The 2020 Recruiting thread

goseahawks2012

Reaction score
UW gets a commitment from 4 star TE Mark Redman. Was a big target for UW considering they didn't take a TE last year.

D

DomeHawk

IndyHawk":1qwy3t38 said:
goseahawks2012":1qwy3t38 said:
JSeahawks":1qwy3t38 said:
Ducks get a commitment from Peter Latu, 3 star olb from Bethel High School in Spanaway, Washington. I'm kind of surprised that they actually took a commitment from him this early in the cycle, but it must mean the coaches really like him.

He a athletic kid with really good size for a linebacker. Only problem are his grades which is why UW hasn't offered. If he can get his schoolwork in order then I think Oregon got a steal.

Is UW's academic standards higher than OU's?
I really don't know..I know some schools allow a lower
gpa for football than for just a student..

Yes, in general and for football. Oregon has an acceptance rate of 74% while UW is much more selective at 46% (this is for the general student body). Average SAT's are much lower at Oregon also.

https://www.thoughtco.com/sat-scores-fo ... ges-788660

https://www.thoughtco.com/sat-scores-fo ... ges-788664

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Wanted to post in the 2019 thread, but unfortunately it's locked. As this is also relevant to the 2020 cycle, here it is.

Interesting winds a blowing at Mater Dei. One of the best Corner backs in the 2020 class, Elias Ricks has left Mater Dei and is attempting to reclassify and join the class of 2019. Presently Ricks is unclear, due to transferring credits, if he can reclassify. Complicating issues He's committed to LSU but they may not have space available for him to enroll.

If he reclassifies will he be able to go to LSU, will he commit to another school (Fight On!!!) or will he sit out a year?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
So on some of the message boards, there is a lot of talk that some of Oregon's and possibly coaches of other schools in the P12 are telling recruits that Chris Petersen is racist and laying out circumstantial evidence to support it. And that this is why Smalls dropped Washington.

If so, that is some of lowest, scummiest recruiting tactics I have ever seen. That's worse than giving them a suitcase stuffed with cash.

If true, then it's sad that more recruits and their families don't recognize how much more it says about the coaches who are telling them that, and knowing to stay away.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
fenderbender123":131in7fd said:
So on some of the message boards, there is a lot of talk that some of Oregon's and possibly coaches of other schools in the P12 are telling recruits that Chris Petersen is racist and laying out circumstantial evidence to support it. And that this is why Smalls dropped Washington.

If so, that is some of lowest, scummiest recruiting tactics I have ever seen. That's worse than giving them a suitcase stuffed with cash.

If true, then it's sad that more recruits and their families don't recognize how much more it says about the coaches who are telling them that, and knowing to stay away.

I'm sure UW would neeeeeeeeever resort to any sort of negative recruiting. :roll:

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Yeah I get it. No program has ever been historically perfectly clean. I am obviously being hyperbolic because I am a Husky fan.

But those alleged accusations are 100% bullshit. If you want to call out a program for something that is true, fine. But don't make shit up.

D

DomeHawk

dutchcoug":ccp3sky2 said:
fenderbender123":ccp3sky2 said:

I'm sure UW would neeeeeeeeever resort to any sort of negative recruiting. :roll:

It isn't negative recruiting if it's true, that's not what we are talking about here. Chris Petersen has one of the best reputations in the country in recruiting.

And, lol, UW doesn't have to "resort" to anything to out-recruit the cougs.

chris98251

Reaction score
If he was a racist don't ya think the 80 percent plus of non white's on the team would have said something by now or filed for transfer. The NCAA and Pac 12 Chairman should punish the accuser of this or who leaked the story, College Sports don't need this and most of all Pederson.

But when your on top they will try anything and stoop as low as they can to try to beat a program if they can't beat you on the field.

CPHawk

Reaction score
What's a worse rumor. UO saying OKG is racist, which was started by lil Kim and Ruth, or the rumor for years that Peterson is a scientologist?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3gt2g6nm said:
dutchcoug":3gt2g6nm said:
fenderbender123":3gt2g6nm said:

It isn't negative recruiting if it's true, that's not what we are talking about here. Chris Petersen has one of the best reputations in the country in recruiting.

Focusing on another programs negatives is "negative recruiting"
Its also small and petty

Lying is a whole other level of awful though

D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":2dp96k1i said:
DomeHawk":2dp96k1i said:
dutchcoug":2dp96k1i said:
fenderbender123":2dp96k1i said:

Focusing on another programs negatives is "negative recruiting"
Its also small and petty

Lying is a whole other level of awful though

I think CP is head and shoulders above most programs when it comes to recruiting but I guess it depends on what your criteria for focusing on another teams "negatives." For instance, you are from one team that has a rep for developing a certain position and you point out that your recruiting rival hasn't developed anybody in that position in many years or that there's a logjam at that position and your chance of getting your shot is slim. I mean there's always going to be that kind of stuff.

But if you are spreading rumors that a certain position coach or coordinator is leaving when it simply isn't true or that CP is racist or anything like that, THAT is dirty recruiting.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Why point it out at all?
Have the confidence to focus on your strengths.

But yeah... outright lying is some bottom level bullshit

Anajimmc

Reaction score
If other programs aren't negative recruiting you, you're nothing to worry about. Welcome to the bigs.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2sa76x60 said:
Why point it out at all?

Except that ruth made this up.

goseahawks2012

Reaction score
CPHawk":1joiwfbl said:
Uncle Si":1joiwfbl said:
Why point it out at all?

Except that ruth made this up.

No she didn't. I talked to Savell mom who told me before all this got out that he eliminated Washington because he felt there weren't enough inner city black kids on the team. This all started from Joey Thomas the garfield head coach who coached Savell the last two years. Joey has had a grudge against UW ever since he transferred out as a player. Oregon added on to this by having there players and coaches be in his ear about this his whole trip. At the end of the day he doesn't feel like he fits with UW and there's no problem with that. He's a great kid who will kill it wherever he goes.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Huskies have offered Gee Scott Jr. I don't get that one if he is a solid Ohio St committ already? Is there something i'm not aware of?