John Schneider

toffee

Reaction score
mistaowen":392oix7o said:
toffee":392oix7o said:
Come on again, WHO was the guy in your mind that drafted RW?

[youtube]u7Zs8v3EIcQ[/youtube]

On this video, John Scheider 'discovered' Wilson during his scouting trip to Wisconsin and sold him to he organization.

I'm guessing he is implying Scot McCloughan

Let him speak for himself, he pointed a finger and now has gone hiding.

Largent80

Reaction score
Atradees":8ddxx72s said:
We have really enjoyed your years of service. Clear out your area of any personal belongings. Please leave your door pass at the front desk. Thank you.

Well Atradees enjoy your Putz of the year award. You earned it. Now a trip to the White House is your reward.

Tical21

Reaction score
I'm interested though....what would you have done with our four picks? Who did you want?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Atradees":3pu6pvfk said:
Worst draft in years. It speaks for itself. Or it will. I have to believe he didn't pick Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor or the rest. This is all some fraud being portrayed upon us. The tru driving force behind our superbowls was somebody else.

Whatever?

Worst draft in years? According to who? We still are waiting upon your picks that he could have made to have made this a good draft in your view?

Please stop smoking whatever it is that is causing your conspiracy theories.

He took 4 picks available to him when the offseason started, traded for a first to give him 5, then converted those 5 picks into 10 and then finally acquired a potential slot WR by trading away a 2020 6th to wind up with 11 picks. I think he was lights out amazing and if the team contends this season for the Lombardi deserves consideration for executive of the year.

Clearly you must have missed the extreme needs at various spots of the roster. I completely disagree with your post. Suspect you thought the draft that acquired Chancellor and Sherman or Wilson and Wagner were terrible too.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Yxes1122":22vvdtge said:
The biggest misconception with fans is that the draft is a talent ranking. That first round is more talented than the second and they will quote evidence over the years that “proves” this. It doesn’t. The draft is generally about risk management and opportunity. For example, if a team is investing millions of dollars (including jerseys and marketing etc) into a first round pick, they want lower risk players. This is why a guy like Daniel Jones goes number six. Talent-wise I think he was a terrible QB, but the media loved him and he says the right things and he looks the part. So Gettleman can go to his owner when/if it blows up and say “Look no one saw this coming. He was a consensus first rounder.”

Secondly, first and second round picks get more reps, get more chances to fail etc. A great example is Dion Jordan. Would anyone care about Dion Jordan given his past if he wasn’t the #3 overall pick? What about Luke Joekal? Or Trent Richardson? This happens all the time. Draft slot gives more opportunity. Not only because jobs are usually on the line if they don’t succeed, but also because teams trading for them or signing them later can easily justify the investment to management.

One of the reasons John and Pete do well in later rounds is they aren’t held to a standard of “Your first pick needs to be a star that we can market and make money on.” They can look at a guy they like and take him. And Pete’s philosophy opens the door for more later round guys to succeed.

Whining about a draft (and believe me I’ve been there) is wasted effort. So long as a team is showing consistent vision (which Seattle lost when the roster was stacked with talent) it’s a better draft than most teams. Seattle’s last two drafts have shown consistent vision. Doesn’t mean it will work, it just means there’s a plan. And that’s what’s important.

Bumping an interesting thread to check how we were feeling about the 2019 draft over a season later, and to highlight the comment I've quoted above.

This is one of my favorite posts ever made on this board.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
2019 was an abjectly crappy draft. Full of reaches and failed attempts to plug holes. So much so that we ended up doubling down and spending high draft capital and multiple 2020 picks in a 2nd failed attempt to fix the DE position. And ultimately had to burn 2 additional first round picks (Adams), Bradley McDougald and a 5th round pick (Diggs) in addition to the 2019 2nd to adequately address the safety position.

If you factor in that we also 'traded' Frank Clark, another third round pick and Jacob Martin (Clowney) to get that lousy result -- it's even worse.

It's the grossest example of drafting for need and why it's ridiculously stupid. It's almost guaranteed to result in not only not solving (as opposed to addressing) need, but also inviting roster decay by not preemptively solving short/medium term needs just around the corner.

