what I said is true. I have strong connections to the Pac-12 and people all over the conference say the exact same thing. WSU running backs coach Jim Mastro, defensive line coach Joe Salave’a, and receivers coach David Yost, ALL left for more money at Oregon. Read the article: "ultimately it was difficult for him to walk away from Oregon head coach Mario Cristobal’s offer of a three-year contract at $375,000 per year" https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/wsu ... or-oregon/
    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

    - Darius Rucker
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 795
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:53 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:My first take on the game here, had the boys over this weekend and we have a rule about no internet when we're together now that their mom and I aren't together anymore.

    1. It was an exciting game but I don't think it was a really good game, both teams looked pretty sloppy at times.

    2. When our coach stupidly ran the clock down to kick a field goal at the end of the game I said out-loud that we were going to lose the game because of that. We still had plenty of time to get a TD or at least to get it closer for a VERY suspect freshman kicker. I like that we have CP and I want a clean program BUT he sometimes leaves much to be desired on his game-day and clock-management coaching. That's two games we should have won this year that were derailed by poor coaching decisions.

    3. The ducks got lucky, it was more a case of UDub losing than them winning, the Huskies are the better team.

    4. As I suspected Herbert isn't all of that, when faced with a good D he looks very average. he may end up being a great NFL QB some day but he's going to need a lot of seasoning.

    5. The worst thing about this loss is it opens up the door to Oregon returning to prominence and that is BAD for college football. Why? This is much more than just a bitter Husky fan venting after a bad loss, it's someone who comes from a family with a long history in college football who really believes in collegiate athletics.

    6. Ever since Phil Knight entered the picture Oregon has been a sleazeball program, everything they have accomplished is built upon being a billionaire's favorite toy. He built facilities that no other school could match and in an effort to keep- up with those type of facilities other schools have spent money that could have been better spent on other sports that don't have the same resources.

    7. The Oregon football program has the benefit of a multi-billion dollar worldwide conglomerate's marketing department. If they are allowed to have the benefit of constant redesigns of the latest uniform/apparel fashions then they should be required to do the same for every other school that they furnish uniforms for. These recruits/kids are very impressionable to fashion and it gives them an unfair advantage.

    8. Oregon engages in sleazeball recruiting of other Pac-12 team's coaches. When Colorado's defensive coordinator had the #! D in the league they stole him with Sweatshop Phil's money. When they couldn't beat the Cougs they stole two of their coaches. There should be a conference rule that you can't lure another conference team's coaches because it has a tw0-pronged effect of making one school better while weakening your opponent. That's simply not fair when it is propagated on $$$ alone.

    9. Oregon engages in sleazeball recruiting, they couldn't care less about a player's integrity as long as they have the right amount of stars. They offer everyone in the country and are perfectly willing to pull scholarships and offers. In the past they used a recruiting service to illegally influence kids to sign, something they got a slap on the wrist for, credit Uncle Phil's money for that. There is a reason they are called Whoregon.

    10. Go Cougs! I hope they get their "Game Day" finally and beat the crap out of the d*cks.



    99% of what you just typed is complete bullshit.

    Leavitt and Mac didn't get along, he was leaving CU regardless.

    The better team doesn't let the other team convert 100% on 3rd down and 5 or less.

    When UW fans get 90% of their recruting info from lil Kim, fetters and Ruth, you get BS info. Nothing you said about UO recruting is true.

    UO has 3 SRs starting, next year will be 14 of the last 16.


    Oh, and BTW, BS? "Jim Leavitt never anticipated he would leave the Colorado football team for another job as a defensive coordinator. He also never anticipated getting the type of offer he got from Oregon." It was 1.2 million dollars a year for four years, almost triple what he made in Colorado. He was bought and paid for by Sweatshop Phil.

    http://www.buffzone.com/football-cubuff ... -out-there
    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

    - Darius Rucker
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 795
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:38 pm
  • Domehawk's crybaby meltdown was sure a joy to read.

    If you're going to cry that much in one post then maybe you should have just stuck to the no internet thing a little longer lmao

    Take your L like a man and quit crying
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2013
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:56 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:My first take on the game here, had the boys over this weekend and we have a rule about no internet when we're together now that their mom and I aren't together anymore.

    1. It was an exciting game but I don't think it was a really good game, both teams looked pretty sloppy at times.

    2. When our coach stupidly ran the clock down to kick a field goal at the end of the game I said out-loud that we were going to lose the game because of that. We still had plenty of time to get a TD or at least to get it closer for a VERY suspect freshman kicker. I like that we have CP and I want a clean program BUT he sometimes leaves much to be desired on his game-day and clock-management coaching. That's two games we should have won this year that were derailed by poor coaching decisions.

