The 2019 Recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Defensive tackle Faatui Tuitele, a top-100 national recruit out of St. Louis High in Honolulu, announced his commitment to the Washington Huskies on Sunday night, choosing UW over Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State and Texas, his other finalists.

Tuitele, 6-feet-4 and 299 pounds, is rated as Hawaii’s No. 1 recruit and the No. 68 overall recruit in the 2019 class by 247sports.com.

ESPN rates Tuitele as the No. 40 recruit in the Class of 2019. He reportedly had 39 scholarship offers in all and a 4.0 grade-point average.

Tuitele’s commitment is another victory for the Huskies’ recruiting efforts in Hawaii, led by defensive line coach Ikaika Malloe, a Hawaii native.

Of the 19 recruits committed in UW’s 2019 class, Tuitele is the fifth from Hawaii — joining fellow Honolulu defensive tackle Sama Pa’ama (Kaimuki HS); offensive lineman Julius Buelow (Kapolei HS); outside linebacker Miki Ah You (Kahuku HS); and kicker Timothy Horn (Punahou HS).

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... hio-state/

D

DomeHawk

KitsapGuy":3r04e6fl said:
Defensive tackle Faatui Tuitele, a top-100 national recruit out of St. Louis High in Honolulu, announced his commitment to the Washington Huskies on Sunday night, choosing UW over Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State and Texas, his other finalists.

Tuitele, 6-feet-4 and 299 pounds, is rated as Hawaii’s No. 1 recruit and the No. 68 overall recruit in the 2019 class by 247sports.com.

ESPN rates Tuitele as the No. 40 recruit in the Class of 2019. He reportedly had 39 scholarship offers in all and a 4.0 grade-point average.

Tuitele’s commitment is another victory for the Huskies’ recruiting efforts in Hawaii, led by defensive line coach Ikaika Malloe, a Hawaii native.

Of the 19 recruits committed in UW’s 2019 class, Tuitele is the fifth from Hawaii — joining fellow Honolulu defensive tackle Sama Pa’ama (Kaimuki HS); offensive lineman Julius Buelow (Kapolei HS); outside linebacker Miki Ah You (Kahuku HS); and kicker Timothy Horn (Punahou HS).

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... hio-state/

:2thumbs: OKG!

D

DomeHawk

I'm hearing a rash of de-commits coming to Nike U. happening now.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
DomeHawk":eb6becey said:
it wouldn't surprise me to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":32qvd515 said:

There have already been a couple:

Cridell decommited and is likely going to Oklahoma. This one doesnt really bother me, we're good at his position both now and in the future.
Casey decommited to stay closer to home and is going to Louisville. This one hurt because its at a position of need, but he can be replaced.

There's probably two more decommitments coming:

Sounds like Masa Funa is going to flip to USC. This one would hurt big time, not gonna lie. But its USC, happens every year.
Joey Capra is probably decommiting and his brother who is already on the team is likely transferring (I would consider this great news because they'd both just be buried on the depth chart and wasting scholarships.

Decommits always suck, but it just means there's more room to add other guys. I'll just be happy with the 25-28 that we end up with on signing day. The guys we really can't afford to lose are the WR's. Thats the one position where we need immediate help next season and we have a great class coming in.

I'm hoping there are 6 or 7 guys on the bottom of the roster who decide to leave too. Clear up some scholarships from dead wood.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2zole1uu said:
DomeHawk":2zole1uu said:

Cridell decommited and is likely going to Oklahoma. This one doesnt really bother me, we're good at his position both now and in the future.
Casey decommited to stay closer to home and is going to Louisville. This one hurt because its at a position of need, but he can be replaced.

Sounds like Masa Funa is going to flip to USC. This one would hurt big time, not gonna lie. But its USC, happens every year.
Joey Capra is probably decommiting and his brother who is already on the team is likely transferring (I would consider this great news because they'd both just be buried on the depth chart and wasting scholarships.

Decommits always suck, but it just means there's more room to add other guys. I'll just be happy with the 25-28 that we end up with on signing day. The guys we really can't afford to lose are the WR's. Thats the one position where we need immediate help next season and we have a great class coming in.