Solving != addressing. Addressing may as well be answering "C" to every question on a test. And all one needs to do to evaluate that draft, is to consider the massive/costly moves made in the 12 months since that draft at those positions to see how Pete/John considered it.

DK saved that draft sort of. Much like Damian Lewis will save this one. Just like Will Dissly and Jacob Martn saved the 2018 draft.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1dqi3bs5 said:
2019 was an abjectly crappy draft. Full of reaches and failed attempts to plug holes. So much so that we ended up doubling down and spending high draft capital and multiple 2020 picks in a 2nd failed attempt to fix the DE position. And ultimately had to burn 2 additional first round picks (Adams), Bradley McDougald and a 5th round pick (Diggs) in addition to the 2019 2nd to adequately address the safety position.

If you factor in that we also 'traded' Frank Clark, another third round pick and Jacob Martin (Clowney) to get that lousy result -- it's even worse.

It's the grossest example of drafting for need and why it's ridiculously stupid. It's almost guaranteed to result in not only not solving (as opposed to addressing) need, but also inviting roster decay by not preemptively solving short/medium term needs just around the corner.

Solving != addressing. Addressing may as well be answering "C" to every question on a test. And all one needs to do to evaluate that draft, is to consider the massive/costly moves made in the 12 months since that draft at those positions to see how Pete/John considered it.

DK saved that draft sort of. Much like Damian Lewis will save this one. Just like Will Dissly and Jacob Martn saved the 2018 draft.

While I agree that the draft didn't immediately fill some pretty large roster holes, I'm not sure I can call it call it crappy.

Collier is coming along in his first healthy action, Blair was really blossoming in his nickel role before his unfortunate injury, and DK Metcalf is going to be a star for years to come. Ugo Amadi is also playing very well. Homer is a decent third down back in our new look pass-centric offense, and BBK has been a decent special teamer. Cody Barton is a role player who has been improving, but his play has been ridiculously polarizing. Some are raving, some are very down. Personally, I think he's showing a lot of promise in coverage.

To me, this draft is actually looking a lot better this year than it was last year.

sdog1981

Reaction score
7 of the 10 players are contributors on the team. DK could be a once in a generation game-changing talent, that alone changes the entire dynamic of the draft.

sc85sis

Reaction score
About half of the draft class is starting or contributing in one way or another (that includes Blair who looked great before having to go on IR). I can’t call that a failure.

toffee

Reaction score
John traded UP and drafted Metcalf, who is at least a probowler at this point, might even receive all pro consideration. heck, if he keeps on playing the way he has been for 12 years? He will be a hall of famer

How often GM drafts a HOF?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

StevenPeterson

Reaction score
4_1_6":1elljxam said:
I look at the Giants and think, this front office would have KILLED it with that much draft capital.

The same ones who are mad about today, are the same ones who were upset when we took viasil results posted here a guy named Bobby Wagner or long lanky guy named Richard Sherman. I hope they grab another WR in the next couple picks just in case the Doug news is legit.

In June 2018, a judge ordered Schneider to spend three days in jail after he failed to pay Castle $150,000 in temporary spousal support. However, Schneider spent less than a day behind bars because the prison was overcrowded. Still, he was ordered to serve 240 hours of community service.

chris98251

Reaction score
StevenPeterson":1y96a9to said:
4_1_6":1y96a9to said:
I look at the Giants and think, this front office would have KILLED it with that much draft capital.

The same ones who are mad about today, are the same ones who were upset when we took a guy named Bobby Wagner or long lanky guy named Richard Sherman. I hope they grab another WR in the next couple picks just in case the Doug news is legit.

In June 2018, a judge ordered Schneider to spend three days in jail after he failed to pay Castle $150,000 in temporary spousal support. However, Schneider spent less than a day behind bars because the prison was overcrowded. Still, he was ordered to serve 240 hours of community service.

WTF is this?

sutz

Reaction score
No link. Prolly some OAN crap. Why he resurrected this old thread to post that is beyond me.

:|

Latest posts