Jim Leavitt fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DomeHawk

The_Z_Man":359zwa2s said:
DomeHawk":359zwa2s said:
I can't even imagine what gourmet offerings are being supplied through the sweat-shop grapevine.

In my day it would have been a violation of NCAA rules to even feed walk-ons.

But I didn't suffer, living within walking/running distance of the campus in Ravenna, my mom fed me well.

What can I say, I'm a mommy's boy.

Sometimes, Dome, you remind me of a few dudes from Webzone...

I take it that is a dig, but it's lost on me as I don't know what you are referring to.

Jville

Reaction score
I think this common interest forum sometimes losses track of who we are. We are not experts or elite professionals. We are volunteers who follow that which we are passionate about as amateurs.

As we follow along, good sportsmanship is as valuable to us as it is to those participating in instructional sports. We strive to understand and learn about that which we follow one day at a time. Along with the need to remain on topic, there is a need to call for improvement from participants displaying poor sportsmanship.

Poor sportsmanship sows the seeds for interpersonal conflict and hijacked threads. Good sportsmanship insulates us from such noise.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2bfppjr2 said:
J is playing nice right now in an effort to make me stop bashing his ducks so I will also, but he needs to stick to the facts and quit playing "insider." The thing he doesn't get when he posts information from a so-called insider is that the quickest way to stop being an insider IS to post inside information on the net. In fact, that's the quickest way to know that someone is NOT an insider.

I have never once pretended to be an insider. I just post information and rumors i read from other boards.

The Jimmy Lake thing came straight from Dawgman. The USC thing came straight from a USC website. They werent even Duck led rumors.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":w7qxmmr4 said:
DomeHawk":w7qxmmr4 said:
J is playing nice right now in an effort to make me stop bashing his ducks so I will also, but he needs to stick to the facts and quit playing "insider." The thing he doesn't get when he posts information from a so-called insider is that the quickest way to stop being an insider IS to post inside information on the net. In fact, that's the quickest way to know that someone is NOT an insider.

I have never once pretended to be an insider. I just post information and rumors i read from other boards.

The Jimmy Lake thing came straight from Dawgman. The USC thing came straight from a USC website. They werent even Duck led rumors.

USC website? sc85sis replied to you: "That’s Scott Wolf’s blog. He is a USC alum who hates the football program. I actually have wondered if he got stuffed into a trash can by football players as a kid because he goes out of his way to rag on the team and has done so for years. He used to be a “reporter” for a couple different local newspapers but reportedly got fired last year." You posted that HE was an insider, he's about as NON-insider as you can get.

As for the Jimmy Lake thing it was widely reported that was untrue in several publications at the very time you posted that AND you didn't post a link.

https://realdawghuskies.com/jimmy-lake- ... are-false/

The bigger issue is, what was your motivation in doing so?

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
You're both valuable members here. But this shit is distracting and taking away from the topics here. Put each other on ignore, take it to PM's, the Shack or whatever you have to do. But enough of this back and forth between you two. You've been told multiple times and know better. Final warning before vacations are given without further notice. The rest is up to you.

D

DomeHawk

KitsapGuy":2xyh66gn said:
You're both valuable members here. But this shit is distracting and taking away from the topics here. Put each other on ignore, take it to PM's, the Shack or whatever you have to do. But enough of this back and forth between you two. You've been told multiple times and know better. Final warning before vacations are given without further notice. The rest is up to you.

Sorry Kitsap, it was my intention to do this in PM's until Zman called me out publicly, I thought I should have the right to do that.

I am hoping we are just hashing this out but yes, any further discussion will be off the board.

Apologies.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sounds like there should be an announcement in the next day or two. It was believed when Leavitt was fired that Heyward would be the replacement. Supposedly it’s between him and a mystery candidate (believed to be Boise state DC Andy Avalo’s.... but not confirmed).

Id be happy with either. Heyward has a ton of upside, but Avalos has already done it. Both are young and energetic which fits the mood of Oregon’s staff.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1szc63cd said:
Sounds like there should be an announcement in the next day or two. It was believed when Leavitt was fired that Heyward would be the replacement. Supposedly it’s between him and a mystery candidate (believed to be Boise state DC Andy Avalo’s.... but not confirmed).

Id be happy with either. Heyward has a ton of upside, but Avalos has already done it. Both are young and energetic which fits the mood of Oregon’s staff.

And Avalos it is. Hired away from BSU. Quality get, I just hope it doesnt cost us Heyward in a year or two.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":2ids91w8 said:
JSeahawks":2ids91w8 said:

And Avalos it is. Hired away from BSU. Quality get, I just hope it doesnt cost us Heyward in a year or two.

Sometimes I feel like Cristobal is reading my posts, hours after posting that Leavitt was the most overrated DC in the country, he was fired. Then, when I posted that as a high-rated defensive player recruit I wouldn't want to risk my career on a completely inexperienced/untested DC, he hired an experienced DC.

But it's just common sense and I am disappointed that Cristobal is displaying some, lol.

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3gkudx27 said:
JSeahawks":3gkudx27 said:

I am looking forward to how he utilizes KT! His use of DE's seems to be a great fit for his style. But, I am with you in regards to Heyward. I hope that he is either in line for DC when/if Avalos gets a HC position, or we are prepared with another up and comer to move into his role.

I am happy with the move. I loved Leavitt in year one, but that is a unit that needed a shot of energy and Avalos has a great track record, especially for getting the most out of players.

sc85sis

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1dvb7riy said:
JSeahawks":1dvb7riy said:
DomeHawk":1dvb7riy said:

USC website? sc85sis replied to you: "That’s Scott Wolf’s blog. He is a USC alum who hates the football program. I actually have wondered if he got stuffed into a trash can by football players as a kid because he goes out of his way to rag on the team and has done so for years. He used to be a “reporter” for a couple different local newspapers but reportedly got fired last year." You posted that HE was an insider, he's about as NON-insider as you can get.

As for the Jimmy Lake thing it was widely reported that was untrue in several publications at the very time you posted that AND you didn't post a link.

Scott Wolf’s blog IS a USC-related site. I never said otherwise. Wolf, as an alum and former beat writer, considers himself an insider and posts as such. The fact JSeahawks wasn’t aware of the backstory on Wolf is why I responded to J’s post. He saw something and mentioned it here—I just provided additional context.

D

DomeHawk

sc85sis":1l6l56ys said:
DomeHawk":1l6l56ys said:
JSeahawks":1l6l56ys said:
DomeHawk":1l6l56ys said:

Scott Wolf’s blog IS a USC-related site. I never said otherwise. Wolf, as an alum and former beat writer, considers himself an insider and posts as such. The fact JSeahawks wasn’t aware of the backstory on Wolf is why I responded to J’s post. He saw something and mentioned it here—I just provided additional context.

He may report on USC but in no way is his blog connected to USC. And, he may consider himself an insider but, as you mention, "he goes out of his way to rag on the team." That makes him an insider?

sc85sis

Reaction score
The blog is literally named USC Insider. If you’re not a Trojans fan (which I feel safe saying JSeahawks is not), you wouldn’t know the history. Stop trying to twist what I posted to make a point about someone else. I wasn’t calling JSeahawks out—I was providing info to which he wasn’t privy.

D

DomeHawk

sc85sis":849o3vqj said:
The blog is literally named USC Insider. If you’re not a Trojans fan (which I feel safe saying JSeahawks is not), you wouldn’t know the history. Stop trying to twist what I posted to make a point about someone else. I wasn’t calling JSeahawks out—I was providing info to which he wasn’t privy.

I'm not twisting anything, your post was plain enough, and I copied and pasted it as such.

I was calling J out, it was in combination with another post where he made another post claiming Jimmy Lake was being interviewed by Alabama when it had been all over the net that it never happened days before he posted.

We've hashed this out enough, I don't know why you are upset, you are the one that called out the veracity of the blogger's motivation.

But yeah, you make the post and then blame it on me, too funny.

https://247sports.com/college/usc/Board ... t-5659182/

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
sc85sis":1if737h7 said:

I quickly learned to ignore, if it isn't a rah rah dawgs post he twists it. BTW, did you see that Leavitt is trying to reunite with Taggart? ;)

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/s...im-leavitt-visiting-florida-state/3113796002/

Status
Not open for further replies.