I'm hoping there are 6 or 7 guys on the bottom of the roster who decide to leave too. Clear up some scholarships from dead wood.
This is why I quit posting in this thread.

We have the early signing period coming up, so that'll provide some clairity.

JS, what are you hearing about Jonah? Word is he's been spending a lot of time around the Trojans lately. Word here is his issue was Callaway, now that he's gone things are opening up.

D

DomeHawk

Anajimmc":2svohjtx said:
JSeahawks":2svohjtx said:
DomeHawk":2svohjtx said:

This is why I quit posting in this thread.

We have the early signing period coming up, so that'll provide some clairity.

JS, what are you hearing about Jonah? Word is he's been spending a lot of time around the Trojans lately. Word here is his issue was Callaway, now that he's gone things are opening up.

I don't understand how the ducks are signing so many every year? 25-28? Where is all the attrition?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Anajimmc":8lboofyz said:

Supposedly he’s still telling the Oregon staff all the right things, but there’s still a bit of concern. USC tends to get who they want, especially LA kids. I’m sure there will be nerves all the way until his name is on a LOI. His mom absolutely loves cristobal and the ducks, so we have that advantage.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Interesting new dynamic on the recruiting front, Kingsbury to be OC at USC. Wonder what impact that'll have for recruiting on the offensive side of the ball?

goseahawks2012

Reaction score
Anajimmc":1cxtxhri said:
Interesting new dynamic on the recruiting front, Kingsbury to be OC at USC. Wonder what impact that'll have for recruiting on the offensive side of the ball?

Huge uptake for recruits on the offensive side of the ball. USC needed a splash hire like this to gain some momentum in recruiting after that disappointing year. Bru Mccoy who is a five star WR was starting to lean towards Texas after USC's disappointing season but Kliff is going be at his game Saturday and sit in the stands with his parents during the game. Feeling is this hire locks Bru to USC. Kyle Ford who is anthor 5 star WR had USC third in his recruitment but after this hire, the feeling is he will become a Trojan as well.

goseahawks2012

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3p35z3ym said:
Anajimmc":3p35z3ym said:

Supposedly he’s still telling the Oregon staff all the right things, but there’s still a bit of concern. USC tends to get who they want, especially LA kids. I’m sure there will be nerves all the way until his name is on a LOI. His mom absolutely loves cristobal and the ducks, so we have that advantage.

I think Jonah and Funa will both sign with Oregon. Having that last visit is huge and I think they will wrap them up next weekend.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
UW has the #1 class as of right now per 247. If USC can land McCoy, Ford and others I can see them jumping up and taking the #1 spot in the conference, it's USC after all. lol

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
dopeboy206":17hko7yw said:
UW has the #1 class as of right now per 247. If USC can land McCoy, Ford and others I can see them jumping up and taking the #1 spot in the conference, it's USC after all. lol

After the Mcduffy commitment:

Oregon: 19 commitments, 1st in the pac 12, 7th in the country. Average star rating; 91.48

Washington: 20 commitments, 2nd, 15th, 89.54

USC: 15, 4, 28, 88.83.

I do agree though that by signing day USC has a good chance to be #1 in the conference. But they have a lot of work to do and a head coach that is basically dead man walking.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Footb ... nce=Pac-12

dopeboy206

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1fxxzf3b said:
dopeboy206":1fxxzf3b said:

After the Mcduffy commitment:

Oregon: 19 commitments, 1st in the pac 12, 7th in the country. Average star rating; 91.48

Washington: 20 commitments, 2nd, 15th, 89.54

USC: 15, 4, 28, 88.83.

I do agree though that by signing day USC has a good chance to be #1 in the conference. But they have a lot of work to do and a head coach that is basically dead man walking.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Footb ... nce=Pac-12

Strange this has Washington ahead. Updated today 12/12/18.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Footb ... mRankings/

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":1nj6p7fc said:
dopeboy206":1nj6p7fc said:
Strange this has Washington ahead. Updated today 12/12/18.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Footb ... mRankings/

Oh, I gotcha. You’re going by the 247 rankings on their own, I was going by the 247 composite rankings.

Either way, both schools are putting together really strong classes.

You gotta string together consistent top-15 classes if you want to be in the CFP discussion. Hard for anyone but USC to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.