CFP Predictions

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Maybe its just me but I'd rather a Rose Bowl berth than play offs this year. I don't think the Huskies are good enough to beat an Alabama or Clemson yet, especially in the trenches. There's something special about the Rose Bowl as well.

Maybe in a couple of years if the recruiting classes keep being solid and the next QB's pan out.

D

DomeHawk

Glasgow Seahawk":2l038jsy said:
Maybe its just me but I'd rather a Rose Bowl berth than play offs this year. I don't think the Huskies are good enough to beat an Alabama or Clemson yet, especially in the trenches. There's something special about the Rose Bowl as well.

Maybe in a couple of years if the recruiting classes keep being solid and the next QB's pan out.

No prob with the Rose Bowl and you make a good point although I think we deserve to be in if we run the table. This has turned out to be a pretty tough schedule. By the end of the season we will definitely have one of the top SOS.

As for recruiting classes you are spot-on, statistically you have to have top classes to compete for the NC. In the last several years we have had only one top-15 class, that probably won't cut it. Here's how NC teams recruited in the last 10 years: https://fansided.com/2018/01/23/college ... g-ranking/

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Looks like my Michigan prediction might come to fruition.
Hoping for another stumble by Oklahoma and Texas, and then Michigan and Ohio State and if Wazzu wins out, they end up in the playoffs!

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Texas is going down. I kind of figured Oklahoma would beat them in the Big-12 championship game anyway, but still hurts the conference to have them fall.

Assuming Bama (and if not Bama, probably whoever wins the SEC), Clemson (who was on fire today), and Notre Dame hold serve, it will be interesting to see how the committee handles the 4th spot. My guess is Big10 holds the edge ever so slightly over the Big12, but it's close. Still pulling for Wazzu to enter the mix.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
The Cougs are the only Pac team with a "mathematical" chance. I hope every team except Bama ends up with 2 or more losses so everyone that runs the dog and pony show's heads explode

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
New rankings come out tonight. I'm guessing:
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Michigan

I think the only interesting question for these rankings is if Michigan ever leaps over Notre Dame. I don't think it will happen given the head-to-head and the fact Notre Dame is undefeated, but I suspect Michigan is better right now than Notre Dame.

The other interesting question will be how far Wazzu moves up. My guess is not far, but it will be interesting to see if LSU stays ahead of them or not. I think Wazzu should at least be in a position that if the right teams lose (as could be expected to lose) that they would be in position for the top 4. That would mean I expect Georgia to be in front of them (with the assumption Georgia will lost to Bama and eventually put them below Wazzu). I would think Oklahoma will be in front of them as Oklahoma winning out probably puts them in the playoffs before Wazzu winning out.

I think that leaves West Virginia, Ohio State, and LSU as the interesting choices. I could see any ordering of those teams being reasonable. I think LSU is probably the best team of the 4 but I think they should be ranked last of those four. 2 losses, should be out of playoff consideration. Time to make room. Ohio State is on a slide and oh how I wish they would slide enough to lose another game and then bounce back and beat Michigan. I suspect that's wishful thinking though. If I'm not mistaken, it's looking like a West Virginia-Oklahoma Big-12 title game and yet those teams still have to play each other. Perhaps they'll split and put each other out of contention.