Grier to skip bowl game

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Marking the behavior as a negative on your player evaluation is not the same as crossing off the player from consideration altogether.

justafan

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2msie149 said:
justafan":2msie149 said:
fenderbender123":2msie149 said:
West TX Hawk":2msie149 said:
Worked out ok for McCaffrey.

Sure. But still a negative mark, IMO.

McCafferey isnt a QB. That is a huge difference for me. He has every right to make a business decision but I wouldnt draft him if I need a leader for my team. Mayfair wouldnt have gone 1st IMO if he would have done that. I dont think I have ever heard of a QB doing that. Its huge red flag to me.

There are all kinds of flavors of opinion at the NFL level.

If I'm a player, then I'm actually thinking it's a benefit to have teams with this kind of opinion dropping you from their boards. The reality is, closed mindedness rarely stops at just one circumstance. Typically feeble mindedness permeates every aspect of ones existence. And in the NFL, the worst teams are time and again the ones led by those that choose to put themselves at competitive disadvantages. Who bind themselves to overly simplistic and self defeating constraints:

"I want a winner"
"Players from big time programs"
"Doesn't fit the prototype"
"Look at his calves. Not built to stand up to NFL punishment"
"Doesn't love the game"
"May not have the necessities to play ...."

So much stupid, it's like a disease. Kind of like watching the Chicago Bears drafts from 1990 to 2015.

This kind of move, aside from eliminating the very real risk of career derailment, is also a preemptive means to get your name off the draft boards of the teams that you don't want to be on in the first place.

The easiest thing to do is say people are stupid for missing draft picks or why they believe what they believe about the draft. The truth is most college players just arnt good enough. 3 out of 10 first round picks wont start.It drops fast after that.. After a baseline level of talent needed to play in the NFL what sets players apart is mental make up IMO. I love the draft. Everrything about it. I rarely criticize peoples opinion because I know 100 percent that nobody knows who is going to make it. The more they act like they know the less I think they really understand the dynamics at play.

Griers decision will change teams opinion of him I think. But either way I dont think he makes it and it wont be because he lacks physical skill.