Washington @ Oregon Gamethread

justafan

Reaction score
mrblitz":191m1yeu said:
'values and the james era'... some people have a different opinion. when james went recruiting for team speed, he might have picked up a couple or three 'thuggish' players. i really don't know, and have just heard things, which may or may not have been true... ymmv

I agree.The things that happened tarnished his reputation.The championship doesnt mean as much after seeing how a great coach ended his career.

sdog1981

Reaction score
dopeboy206":2rwxxh5t said:
Lets talk recruiting. Oregon recruits talent and goons over OKGs. Petersen goes after OKGs before talent and goons. Petersen needs to change his philosophy in recruiting. We don’t need any more Ben Burr Kirven type players. We need intimidators. Idc if the kid has character issues. Coaches can fix that especially with kids. They just need a role model or some adult to steer them in the right direction. This isn’t Boise St or the Mountain West anymore and Petersen needs to recruit like what any top program would do. Talent over character. We don’t need anymore choir boys, we need a freakin pass rusher who puts fear into the QB. No more soft ass players who are OKGs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a really weird take on recruiting. Peterson built a football power in Boise doing the OKG system. In college football you can win with a less talented team. Bama wins and LSU doesn't because Bama has the coaching to go along with the roster. The last thing you could ever call a Person coached team is soft. They play solid big boy ground and pound, football.

This really seems like you are complaining about Tim Ruskell and the 2008 Seahawks.

D

DomeHawk

My first take on the game here, had the boys over this weekend and we have a rule about no internet when we're together now that their mom and I aren't together anymore.

1. It was an exciting game but I don't think it was a really good game, both teams looked pretty sloppy at times.

2. When our coach stupidly ran the clock down to kick a field goal at the end of the game I said out-loud that we were going to lose the game because of that. We still had plenty of time to get a TD or at least to get it closer for a VERY suspect freshman kicker. I like that we have CP and I want a clean program BUT he sometimes leaves much to be desired on his game-day and clock-management coaching. That's two games we should have won this year that were derailed by poor coaching decisions.

3. The ducks got lucky, it was more a case of UDub losing than them winning, the Huskies are the better team.

4. As I suspected Herbert isn't all of that, when faced with a good D he looks very average. he may end up being a great NFL QB some day but he's going to need a lot of seasoning.

5. The worst thing about this loss is it opens up the door to Oregon returning to prominence and that is BAD for college football. Why? This is much more than just a bitter Husky fan venting after a bad loss, it's someone who comes from a family with a long history in college football who really believes in collegiate athletics.

6. Ever since Phil Knight entered the picture Oregon has been a sleazeball program, everything they have accomplished is built upon being a billionaire's favorite toy. He built facilities that no other school could match and in an effort to keep- up with those type of facilities other schools have spent money that could have been better spent on other sports that don't have the same resources.

7. The Oregon football program has the benefit of a multi-billion dollar worldwide conglomerate's marketing department. If they are allowed to have the benefit of constant redesigns of the latest uniform/apparel fashions then they should be required to do the same for every other school that they furnish uniforms for. These recruits/kids are very impressionable to fashion and it gives them an unfair advantage.

8. Oregon engages in sleazeball recruiting of other Pac-12 team's coaches. When Colorado's defensive coordinator had the #! D in the league they stole him with Sweatshop Phil's money. When they couldn't beat the Cougs they stole two of their coaches. There should be a conference rule that you can't lure another conference team's coaches because it has a tw0-pronged effect of making one school better while weakening your opponent. That's simply not fair when it is propagated on $$$ alone.

9. Oregon engages in sleazeball recruiting, they couldn't care less about a player's integrity as long as they have the right amount of stars. They offer everyone in the country and are perfectly willing to pull scholarships and offers. In the past they used a recruiting service to illegally influence kids to sign, something they got a slap on the wrist for, credit Uncle Phil's money for that. There is a reason they are called Whoregon.

