Jimmy lake leaving UW for Alabama?

drrew

Reaction score
Jimmy Lake leaving is more a matter of when, not if, but he did not interview for a position this past weekend. Alabama offered a job last off-season w/o an interview, there's zero reason why he'd be jumping through those hoops this off-season after raising his profile further.

Doesn't mean he doesn't take an Alabama job, but there was no interview.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Last winter, Alabama, Florida State and Texas A&M all reached out to Lake about their defensive-coordinator openings. He opted to remain at Washington after co-defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski voluntarily ceded play-calling duties to keep Lake on Montlake.

Lake also received a significant pay raise this year, making him the highest-paid assistant coach in UW history. He earned about $1.1 million this season, not including bonuses.

“I love Seattle,” Lake said in an interview late Friday with KJR’s Dave “Softy” Mahler. “Bought an awesome house in Bellevue. Don’t worry: I’m gonna be here for a while.”

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... or-awhile/

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Lake is gonna hang out and wait until Petersen retires. At least, I hope...

D

DomeHawk

fenderbender123":2c6yvqo0 said:

Lake will go at some point, his upside is huge right now, but he isn't patient enough to wait for Petersen's retirement which is likely many years away.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
DomeHawk":30jtw232 said:
fenderbender123":30jtw232 said:

Lake will go at some point, his upside is huge right now, but he isn't patient enough to wait for Petersen's retirement which is likely many years away.

I know.

the good news is that Petersen is obviously good at finding good assistants. He's obviously not perfect, and Lake has obviously been one of if not his best hire....but it's good to know this staff is good because of the HC's competence and not just because of random luck.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Isn't Lake sharing the DC duties with Pete K. If Alabama is giving him the reigns to run the whole show there, then I can see him take it. Saban will probably retire before Petersen does so Lake (if he stays on this trajectory) would be a coach in line for the best college football program in the country. Sort of a dream job where college football is concerned. Honestly, I hope he would skip to the NFL and join the Seahawks as a DB coach.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3szorv3c said:
Isn't Lake sharing the DC duties with Pete K. If Alabama is giving him the reigns to run the whole show there, then I can see him take it. Saban will probably retire before Petersen does so Lake (if he stays on this trajectory) would be a coach in line for the best college football program in the country. Sort of a dream job where college football is concerned. Honestly, I hope he would skip to the NFL and join the Seahawks as a DB coach.

He opted to remain at Washington after co-defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski voluntarily ceded play-calling duties to keep Lake on Montlake.

D

DomeHawk

fenderbender123":vz7dqutw said:
DomeHawk":vz7dqutw said:
fenderbender123":vz7dqutw said:

I know.

the good news is that Petersen is obviously good at finding good assistants. He's obviously not perfect, and Lake has obviously been one of if not his best hire....but it's good to know this staff is good because of the HC's competence and not just because of random luck.

I agree but only to a point, hopefully time will prove me wrong but I think Bush Hamdan was not a good pick. He needed more time to grow and learn before he was given a coordinator position at a major school.

As for your initial post, this may seem crazy to some but I would love for Coach Petersen to move on after a couple of years and Jimmy become our HC. He is everything I want in a coach: innovative, incredible at player development, and would make a giant recruiter as a HC.

Petersen is a great program coach but the blunders he makes game-time are real head-scratchers! And, that is an understatement.

chris98251

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3nh6sgd8 said:
fenderbender123":3nh6sgd8 said:
DomeHawk":3nh6sgd8 said:
fenderbender123":3nh6sgd8 said:

I know.

I agree but only to a point, hopefully time will prove me wrong but I think Bush Hamdan was not a good pick. He needed more time to grow and learn before he was given a coordinator position at a major school.

As for your initial post, this may seem crazy to some but I would love for Coach Petersen to move on after a couple of years and Jimmy become our HC. He is everything I want in a coach: innovative, incredible at player development, and would make a giant recruiter as a HC.

Petersen is a great program coach but the blunders he makes game-time are real head-scratchers! And, that is an understatement.

Were you one of the Fire Carroll guys also, Pederson has done more in his time then any of the other coaches since James consistently. A few more years and UW will be competing hard for recruits again with USC and UCLA, kids like to win.

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":1xlizggv said:
DomeHawk":1xlizggv said:
fenderbender123":1xlizggv said:
DomeHawk":1xlizggv said:

I know.

Were you one of the Fire Carroll guys also, Pederson has done more in his time then any of the other coaches since James consistently. A few more years and UW will be competing hard for recruits again with USC and UCLA, kids like to win.

I like both Pete and Petersen, what they have done for both programs is remarkable BUT you have to take the good with the bad and BOTH make incredibly stupid game-time decisions at times.

Fire Carroll also? Where did I ever say that either should be fired? it's incredible how people on this board assign words or thoughts that you never expressed.

chris98251

Reaction score
DomeHawk":15ejrpm0 said:
chris98251":15ejrpm0 said:
DomeHawk":15ejrpm0 said:
fenderbender123":15ejrpm0 said:
I know.

I like both Pete and Petersen, what they have done for both programs is remarkable BUT you have to take the good with the bad and BOTH make incredibly stupid game-time decisions at times.

Fire Carroll also? Where did I ever say that either should be fired? it's incredible how people on this board assign words or thoughts that you never expressed.

I would love for Coach Petersen to move on after a couple of years

Also I asked if you were one of those not accused you of doing it, Pederson said he loves it here and is happy, unless something somewhat secluded in another part of the Country out of mainstream comes up I don't see him leaving for greener pastures. So the other option is getting fired to your moving on.

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":2at2p032 said:
DomeHawk":2at2p032 said:
chris98251":2at2p032 said:
DomeHawk":2at2p032 said:

I would love for Coach Petersen to move on after a couple of years

Also I asked if you were one of those not accused you of doing it, Pederson said he loves it here and is happy, unless something somewhat secluded in another part of the Country out of mainstream comes up I don't see him leaving for greener pastures. So the other option is getting fired to your moving on.

Like I said, I like Petersen, I just like Lake better, and stating that I would love for him to move on and let Jimmy be our coach of the future is clearly an improbable scenario and in no way should be interpreted as wanting him fired.

Try to keep up.