The 2019 Recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
In perhaps the greatest position of need in the program, Washington signed 3* kicker Tim Horn out of Hawaii.

D

DomeHawk

SeatownJay":ag7r7h7c said:
In perhaps the greatest position of need in the program, Washington signed 3* kicker Tim Horn out of Hawaii.

Lol, can't disagree with that.

Getting Latu was awesome, this D-line is an incredible class with with the 4th and 8th best DT's and now the 6th best DE.

If we could close with a top WR this would probably be the best class since Neuheisel's 2001 class.

D

DomeHawk

Interesting comment listening to the radio last night: I forget who it was but they were talking about how the top-5 teams get the top classes consistently every year. They were making the analogy of winning the Super Bowl and then getting the first pick in the first round. Never thought of it that way but that is essentially what happens.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2qczxbrg said:
Sounds like Kyle Ford will not be signing til February, which is good for UW and UO. Was worried he'd sign with USC right after visiting there this weekend.
McCoy will be signing his letter today, but keeping it under wraps until the all star game, I'm thinking Ford and Steele may do the same.

Looks like it came down to the wire but SC looks to have Drake Jackson, I believe that the SC staff cooled on KT in order to pursue Jackson. I've seen them both play, KT is more athletic for sure but Jackson is bigger with a non stop motor, he brings it every play.

goseahawks2012

Reaction score
Anajimmc":3fj2txee said:
JSeahawks":3fj2txee said:
Sounds like Kyle Ford will not be signing til February, which is good for UW and UO. Was worried he'd sign with USC right after visiting there this weekend.
McCoy will be signing his letter today, but keeping it under wraps until the all star game, I'm thinking Ford and Steele may do the same.

Looks like it came down to the wire but SC looks to have Drake Jackson, I believe that the SC staff cooled on KT in order to pursue Jackson. I've seen them both play, KT is more athletic for sure but Jackson is bigger with a non stop motor, he brings it every play.

Both Mccoy and Steele did sign but Ford choose not to sign and hide it. SC cooled on KT for Latu who was a heavy USC lean before this weekend where UW got him to commit and today he signed.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
So just to put a bow on the Oregon class after signing day. 5th in the country, (#1 outside of the SEC). Pretty remarkable job by the Ducks staff considering they're on their 3rd coach in 3 years and have been coming off a few lackluster years on the field. All 22 of the commits signed at the early signing period, which is a big difference from last year. At least 13 of the 22 are planning on enrolling early (either right after Christmas break, or for spring quarter) and will be here for Spring practice, which is huge.

I think they plan on still adding 4 or 5 guys before the final signing day in February. They definitely need to find a nose tackle and a safety. They did pretty well at defensive end, but whiffed on Siaki Ika at nose. Other then that, they're pretty much just going to be focusing their recruitment on a few of the "big fish".

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":r73fsw43 said:
So just to put a bow on the Oregon class after signing day. 5th in the country, (#1 outside of the SEC). Pretty remarkable job by the Ducks staff considering they're on their 3rd coach in 3 years and have been coming off a few lackluster years on the field. All 22 of the commits signed at the early signing period, which is a big difference from last year. At least 13 of the 22 are planning on enrolling early (either right after Christmas break, or for spring quarter) and will be here for Spring practice, which is huge.

I think they plan on still adding 4 or 5 guys before the final signing day in February. They definitely need to find a nose tackle and a safety. They did pretty well at defensive end, but whiffed on Siaki Ika at nose. Other then that, they're pretty much just going to be focusing their recruitment on a few of the "big fish".

It is a great class, at least on paper, but you can't win anything in the off-season. I wonder if Cristobal is really that good of a recruiter or is this just another example of Oregon doing well when USC is down?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
On a bit of a lighter note, the Ducks added an interesting preferred walk on. Cross Patton, running back, the son of rapper and Outkast member Big Boi. He's a pretty good athlete. I doubt he'll ever get meaningful carries, but i bet he'll get some special teams work.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BigBoi/status/1075541039014924288[/tweet]

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":29556lu8 said:
On a bit of a lighter note, the Ducks added an interesting preferred walk on. Cross Patton, running back, the son of rapper and Outkast member Big Boi. He's a pretty good athlete. I doubt he'll ever get meaningful carries, but i bet he'll get some special teams work.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BigBoi/status/1075541039014924288[/tweet]

I'm down for walkons!

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Chris Steele pretty much locked in with Florida (he may or may not have signed yet, nobody is sure). He's a guy USC and Oregon were chasing pretty hard.

goseahawks2012

Reaction score
JSeahawks":28zj1i47 said:
Chris Steele pretty much locked in with Florida (he may or may not have signed yet, nobody is sure). He's a guy USC and Oregon were chasing pretty hard.
Greg Biggins insinuated he did sign with Florida already.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Likely to be a good day for USC today. Kyle Ford and Bru McCoy, both 5 star receivers (although McCoy could also play defense), expected to commit to them today at the All American Bowl. As much as I hate to think about it the Pac12 could use a return to dominance by USC.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
As expected for a few weeks, star Cb Chris Steele picks Florida over USC and Oregon. One if the big reasons he gave was that the sec officials would let him play more physically then those in the pac12.

We’ve all known that pac12 football officiating is the worst in the country, now it’s being used against us in recruiting.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1bngjhkf said:
As expected for a few weeks, star Cb Chris Steele picks Florida over USC and Oregon. One if the big reasons he gave was that the sec officials would let him play more physically then those in the pac12.

We’ve all known that pac12 football officiating is the worst in the country, now it’s being used against us in recruiting.
In the Pac 12, The Commissioner and all of football officiating are populated by nothing but a bunch of incompetent phacking morons.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":3drx772t said:
Likely to be a good day for USC today. Kyle Ford and Bru McCoy, both 5 star receivers (although McCoy could also play defense), expected to commit to them today at the All American Bowl. As much as I hate to think about it the Pac12 could use a return to dominance by USC.

This is what happens to you when you have a chronic case of Husky envy/fear, lol.

(I think Freud said something about this)

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
3 star center Logan Sagapolu from Lehi, Utah commits to Oregon. 6'3", 340. He's a mission kid so probably wont be on the field for 3 years (2 year mission, then a redshirt year to get back into football shape), if he ever makes it to Eugene at all. Seems like most of these mission kids come off their original commitments and end up at BYU.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ducks also just landed 3 star corner DJ James from Spanish Head, Alabama. Flipped him from Mississippi State. I'll take 3 stars from down south all day long.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":11e2uh2s said:
Ducks also just landed 3 star corner DJ James from Spanish Head, Alabama. Flipped him from Mississippi State. I'll take 3 stars from down south all day long.

There is this myth that players from down south are better football players than players from the west coast. I guess this is based on the SEC being in the CFP every year.

105 million people on the east coast, 51 million people on the west coast with most of these located in southern California.

It's simply a larger talent pool and schools that are in a winning cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.