10. Go Cougs! I hope they get their "Game Day" finally and beat the crap out of the d*cks.

D

DomeHawk

CPHawk":36frcjjx said:
Maulbert, no duck fan here has talked crap to you or said anything negative about WSU. Yet you act like we have. The only arrogant one here, is you. And it's funny that your so offended by what we said about UW, it's like you're the little sister. Which is exactly how UW fans view WSU and it's fans.

That's simply not true, I have always felt that WSU fans dislikes UW more than we dislike them, that's just natural. My family has ALWAYS rooted for the Cougs when they aren't playing us. My father, grandfather, me, and my sons ALL have friends and teammates that are/were Cougs. One was at the house Saturday watching the game with us.

Outside of the haters that all teams have, UW fans regard the Cougs for their realities, i.e., a smaller isolated school that simply doesn't have the resources to attract many big-name recruits. That's it.

Apparently you haven't been around Seattle lately, the town is filled with WSU alumni and while there may be a certain amount of ribbing it is 99% good-natured.

CPHawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3sib4v1m said:
My first take on the game here, had the boys over this weekend and we have a rule about no internet when we're together now that their mom and I aren't together anymore.

1. It was an exciting game but I don't think it was a really good game, both teams looked pretty sloppy at times.

2. When our coach stupidly ran the clock down to kick a field goal at the end of the game I said out-loud that we were going to lose the game because of that. We still had plenty of time to get a TD or at least to get it closer for a VERY suspect freshman kicker. I like that we have CP and I want a clean program BUT he sometimes leaves much to be desired on his game-day and clock-management coaching. That's two games we should have won this year that were derailed by poor coaching decisions.

3. The ducks got lucky, it was more a case of UDub losing than them winning, the Huskies are the better team.

4. As I suspected Herbert isn't all of that, when faced with a good D he looks very average. he may end up being a great NFL QB some day but he's going to need a lot of seasoning.

5. The worst thing about this loss is it opens up the door to Oregon returning to prominence and that is BAD for college football. Why? This is much more than just a bitter Husky fan venting after a bad loss, it's someone who comes from a family with a long history in college football who really believes in collegiate athletics.

6. Ever since Phil Knight entered the picture Oregon has been a sleazeball program, everything they have accomplished is built upon being a billionaire's favorite toy. He built facilities that no other school could match and in an effort to keep- up with those type of facilities other schools have spent money that could have been better spent on other sports that don't have the same resources.

7. The Oregon football program has the benefit of a multi-billion dollar worldwide conglomerate's marketing department. If they are allowed to have the benefit of constant redesigns of the latest uniform/apparel fashions then they should be required to do the same for every other school that they furnish uniforms for. These recruits/kids are very impressionable to fashion and it gives them an unfair advantage.

8. Oregon engages in sleazeball recruiting of other Pac-12 team's coaches. When Colorado's defensive coordinator had the #! D in the league they stole him with Sweatshop Phil's money. When they couldn't beat the Cougs they stole two of their coaches. There should be a conference rule that you can't lure another conference team's coaches because it has a tw0-pronged effect of making one school better while weakening your opponent. That's simply not fair when it is propagated on $$$ alone.

9. Oregon engages in sleazeball recruiting, they couldn't care less about a player's integrity as long as they have the right amount of stars. They offer everyone in the country and are perfectly willing to pull scholarships and offers. In the past they used a recruiting service to illegally influence kids to sign, something they got a slap on the wrist for, credit Uncle Phil's money for that. There is a reason they are called Whoregon.

10. Go Cougs! I hope they get their "Game Day" finally and beat the crap out of the d*cks.

99% of what you just typed is complete bullshit.

Leavitt and Mac didn't get along, he was leaving CU regardless.

The better team doesn't let the other team convert 100% on 3rd down and 5 or less.

When UW fans get 90% of their recruting info from lil Kim, fetters and Ruth, you get BS info. Nothing you said about UO recruting is true.

