Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The 2019 Recruiting thread

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: The 2019 Recruiting thread
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:00 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:I'm hearing a rash of de-commits coming to Nike U. happening now.

There have already been a couple:

Cridell decommited and is likely going to Oklahoma. This one doesnt really bother me, we're good at his position both now and in the future.
    Casey decommited to stay closer to home and is going to Louisville. This one hurt because its at a position of need, but he can be replaced.

There's probably two more decommitments coming:

Sounds like Masa Funa is going to flip to USC. This one would hurt big time, not gonna lie. But its USC, happens every year.
    Joey Capra is probably decommiting and his brother who is already on the team is likely transferring (I would consider this great news because they'd both just be buried on the depth chart and wasting scholarships.

Decommits always suck, but it just means there's more room to add other guys. I'll just be happy with the 25-28 that we end up with on signing day. The guys we really can't afford to lose are the WR's. Thats the one position where we need immediate help next season and we have a great class coming in.

I'm hoping there are 6 or 7 guys on the bottom of the roster who decide to leave too. Clear up some scholarships from dead wood.

This is why I quit posting in this thread.

We have the early signing period coming up, so that'll provide some clairity.

JS, what are you hearing about Jonah? Word is he's been spending a lot of time around the Trojans lately. Word here is his issue was Callaway, now that he's gone things are opening up.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:15 pm
  • Anajimmc wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:I'm hearing a rash of de-commits coming to Nike U. happening now.

There have already been a couple:

Cridell decommited and is likely going to Oklahoma. This one doesnt really bother me, we're good at his position both now and in the future.
    Casey decommited to stay closer to home and is going to Louisville. This one hurt because its at a position of need, but he can be replaced.

There's probably two more decommitments coming:

Sounds like Masa Funa is going to flip to USC. This one would hurt big time, not gonna lie. But its USC, happens every year.
    Joey Capra is probably decommiting and his brother who is already on the team is likely transferring (I would consider this great news because they'd both just be buried on the depth chart and wasting scholarships.

Decommits always suck, but it just means there's more room to add other guys. I'll just be happy with the 25-28 that we end up with on signing day. The guys we really can't afford to lose are the WR's. Thats the one position where we need immediate help next season and we have a great class coming in.

I'm hoping there are 6 or 7 guys on the bottom of the roster who decide to leave too. Clear up some scholarships from dead wood.

This is why I quit posting in this thread.

We have the early signing period coming up, so that'll provide some clairity.

JS, what are you hearing about Jonah? Word is he's been spending a lot of time around the Trojans lately. Word here is his issue was Callaway, now that he's gone things are opening up.

I don't understand how the ducks are signing so many every year? 25-28? Where is all the attrition?
    Bow Down to Washington
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:19 pm
  • Anajimmc wrote:

Supposedly he’s still telling the Oregon staff all the right things, but there’s still a bit of concern. USC tends to get who they want, especially LA kids. I’m sure there will be nerves all the way until his name is on a LOI. His mom absolutely loves cristobal and the ducks, so we have that advantage.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:54 am
  • Interesting new dynamic on the recruiting front, Kingsbury to be OC at USC. Wonder what impact that'll have for recruiting on the offensive side of the ball?
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:37 am
  • Anajimmc wrote:Interesting new dynamic on the recruiting front, Kingsbury to be OC at USC. Wonder what impact that'll have for recruiting on the offensive side of the ball?

Huge uptake for recruits on the offensive side of the ball. USC needed a splash hire like this to gain some momentum in recruiting after that disappointing year. Bru Mccoy who is a five star WR was starting to lean towards Texas after USC's disappointing season but Kliff is going be at his game Saturday and sit in the stands with his parents during the game. Feeling is this hire locks Bru to USC. Kyle Ford who is anthor 5 star WR had USC third in his recruitment but after this hire, the feeling is he will become a Trojan as well.
    goseahawks2012
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:39 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:

Supposedly he’s still telling the Oregon staff all the right things, but there’s still a bit of concern. USC tends to get who they want, especially LA kids. I’m sure there will be nerves all the way until his name is on a LOI. His mom absolutely loves cristobal and the ducks, so we have that advantage.

I think Jonah and Funa will both sign with Oregon. Having that last visit is huge and I think they will wrap them up next weekend.
    goseahawks2012
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:09 pm
  • 4 star corner Trent McDuffie from Bellflower, Ca commited to UW. Pretty good player.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Previous

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:46 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information