The 2019 Recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":cyvs4v8w said:
Except your using basketball recruiting articles in a football recruiting thread. Which is an entirely different subject.

Are you saying the University of Oregon only pays basketball players?

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Seems to be rumors on husky boards that someone relatively big will be transferring from UW next year.

I imagine one of the QB's?

D

DomeHawk

Glasgow Seahawk":3rwybd69 said:
Seems to be rumors on husky boards that someone relatively big will be transferring from UW next year.

I imagine one of the QB's?

Link?

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Was on the husky nation group on Facebook. They closed commenting on the thread but seemed to be people in the know hinting at it

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Dawgs would never release the kid to play for the Ducks. If he were bound and determined to be a Duck he'd have to burn a year at JC then transfer.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Was chico mcclatcher

Personal issues cited.
Meh, felt like he dropped, fumbled a lot when playing. Looked promising in his rookie year then got hurt.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2hxpnb0o said:
Ducks have been trying to lure Yankoff ever since he decommitted from them. Another source of possible sanctions.

The reasoning around Husky circles is that he should wait until 2020 because it is somewhat of a given that Jacob Eason will get the nod next year and be one-and-done to the NFL. The thinking is that if he doesn't win the starting job over Jacob Sirmon the next year he will transfer. Sirmon won't transfer if he loses the starting job. This is all speculation though and can be largely attributed to wishful thinking on J's part.

Eason could easily be the next Jake heaps though. Has all the measurements, rocket arm etc but a lot will depend on how he plays. Yankoff and Haener will give him some tough competition.

D

DomeHawk

Glasgow Seahawk":3pqnrca5 said:
Was chico mcclatcher

Personal issues cited.
Meh, felt like he dropped, fumbled a lot when playing. Looked promising in his rookie year then got hurt.

He's definitely had some problems getting back on the field this year.

D

DomeHawk

Glasgow Seahawk":1lftvz17 said:
DomeHawk":1lftvz17 said:
Ducks have been trying to lure Yankoff ever since he decommitted from them. Another source of possible sanctions.

The reasoning around Husky circles is that he should wait until 2020 because it is somewhat of a given that Jacob Eason will get the nod next year and be one-and-done to the NFL. The thinking is that if he doesn't win the starting job over Jacob Sirmon the next year he will transfer. Sirmon won't transfer if he loses the starting job. This is all speculation though and can be largely attributed to wishful thinking on J's part.

Eason could easily be the next Jake heaps though. Has all the measurements, rocket arm etc but a lot will depend on how he plays. Yankoff and Haener will give him some tough competition.

Eason has been described by some very knowledgeable people as one of the best passers they have ever seen. https://twitter.com/brockespn/status/951896578075213824

I don't see Haener in the final competition even though he has his fans. For my money he is another, smaller even, Jake Browning. Jacob Eason is 6'6", The other 'Jacob," Sirmon, is 6'5", and Colson Yankoff is 6'4". Each one is physically imposing, unless Haener does something really spectacular I think he will fade.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":1z6tab90 said:
DomeHawk":1z6tab90 said:
JSeahawks":1z6tab90 said:
Except your using basketball recruiting articles in a football recruiting thread. Which is an entirely different subject.

Actually, I think it affects your entire athletic dept. More bad news coming out today.

https://articles.oregonlive.com/sports/ ... ssion=true

There' a thread about the college basketball recruiting scandal here. You can talk about Markelle Fultz there too.

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=139463

Wrong, but nice duck-type try, the Markele Fultz thing had NOTHING to do with UW and that has already been proven.

I'm hearing rumors about another wave of de-commits from Oregon coming before signing day.

Mario Cristobal has been shown to be the fraud that I predicted he would be. The duck nation has already turned on him.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ducks have some serious momentum going with the #1 overall player in the country Kayvon Thibedeaux. The last several "expert" picks on the 247 network have all been for Oregon. From Brandon Huffman and Greg Biggins, the 2 leading west coast recruiting gurus:

"I had stuck with Florida State for some time, largely because the Seminoles seemed like the most likely destination and when I visited with Thibodeaux at his school in late August and watched him play in the season opener, the Noles were who he raved about and his visit there was shortly after. Fast forward a couple months, and much of the buzz following the Oregon visit was about the Ducks. But then the glow didn't fade (as it often does after official visits). Talking with sources at Oaks Christian and close to Thibodeaux, the Ducks are still very much a prominent factor in his recruitment and the glow from the trip hasn't waned. As it gets closer to his decision, the 'Noles still stand in a good spot but much of the feeling is that Oregon will end up landing Thibodeaux. Its close to home, but not too close, he'll be able to play right away and that's not even taking in to account his desire to go into sports broadcasting following his career, and several Oregon alums are in the media now. All of those factors pushed me to make the switch in the Crystal Ball over the weekend." Brandon Huffman, 247Sports

"Although my crystal ball forecast is still on Florida State, I'm very close to moving it over to Oregon. The Ducks made a huge move following their official visit last month but the thought was, once the post-visit buzz wore off, Oregon would fade a bit. The buzz is gone but Oregon is still high on his list for several reasons. His relationship with the Ducks coaching staff is extremely strong. Thibodeaux has known Keith Heyward since middle school, is close with Donte Williams, Cort Dennison and Marcus Arroyo and loves DL coach Joe Salave'a. Early on, the feeling was Alabama and Florida State had the bigger name and brand that Thibodeaux was looking for and would create a bigger stage for him to shine on. We have heard that's no longer an issue and Thibodeaux feels wherever he goes, he'll bring the buzz with him. Thibodeaux is confident he can step in and play early no matter where he goes but could have an immediate impact at Oregon and start from day one. He's also excited by the incoming recruiting class Oregon is bringing in and feels the program has a chance to win at a high level in the coming years." Greg Biggins, 247Sports

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":zfpw4cl6 said:
Ducks have some serious momentum going with the #1 overall player in the country Kayvon Thibedeaux. The last several "expert" picks on the 247 network have all been for Oregon. From Brandon Huffman and Greg Biggins, the 2 leading west coast recruiting gurus:

"I had stuck with Florida State for some time, largely because the Seminoles seemed like the most likely destination and when I visited with Thibodeaux at his school in late August and watched him play in the season opener, the Noles were who he raved about and his visit there was shortly after. Fast forward a couple months, and much of the buzz following the Oregon visit was about the Ducks. But then the glow didn't fade (as it often does after official visits). Talking with sources at Oaks Christian and close to Thibodeaux, the Ducks are still very much a prominent factor in his recruitment and the glow from the trip hasn't waned. As it gets closer to his decision, the 'Noles still stand in a good spot but much of the feeling is that Oregon will end up landing Thibodeaux. Its close to home, but not too close, he'll be able to play right away and that's not even taking in to account his desire to go into sports broadcasting following his career, and several Oregon alums are in the media now. All of those factors pushed me to make the switch in the Crystal Ball over the weekend." Brandon Huffman, 247Sports

"Although my crystal ball forecast is still on Florida State, I'm very close to moving it over to Oregon. The Ducks made a huge move following their official visit last month but the thought was, once the post-visit buzz wore off, Oregon would fade a bit. The buzz is gone but Oregon is still high on his list for several reasons. His relationship with the Ducks coaching staff is extremely strong. Thibodeaux has known Keith Heyward since middle school, is close with Donte Williams, Cort Dennison and Marcus Arroyo and loves DL coach Joe Salave'a. Early on, the feeling was Alabama and Florida State had the bigger name and brand that Thibodeaux was looking for and would create a bigger stage for him to shine on. We have heard that's no longer an issue and Thibodeaux feels wherever he goes, he'll bring the buzz with him. Thibodeaux is confident he can step in and play early no matter where he goes but could have an immediate impact at Oregon and start from day one. He's also excited by the incoming recruiting class Oregon is bringing in and feels the program has a chance to win at a high level in the coming years." Greg Biggins, 247Sports
The NCAA has alleged that Oregon's track and field, football and women's and men's basketball programs have committed significant breaches of conduct. Will Phil Knight be able to buy his way out again? What happens to these recruits when the program is finally given significant sanctions?
https://www.amazon.com/University-Nike- ... B077LVCFQ6

drrew

Reaction score
The recruiting threads from previous years were a lot more interesting and useful when they were just about recruits and potential recruits instead of the nonsense that keeps being added here.

D

DomeHawk

drrew":1krgw4i3 said:
The recruiting threads from previous years were a lot more interesting and useful when they were just about recruits and potential recruits instead of the nonsense that keeps being added here.

Improprieties in recruiting is an essential part of the recruiting process and is being discussed on multiple recruiting forums. If you have a personal problem with me take it to the shack, personal attacks are in violation of the rules.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DomeHawk":nlqtau5l said:
drrew":nlqtau5l said:

Improprieties in recruiting is an essential part of the recruiting process and is being discussed on multiple recruiting forums. If you have a personal problem with me take it to the shack, personal attacks are in violation of the rules.

Let's keep it specific to football, and specific incidents about players being recruited in the present

Status
Not open for further replies.