UO has 3 SRs starting, next year will be 14 of the last 16.

D

DomeHawk

CPHawk":267dgteh said:
DomeHawk":267dgteh said:

The better team doesn't let the other team convert 100% on 3rd down and 5 or less.

When UW fans get 90% of their recruting info from lil Kim, fetters and Ruth, you get BS info. Nothing you said about UO recruting is true.

100% of what I said is true. I have strong connections to the Pac-12 and people all over the conference say the exact same thing. WSU running backs coach Jim Mastro, defensive line coach Joe Salave’a, and receivers coach David Yost, ALL left for more money at Oregon. Read the article: "ultimately it was difficult for him to walk away from Oregon head coach Mario Cristobal’s offer of a three-year contract at $375,000 per year" https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/wsu ... or-oregon/

D

DomeHawk

CPHawk":1f8x8h75 said:
DomeHawk":1f8x8h75 said:

Oh, and BTW, BS? "Jim Leavitt never anticipated he would leave the Colorado football team for another job as a defensive coordinator. He also never anticipated getting the type of offer he got from Oregon." It was 1.2 million dollars a year for four years, almost triple what he made in Colorado. He was bought and paid for by Sweatshop Phil.

http://www.buffzone.com/football-cubuff ... -out-there

cesame

Reaction score
Domehawk's crybaby meltdown was sure a joy to read.

If you're going to cry that much in one post then maybe you should have just stuck to the no internet thing a little longer lmao

Take your L like a man and quit crying

CPHawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1y6aom5m said:
CPHawk":1y6aom5m said:
DomeHawk":1y6aom5m said:

Oh, and BTW, BS? "Jim Leavitt never anticipated he would leave the Colorado football team for another job as a defensive coordinator. He also never anticipated getting the type of offer he got from Oregon." It was 1.2 million dollars a year for four years, almost triple what he made in Colorado. He was bought and paid for by Sweatshop Phil.

http://www.buffzone.com/football-cubuff ... -out-there

Well if buffzone says it, it must be true. And if Dome hero Ruth says the ducks cheat and are scum, it must be true.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Ok, this has just gotten silly. I want to know who is a grad of UW, UO, WSU and who is just a fan of the football team.

I am a UW grad and former student season ticket holder.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Let's redirect conversations to the recruiting thread or the game threads for the all the team's next game.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
HawkGA":1swk7ppa said:
What is an OKG?

As Petersen has piled up a 96-13 record as a head coach, he has developed a simple formula: Talent + Character = Our Kind of Guy (O.K.G.). Every recruit the Huskies bring into their program is expected to be great on the field, in the classroom and around the community.

https://gohuskies.com/sports/2014/10/8/209703741.aspx

D

DomeHawk

KitsapGuy":1cq53k0f said:
HawkGA":1cq53k0f said:
What is an OKG?

As Petersen has piled up a 96-13 record as a head coach, he has developed a simple formula: Talent + Character = Our Kind of Guy (O.K.G.). Every recruit the Huskies bring into their program is expected to be great on the field, in the classroom and around the community.

https://gohuskies.com/sports/2014/10/8/209703741.aspx

I think that is what many of who are closely connected to the program have always wanted, a clean program. Does that put us at a disadvantage? Probably, but it's still worth it. Should we drop those standards to even the playing field? Absolutely not, it is what collegiate athletics were always supposed to be.

It is also what we hope the NCAA will promote but they exhibit weakness at every opportunity to do so. The NCAA was always supposed to be a governing body that had a mandate to prevent schools from having a unfair financial advantage but when the rich and powerful enter the picture the definition of what that is seems to change to fit the agenda.

People here claimed I had some sort of meltdown with last week's loss, the only "meltdown" I had was against our own coaches. The things I say about that team are what myself and many others have been saying for many years. That fact is that we only say it about one program, and it has nothing to do with losing, we lose to lots of Pac-12 teams and we don't say that about them.

Latest posts