    3. The ducks got lucky, it was more a case of UDub losing than them winning, the Huskies are the better team.

    4. As I suspected Herbert isn't all of that, when faced with a good D he looks very average. he may end up being a great NFL QB some day but he's going to need a lot of seasoning.

    5. The worst thing about this loss is it opens up the door to Oregon returning to prominence and that is BAD for college football. Why? This is much more than just a bitter Husky fan venting after a bad loss, it's someone who comes from a family with a long history in college football who really believes in collegiate athletics.

    6. Ever since Phil Knight entered the picture Oregon has been a sleazeball program, everything they have accomplished is built upon being a billionaire's favorite toy. He built facilities that no other school could match and in an effort to keep- up with those type of facilities other schools have spent money that could have been better spent on other sports that don't have the same resources.

    7. The Oregon football program has the benefit of a multi-billion dollar worldwide conglomerate's marketing department. If they are allowed to have the benefit of constant redesigns of the latest uniform/apparel fashions then they should be required to do the same for every other school that they furnish uniforms for. These recruits/kids are very impressionable to fashion and it gives them an unfair advantage.

    8. Oregon engages in sleazeball recruiting of other Pac-12 team's coaches. When Colorado's defensive coordinator had the #! D in the league they stole him with Sweatshop Phil's money. When they couldn't beat the Cougs they stole two of their coaches. There should be a conference rule that you can't lure another conference team's coaches because it has a tw0-pronged effect of making one school better while weakening your opponent. That's simply not fair when it is propagated on $$$ alone.

    9. Oregon engages in sleazeball recruiting, they couldn't care less about a player's integrity as long as they have the right amount of stars. They offer everyone in the country and are perfectly willing to pull scholarships and offers. In the past they used a recruiting service to illegally influence kids to sign, something they got a slap on the wrist for, credit Uncle Phil's money for that. There is a reason they are called Whoregon.

    10. Go Cougs! I hope they get their "Game Day" finally and beat the crap out of the d*cks.



    99% of what you just typed is complete bullshit.

    Leavitt and Mac didn't get along, he was leaving CU regardless.

    The better team doesn't let the other team convert 100% on 3rd down and 5 or less.

    When UW fans get 90% of their recruting info from lil Kim, fetters and Ruth, you get BS info. Nothing you said about UO recruting is true.

    UO has 3 SRs starting, next year will be 14 of the last 16.


    Oh, and BTW, BS? "Jim Leavitt never anticipated he would leave the Colorado football team for another job as a defensive coordinator. He also never anticipated getting the type of offer he got from Oregon." It was 1.2 million dollars a year for four years, almost triple what he made in Colorado. He was bought and paid for by Sweatshop Phil.

    http://www.buffzone.com/football-cubuff ... -out-there


    Well if buffzone says it, it must be true. And if Dome hero Ruth says the ducks cheat and are scum, it must be true.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3341
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:28 pm
  • Ok, this has just gotten silly. I want to know who is a grad of UW, UO, WSU and who is just a fan of the football team.

    I am a UW grad and former student season ticket holder.
    User avatar
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2113
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 am


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:53 am
  • Let's redirect conversations to the recruiting thread or the game threads for the all the team's next game.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13713
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:17 am
  • What is an OKG?
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105420
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:44 am
  • HawkGA wrote:What is an OKG?


    As Petersen has piled up a 96-13 record as a head coach, he has developed a simple formula: Talent + Character = Our Kind of Guy (O.K.G.). Every recruit the Huskies bring into their program is expected to be great on the field, in the classroom and around the community.

    https://gohuskies.com/sports/2014/10/8/209703741.aspx
    Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5099
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: Washington @ Oregon Gamethread
Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:42 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:What is an OKG?


    As Petersen has piled up a 96-13 record as a head coach, he has developed a simple formula: Talent + Character = Our Kind of Guy (O.K.G.). Every recruit the Huskies bring into their program is expected to be great on the field, in the classroom and around the community.

    https://gohuskies.com/sports/2014/10/8/209703741.aspx


    I think that is what many of who are closely connected to the program have always wanted, a clean program. Does that put us at a disadvantage? Probably, but it's still worth it. Should we drop those standards to even the playing field? Absolutely not, it is what collegiate athletics were always supposed to be.

    It is also what we hope the NCAA will promote but they exhibit weakness at every opportunity to do so. The NCAA was always supposed to be a governing body that had a mandate to prevent schools from having a unfair financial advantage but when the rich and powerful enter the picture the definition of what that is seems to change to fit the agenda.

    People here claimed I had some sort of meltdown with last week's loss, the only "meltdown" I had was against our own coaches. The things I say about that team are what myself and many others have been saying for many years. That fact is that we only say it about one program, and it has nothing to do with losing, we lose to lots of Pac-12 teams and we don't say that about them.
    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

    - Darius Rucker
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 795
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Previous


It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:57 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests