Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Jim Leavitt fired

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Jim Leavitt fired
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:46 pm
  • It’s been coming for awhile. Never really got in line when Cristobal got the job over him. Heyward will be the new Dc.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24087
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:10 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:It’s been coming for awhile. Never really got in line when Cristobal got the job over him. Heyward will be the new Dc.


    Hate this!

    Smart move though.

    I wonder whose Pac-12 coach Oregon will steal this time?
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1208
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:00 pm
  • Kind of late in the cycle to doing something like that, isn't it? I mean, not so much that it's late to do a firing but gonna be tough to find a replacement.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105835
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:12 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:Kind of late in the cycle to doing something like that, isn't it? I mean, not so much that it's late to do a firing but gonna be tough to find a replacement.


    99% sure it will be Keith Heyward who’s already on staff. His buyout $ became less January 31, which is a big part of the timing.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24087
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:46 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:Kind of late in the cycle to doing something like that, isn't it? I mean, not so much that it's late to do a firing but gonna be tough to find a replacement.


    99% sure it will be Keith Heyward who’s already on staff. His buyout $ became less January 31, which is a big part of the timing.


    It's his reward for getting Kayvon Thibodeaux.

    Apparently, the duck's recruits were not aware that he was going to be replaced.

    Does this open the door for players transferring as Bru McCoy to Texas?

    I believe they do if Oregon was dishonest in hiding that from them.

    There is considerable opinion that McCoy will be granted his waiver which would open the door for Oregon recruits to transfer as it is the same situation.

    https://247sports.com/college/texas/Art ... 128896558/
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1208
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:20 pm
  • Guaranteed $1.7m a year through 2022. This is an expensive firing.
    drrew
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1080
    Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:50 am


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:30 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:His buyout $ became less January 31, which is a big part of the timing.


    The buyout that reduced on 1/31 was if Leavitt was leaving for another job. The $1.7m a year through 2022 is fully guaranteed unless they're firing him 'with cause'.
    drrew
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1080
    Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:50 am


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:01 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:Kind of late in the cycle to doing something like that, isn't it? I mean, not so much that it's late to do a firing but gonna be tough to find a replacement.


    99% sure it will be Keith Heyward who’s already on staff. His buyout $ became less January 31, which is a big part of the timing.


    It's his reward for getting Kayvon Thibodeaux.

    Apparently, the duck's recruits were not aware that he was going to be replaced.

    Does this open the door for players transferring as Bru McCoy to Texas?

    I believe they do if Oregon was dishonest in hiding that from them.

    There is considerable opinion that McCoy will be granted his waiver which would open the door for Oregon recruits to transfer as it is the same situation.

    https://247sports.com/college/texas/Art ... 128896558/


    Leavitt was not very involved in recruiting at all. He has not been shy about trying for various head coach positions.
    Allweatherfan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 110
    Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:14 pm


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:27 am
  • Allweatherfan wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:Kind of late in the cycle to doing something like that, isn't it? I mean, not so much that it's late to do a firing but gonna be tough to find a replacement.


    99% sure it will be Keith Heyward who’s already on staff. His buyout $ became less January 31, which is a big part of the timing.


    It's his reward for getting Kayvon Thibodeaux.

    Apparently, the duck's recruits were not aware that he was going to be replaced.

    Does this open the door for players transferring as Bru McCoy to Texas?

    I believe they do if Oregon was dishonest in hiding that from them.

    There is considerable opinion that McCoy will be granted his waiver which would open the door for Oregon recruits to transfer as it is the same situation.

    https://247sports.com/college/texas/Art ... 128896558/


    Leavitt was not very involved in recruiting at all. He has not been shy about trying for various head coach positions.


    I thought it was obvious that I was responding to the last part of J's post where he said he was 99% sure it was Heyward who would be the new DC and, who DID recruit Kayvon Thibodeaux.

    And, all this duck spinning of his fire is hilarious, Jim Leavitt got fired because he was a lousy DC, period.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1208
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:37 am
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    Allweatherfan wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    99% sure it will be Keith Heyward who’s already on staff. His buyout $ became less January 31, which is a big part of the timing.


    It's his reward for getting Kayvon Thibodeaux.

    Apparently, the duck's recruits were not aware that he was going to be replaced.

    Does this open the door for players transferring as Bru McCoy to Texas?

    I believe they do if Oregon was dishonest in hiding that from them.

    There is considerable opinion that McCoy will be granted his waiver which would open the door for Oregon recruits to transfer as it is the same situation.

    https://247sports.com/college/texas/Art ... 128896558/


    Leavitt was not very involved in recruiting at all. He has not been shy about trying for various head coach positions.


    I thought it was obvious that I was responding to the last part of J's post where he said he was 99% sure it was Heyward who would be the new DC and, who DID recruit Kayvon Thibodeaux.

    And, all this duck spinning of his fire is hilarious, Jim Leavitt got fired because he was a lousy DC, period.


    He wasn't involved in the recruiting, so why would they want to transfer? You said it will open the transfer portal.

    We still have the #1 recruiting class in the Pac 12 so the next DC is inheriting a great situation.
    Allweatherfan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 110
    Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:14 pm


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:13 am
  • Allweatherfan wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Allweatherfan wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    It's his reward for getting Kayvon Thibodeaux.

    Apparently, the duck's recruits were not aware that he was going to be replaced.

    Does this open the door for players transferring as Bru McCoy to Texas?

    I believe they do if Oregon was dishonest in hiding that from them.

    There is considerable opinion that McCoy will be granted his waiver which would open the door for Oregon recruits to transfer as it is the same situation.

    https://247sports.com/college/texas/Art ... 128896558/


    Leavitt was not very involved in recruiting at all. He has not been shy about trying for various head coach positions.


    I thought it was obvious that I was responding to the last part of J's post where he said he was 99% sure it was Heyward who would be the new DC and, who DID recruit Kayvon Thibodeaux.

    And, all this duck spinning of his fire is hilarious, Jim Leavitt got fired because he was a lousy DC, period.


    He wasn't involved in the recruiting, so why would they want to transfer? You said it will open the transfer portal.

    We still have the #1 recruiting class in the Pac 12 so the next DC is inheriting a great situation.


    It's pretty obvious but you apparently have to have everything explained to you.

    The players weren't told that he was leaving, they signed their letters of intent based upon having an experienced DC running the defense. Heyward might turn out to be good but he has zero experience actually calling the defensive plays. These players are then put in the position of risking their entire careers to someone that is an unknown quantity.

    It's the same situation Bru McCoy found himself in at USC where the OC left and he was expecting that coach to be his OC. If he is granted a waiver by the NCAA and doesn't have to sit out a year this produces a precedent where any player who wasn't told a coach was leaving can transfer without sitting out a year.

    As for yoiur last point, a great recruiting class can be completely wasted if you don't have the coaches who can develop and scheme, something the Oregon coaches have ZERO history of doing.

    Until they prove that they are capable of that I wouldn't want my kid to go there.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1208
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:05 pm
  • Dome, please show me a quote of an incoming player not knowing he was leaving, or even upset that he's gone, even a quote from a recruit saying that Jim Leavitt was in any way the reason that he came to oregon will do. Those of us who follow the team closely have known for quite some time that he wasnt coming back and that he was not involved at all in recruiting this incoming class. In fact he's been purposefully kept away from them. For the last 3 months before signing day Leavitt has been making a tour through the JUCO's. He never even stepped foot on a high school campus.

    On signing day every coach on Oregon's staff was at alumni events in either Portland, Salem, Bend or Medford. Every single coach stood up and talked to the alumni about recruits... except for Leavitt, he was in Medford, but did not speak. He has no relationship with them.
    Last edited by JSeahawks on Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24087
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:24 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    As for yoiur last point, a great recruiting class can be completely wasted if you don't have the coaches who can develop and scheme, something the Oregon coaches have ZERO history of doing.


    I love how you point this out in nearly every post that you make. Then when we talk about the Oregon vs Washington game this year you repeatedly say that Oregon didnt really win, they just won because UW was outcoached.... Simply brilliant.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24087
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:58 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    As for yoiur last point, a great recruiting class can be completely wasted if you don't have the coaches who can develop and scheme, something the Oregon coaches have ZERO history of doing.


    I love how you point this out in nearly every post that you make. Then when we talk about the Oregon vs Washington game this year you repeatedly say that Oregon didnt really win, they just won because UW was outcoached.... Simply brilliant.


    It's become clear that facts are only acceptable when they support his opinion. :roll: oh well, moving onward and upward
    Allweatherfan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 110
    Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:14 pm


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:30 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Dome, please show me a quote of an incoming player not knowing he was leaving, or even upset that he's gone, even a quote from a recruit saying that Jim Leavitt was in any way the reason that he came to oregon will do. Those of us who follow the team closely have known for quite some time that he wasnt coming back and that he was not involved at all in recruiting this incoming class. In fact he's been purposefully kept away from them. For the last 3 months before signing day Leavitt has been making a tour through the JUCO's. He never even stepped foot on a high school campus.

    On signing day every coach on Oregon's staff was at alumni events in either Portland, Salem, Bend or Medford. Every single coach stood up and talked to the alumni about recruits... except for Leavitt, he was in Medford, but did not speak. He has no relationship with them.


    I read that in an article, I will look it up.

    But, if they didn't intend to deceive, why did they wait until after national signing day to fire him?

    And, my point wasn't ever about whether they should, or would, transfer but merely that if they upheld McCoy's petition it would create a precedent for Oregon, or any school for that matter, to transfer under the same criteria.

    And, you know as well as I do that they weren't aware of his firing when they signed.
    Last edited by DomeHawk on Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1208
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:42 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    As for yoiur last point, a great recruiting class can be completely wasted if you don't have the coaches who can develop and scheme, something the Oregon coaches have ZERO history of doing.


    I love how you point this out in nearly every post that you make. Then when we talk about the Oregon vs Washington game this year you repeatedly say that Oregon didnt really win, they just won because UW was outcoached.... Simply brilliant.


    That's not true and you know it. I didn't say that CP was outcoached, I said that Coach Petersen made a fatal game-day blunder, something he has done in several games this year and last.

    I stand by my comment that the Oregon coaches do not have a history of good coaching, their record speaks for itself. Cristobal was hired because the kids petitioned the admin to hire him. And, in the last few years Oregon has sent very few high picks to the NFL. Case in point, Herbert, has he developed at Oregon? No, he has all the tools but continues to make the same exact mistakes. Will they get better? possibly, but as I stated, there is no record to support that at this point.

    Every single recruit at Oregon based their commitment on faith, nothing else.

    But for all your blather, I remember when you were telling us all that Jim Leavitt was the one of the top-5 DC's in the country and I told you that was a bunch of hooey. Then, how Taggart was building a national powerhouse, A "monster" if I remember how you put it. You told us all he was a great coach too, I questioned that one also. How did that turn out? I could go on and on about your ridiculous claims and outright falsehoods but I'll leave it at that for now.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1208
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:17 am
  • Im really interested in which university has the better cafeteria.

    Followed by voracious counter arguments, then turn a 3 week point scoring contest.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 14575
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:32 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Im really interested in which university has the better cafeteria.

    Followed by voracious counter arguments, then turn a 3 week point scoring contest.



    I think we all know the answer to that one.

    https://goducks.com/sports/2014/10/8/209703424.aspx
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24087
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:54 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Im really interested in which university has the better cafeteria.

    Followed by voracious counter arguments, then turn a 3 week point scoring contest.



    I think we all know the answer to that one.

    https://goducks.com/sports/2014/10/8/209703424.aspx


    Your move, Dome
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 14575
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:24 pm
  • I can't even imagine what gourmet offerings are being supplied through the sweat-shop grapevine.

    In my day it would have been a violation of NCAA rules to even feed walk-ons.

    But I didn't suffer, living within walking/running distance of the campus in Ravenna, my mom fed me well.

    What can I say, I'm a mommy's boy.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1208
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:23 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:I can't even imagine what gourmet offerings are being supplied through the sweat-shop grapevine.

    In my day it would have been a violation of NCAA rules to even feed walk-ons.

    But I didn't suffer, living within walking/running distance of the campus in Ravenna, my mom fed me well.

    What can I say, I'm a mommy's boy.



    Sometimes, Dome, you remind me of a few dudes from Webzone...
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2074
    Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:57 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:25 pm
  • The_Z_Man wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:I can't even imagine what gourmet offerings are being supplied through the sweat-shop grapevine.

    In my day it would have been a violation of NCAA rules to even feed walk-ons.

    But I didn't suffer, living within walking/running distance of the campus in Ravenna, my mom fed me well.

    What can I say, I'm a mommy's boy.



    Sometimes, Dome, you remind me of a few dudes from Webzone...


    I take it that is a dig, but it's lost on me as I don't know what you are referring to.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1208
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:52 am
  • I think this common interest forum sometimes losses track of who we are. We are not experts or elite professionals. We are volunteers who follow that which we are passionate about as amateurs.

    As we follow along, good sportsmanship is as valuable to us as it is to those participating in instructional sports. We strive to understand and learn about that which we follow one day at a time. Along with the need to remain on topic, there is a need to call for improvement from participants displaying poor sportsmanship.

    Poor sportsmanship sows the seeds for interpersonal conflict and hijacked threads. Good sportsmanship insulates us from such noise.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 8297
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:17 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    The_Z_Man wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:I can't even imagine what gourmet offerings are being supplied through the sweat-shop grapevine.

    In my day it would have been a violation of NCAA rules to even feed walk-ons.

    But I didn't suffer, living within walking/running distance of the campus in Ravenna, my mom fed me well.

    What can I say, I'm a mommy's boy.



    Sometimes, Dome, you remind me of a few dudes from Webzone...


    I take it that is a dig, but it's lost on me as I don't know what you are referring to.



    It's not meant to be a dig, it's an observation.

    There are some posters on Webzone who hate the Seahawks and Russell Wilson so much, that it's driven them to extreme lengths, they will go to the ends of the earth to take a giant dump on Wilson, distort any reality, spin every story to put in a "Wilson sucks angle."

    I'm not saying you're that bad, but if I, as a Husky fan who actually hates the Ducks, sometimes feel that you go out of your way to piss on every positive thing that happens for the Ducks, to put a negative spin on it -- it's bad enough that I only imagine how it must feel to actual Ducks fans.

    This isn't a Husky forum, it's a Seahawks forum, and those Duck fans are not your enemy fanbase here, they in fact your fellow Seahawks fans.

    JSeahawks, especially has worked very hard on the recruiting forums for years, he always brings good news and even though he hates the Dawgs, he tries to keep his bias in check to give accurate scouting info, something I as a Husky fan greatly appreciate and respect. He does not spin off into negative speculation just for the sake of it.

    I come to this part of the forum mainly to read what he has to say, I respect him that much. I've never felt he's gone out of his way to take a piss on my team with some baseless speculation, he checks his sources and tries his best to withhold biases. That's the way to act, IMO.

    You're at your best when talking about Husky stuff, but not so great when it comes to the Ducks. Maybe, instead of putting a negative spin on some of their recruiting posts... you can channel some of that energy into digging into more Husky stuff to be positive about.

    Not meant to be a condemnation, not telling you to act, or how to be, just saying the way I see it as a Husky fan.

    When people are either negative or positive about their own teams, you tend to learn things.

    When people are positive about other teams than their own, you tend to learn even more.

    When people are negative about other fans teams, it's usually biased bunk.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2074
    Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:57 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:47 pm
  • The_Z_Man wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    The_Z_Man wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:I can't even imagine what gourmet offerings are being supplied through the sweat-shop grapevine.

    In my day it would have been a violation of NCAA rules to even feed walk-ons.

    But I didn't suffer, living within walking/running distance of the campus in Ravenna, my mom fed me well.

    What can I say, I'm a mommy's boy.



    Sometimes, Dome, you remind me of a few dudes from Webzone...


    I take it that is a dig, but it's lost on me as I don't know what you are referring to.



    It's not meant to be a dig, it's an observation.

    There are some posters on Webzone who hate the Seahawks and Russell Wilson so much, that it's driven them to extreme lengths, they will go to the ends of the earth to take a giant dump on Wilson, distort any reality, spin every story to put in a "Wilson sucks angle."

    I'm not saying you're that bad, but if I, as a Husky fan who actually hates the Ducks, sometimes feel that you go out of your way to piss on every positive thing that happens for the Ducks, to put a negative spin on it -- it's bad enough that I only imagine how it must feel to actual Ducks fans.

    This isn't a Husky forum, it's a Seahawks forum, and those Duck fans are not your enemy fanbase here, they in fact your fellow Seahawks fans.

    JSeahawks, especially has worked very hard on the recruiting forums for years, he always brings good news and even though he hates the Dawgs, he tries to keep his bias in check to give accurate scouting info, something I as a Husky fan greatly appreciate and respect. He does not spin off into negative speculation just for the sake of it.

    I come to this part of the forum mainly to read what he has to say, I respect him that much. I've never felt he's gone out of his way to take a piss on my team with some baseless speculation, he checks his sources and tries his best to withhold biases. That's the way to act, IMO.

    You're at your best when talking about Husky stuff, but not so great when it comes to the Ducks. Maybe, instead of putting a negative spin on some of their recruiting posts... you can channel some of that energy into digging into more Husky stuff to be positive about.

    Not meant to be a condemnation, not telling you to act, or how to be, just saying the way I see it as a Husky fan.

    When people are either negative or positive about their own teams, you tend to learn things.

    When people are positive about other teams than their own, you tend to learn even more.

    When people are negative about other fans teams, it's usually biased bunk.


    This is probably better discussed in PM's but since you have decided to air it publicly, let me respond. I read this forum for years before I ever joined. I am a Husky too, but on a much more personal level than others here, so when I saw J bashing the Huskies for years over here, I decided to join and give him a taste of his own medicine.

    Yes, this is a Seahawk's site but THIS is a NCAA forum BUT J knew that most Seattle fans live in the Seattle area AND are more likely to be Husky, or, Coug fans. Knowing that, he took full advantage to diss the Huskies especially, at every opportunity. For my money, that's trolling.

    If you really are reading my posts they are for the most part based in fact, not in hyperbole. I don't start threads based on what is at best a baseless rumor as in J's "Dysfunction at USC" or "Jimmy Lake is Interviewing at another school" designed to put a negative spin on a rival school right smack dab in the middle of recruiting season.

    J is playing nice right now in an effort to make me stop bashing his ducks so I will also, but he needs to stick to the facts and quit playing "insider." The thing he doesn't get when he posts information from a so-called insider is that the quickest way to stop being an insider IS to post inside information on the net. In fact, that's the quickest way to know that someone is NOT an insider.

    Having said all that, the owner of the site has requested that we ALL behave in a more sportsmanship manner and that is what I intend to do, but when someone posts spurious information I feel that I should have the right to respond.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1208
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:21 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:J is playing nice right now in an effort to make me stop bashing his ducks so I will also, but he needs to stick to the facts and quit playing "insider." The thing he doesn't get when he posts information from a so-called insider is that the quickest way to stop being an insider IS to post inside information on the net. In fact, that's the quickest way to know that someone is NOT an insider.


    I have never once pretended to be an insider. I just post information and rumors i read from other boards.

    The Jimmy Lake thing came straight from Dawgman. The USC thing came straight from a USC website. They werent even Duck led rumors.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24087
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:39 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:J is playing nice right now in an effort to make me stop bashing his ducks so I will also, but he needs to stick to the facts and quit playing "insider." The thing he doesn't get when he posts information from a so-called insider is that the quickest way to stop being an insider IS to post inside information on the net. In fact, that's the quickest way to know that someone is NOT an insider.


    I have never once pretended to be an insider. I just post information and rumors i read from other boards.

    The Jimmy Lake thing came straight from Dawgman. The USC thing came straight from a USC website. They werent even Duck led rumors.


    USC website? sc85sis replied to you: "That’s Scott Wolf’s blog. He is a USC alum who hates the football program. I actually have wondered if he got stuffed into a trash can by football players as a kid because he goes out of his way to rag on the team and has done so for years. He used to be a “reporter” for a couple different local newspapers but reportedly got fired last year." You posted that HE was an insider, he's about as NON-insider as you can get.

    As for the Jimmy Lake thing it was widely reported that was untrue in several publications at the very time you posted that AND you didn't post a link.

    https://realdawghuskies.com/jimmy-lake- ... are-false/

    The bigger issue is, what was your motivation in doing so?
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1208
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:49 pm
  • You're both valuable members here. But this shit is distracting and taking away from the topics here. Put each other on ignore, take it to PM's, the Shack or whatever you have to do. But enough of this back and forth between you two. You've been told multiple times and know better. Final warning before vacations are given without further notice. The rest is up to you.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5407
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:54 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:You're both valuable members here. But this shit is distracting and taking away from the topics here. Put each other on ignore, take it to PM's, the Shack or whatever you have to do. But enough of this back and forth between you two. You've been told multiple times and know better. Final warning before vacations are given without further notice. The rest is up to you.


    Sorry Kitsap, it was my intention to do this in PM's until Zman called me out publicly, I thought I should have the right to do that.

    I am hoping we are just hashing this out but yes, any further discussion will be off the board.

    Apologies.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1208
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:46 am
  • Sounds like there should be an announcement in the next day or two. It was believed when Leavitt was fired that Heyward would be the replacement. Supposedly it’s between him and a mystery candidate (believed to be Boise state DC Andy Avalo’s.... but not confirmed).

    Id be happy with either. Heyward has a ton of upside, but Avalos has already done it. Both are young and energetic which fits the mood of Oregon’s staff.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24087
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:54 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:Sounds like there should be an announcement in the next day or two. It was believed when Leavitt was fired that Heyward would be the replacement. Supposedly it’s between him and a mystery candidate (believed to be Boise state DC Andy Avalo’s.... but not confirmed).

    Id be happy with either. Heyward has a ton of upside, but Avalos has already done it. Both are young and energetic which fits the mood of Oregon’s staff.


    And Avalos it is. Hired away from BSU. Quality get, I just hope it doesnt cost us Heyward in a year or two.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24087
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:22 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Sounds like there should be an announcement in the next day or two. It was believed when Leavitt was fired that Heyward would be the replacement. Supposedly it’s between him and a mystery candidate (believed to be Boise state DC Andy Avalo’s.... but not confirmed).

    Id be happy with either. Heyward has a ton of upside, but Avalos has already done it. Both are young and energetic which fits the mood of Oregon’s staff.


    And Avalos it is. Hired away from BSU. Quality get, I just hope it doesnt cost us Heyward in a year or two.


    Sometimes I feel like Cristobal is reading my posts, hours after posting that Leavitt was the most overrated DC in the country, he was fired. Then, when I posted that as a high-rated defensive player recruit I wouldn't want to risk my career on a completely inexperienced/untested DC, he hired an experienced DC.

    But it's just common sense and I am disappointed that Cristobal is displaying some, lol.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1208
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:57 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    And Avalos it is. Hired away from BSU. Quality get, I just hope it doesnt cost us Heyward in a year or two.


    I am looking forward to how he utilizes KT! His use of DE's seems to be a great fit for his style. But, I am with you in regards to Heyward. I hope that he is either in line for DC when/if Avalos gets a HC position, or we are prepared with another up and comer to move into his role.

    I am happy with the move. I loved Leavitt in year one, but that is a unit that needed a shot of energy and Avalos has a great track record, especially for getting the most out of players.
    Allweatherfan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 110
    Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:14 pm


Jim Leavitt fired
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:05 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:J is playing nice right now in an effort to make me stop bashing his ducks so I will also, but he needs to stick to the facts and quit playing "insider." The thing he doesn't get when he posts information from a so-called insider is that the quickest way to stop being an insider IS to post inside information on the net. In fact, that's the quickest way to know that someone is NOT an insider.


    I have never once pretended to be an insider. I just post information and rumors i read from other boards.

    The Jimmy Lake thing came straight from Dawgman. The USC thing came straight from a USC website. They werent even Duck led rumors.


    USC website? sc85sis replied to you: "That’s Scott Wolf’s blog. He is a USC alum who hates the football program. I actually have wondered if he got stuffed into a trash can by football players as a kid because he goes out of his way to rag on the team and has done so for years. He used to be a “reporter” for a couple different local newspapers but reportedly got fired last year." You posted that HE was an insider, he's about as NON-insider as you can get.

    As for the Jimmy Lake thing it was widely reported that was untrue in several publications at the very time you posted that AND you didn't post a link.

    https://realdawghuskies.com/jimmy-lake- ... are-false/

    The bigger issue is, what was your motivation in doing so?


    Scott Wolf’s blog IS a USC-related site. I never said otherwise. Wolf, as an alum and former beat writer, considers himself an insider and posts as such. The fact JSeahawks wasn’t aware of the backstory on Wolf is why I responded to J’s post. He saw something and mentioned it here—I just provided additional context.
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6906
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:40 am
    Location: Southern CA


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:03 am
  • sc85sis wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:J is playing nice right now in an effort to make me stop bashing his ducks so I will also, but he needs to stick to the facts and quit playing "insider." The thing he doesn't get when he posts information from a so-called insider is that the quickest way to stop being an insider IS to post inside information on the net. In fact, that's the quickest way to know that someone is NOT an insider.


    I have never once pretended to be an insider. I just post information and rumors i read from other boards.

    The Jimmy Lake thing came straight from Dawgman. The USC thing came straight from a USC website. They werent even Duck led rumors.


    USC website? sc85sis replied to you: "That’s Scott Wolf’s blog. He is a USC alum who hates the football program. I actually have wondered if he got stuffed into a trash can by football players as a kid because he goes out of his way to rag on the team and has done so for years. He used to be a “reporter” for a couple different local newspapers but reportedly got fired last year." You posted that HE was an insider, he's about as NON-insider as you can get.

    As for the Jimmy Lake thing it was widely reported that was untrue in several publications at the very time you posted that AND you didn't post a link.

    https://realdawghuskies.com/jimmy-lake- ... are-false/

    The bigger issue is, what was your motivation in doing so?


    Scott Wolf’s blog IS a USC-related site. I never said otherwise. Wolf, as an alum and former beat writer, considers himself an insider and posts as such. The fact JSeahawks wasn’t aware of the backstory on Wolf is why I responded to J’s post. He saw something and mentioned it here—I just provided additional context.


    He may report on USC but in no way is his blog connected to USC. And, he may consider himself an insider but, as you mention, "he goes out of his way to rag on the team." That makes him an insider?
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1208
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Jim Leavitt fired
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:36 am
  • The blog is literally named USC Insider. If you’re not a Trojans fan (which I feel safe saying JSeahawks is not), you wouldn’t know the history. Stop trying to twist what I posted to make a point about someone else. I wasn’t calling JSeahawks out—I was providing info to which he wasn’t privy.
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6906
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:40 am
    Location: Southern CA


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:20 pm
  • sc85sis wrote:The blog is literally named USC Insider. If you’re not a Trojans fan (which I feel safe saying JSeahawks is not), you wouldn’t know the history. Stop trying to twist what I posted to make a point about someone else. I wasn’t calling JSeahawks out—I was providing info to which he wasn’t privy.


    I'm not twisting anything, your post was plain enough, and I copied and pasted it as such.

    I was calling J out, it was in combination with another post where he made another post claiming Jimmy Lake was being interviewed by Alabama when it had been all over the net that it never happened days before he posted.

    We've hashed this out enough, I don't know why you are upset, you are the one that called out the veracity of the blogger's motivation.

    But yeah, you make the post and then blame it on me, too funny.

    https://247sports.com/college/usc/Board ... t-5659182/
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1208
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:34 am

Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:14 am

Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:27 am
  • 51dsuf9NrlL.jpg
    51dsuf9NrlL.jpg (33.46 KiB) Viewed 117 times
    Allweatherfan wrote:I quickly learned to ignore, if it isn't a rah rah dawgs post he twists it.


    Lol, uh yeah, I went to UDub, played sports at UDub, was married to a UDub alum, work in Seattle, live in the Seattle suburbs, AND this site is "The Voice of Seattle Football."

    Are you starting to get a picture here? LOL.

    And, I don't twist anything, unlike others here, I deal in FACTS.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1208
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:47 am
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    51dsuf9NrlL.jpg
    Allweatherfan wrote:I quickly learned to ignore, if it isn't a rah rah dawgs post he twists it.


    Lol, uh yeah, I went to UDub, played sports at UDub, was married to a UDub alum, work in Seattle, live in the Seattle suburbs, AND this site is "The Voice of Seattle Football."

    Are you starting to get a picture here? LOL.

    And, I don't twist anything, unlike others here, I deal in FACTS.


    Cheer isn't a sport though.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3372
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:45 am
  • CPHawk wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    51dsuf9NrlL.jpg
    Allweatherfan wrote:I quickly learned to ignore, if it isn't a rah rah dawgs post he twists it.


    Lol, uh yeah, I went to UDub, played sports at UDub, was married to a UDub alum, work in Seattle, live in the Seattle suburbs, AND this site is "The Voice of Seattle Football."

    Are you starting to get a picture here? LOL.

    And, I don't twist anything, unlike others here, I deal in FACTS.


    Cheer isn't a sport though.


    And which community college did you flunk out of?
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1208
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:28 pm
  • Well we are way of topic now.

    Locked pending review.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 8297
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


Re: Jim Leavitt fired
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:09 pm
  • This again...

    DomeHawk wrote:
    51dsuf9NrlL.jpg
    Allweatherfan wrote:I quickly learned to ignore, if it isn't a rah rah dawgs post he twists it.


    Lol, uh yeah, I went to UDub, played sports at UDub, was married to a UDub alum, work in Seattle, live in the Seattle suburbs, AND this site is "The Voice of Seattle Football."

    Are you starting to get a picture here? LOL.

    And, I don't twist anything, unlike others here, I deal in FACTS.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 14575
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am




It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:54 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: jammerhawk and 38 guests