Do Not Sell My Personal Information

An unbiased list of potential RD-1 or RD-2 draftable CB's

Discuss your thoughts about anything College Football or NFL draft. Recruiting, Projections, and Mock drafts, Etc. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • NOTE: This post has been deleted 5/22/20, ------- this comes after multiple unprovoked attacks on me by the @$$h0le acer1240. I will never post here again. This site has officially gone to hell & I'll never return.
    Last edited by CamanoIslandJQ on Fri May 22, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• We just don't draft CB's that high, I think it's about second payday and getting value and production early and a prove it type situation.

Look at who would be there from round three onward and that's who we start to look at.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I dunno, they might change up this year. I was thinking of starting a thread on what positions the Hawks need to Target in the draft. The only ones I can really see are OL and DB (mostly safety). So the simple lack of need could push a DB up into the draft plans. I would still think safety is more likely than CB, but CB could work too.

I should add that Dline could be a position of need as just like the Online I think so many bodies are needed it is always good to draft some players there but if theyamage to keep Ziggy and Clowney and resign Reed, they are pretty set there. Heck, Collier is a healthy scratch half the time.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• Safety is our biggest need right now. Maybe the young guys improve, but for our D to hum along we need a guy that can take away the deep ball, and also tackle.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• NOTE: This post has been deleted 5/22/20, ------- this comes after multiple unprovoked attacks on me by the @$$h0le acer1240. I will never post here again. This site has officially gone to hell & I'll never return.
    Last edited by CamanoIslandJQ on Fri May 22, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• This draft is really quite loaded with CB prospects. Not necessarily guys rated in the top 30 overall either. But there are many quality starters to be had in day two in this group.

The safety class is pretty suck though. In this class, Blair is probably in the top 3 safety prospects. Not a ringing endorsement considering he's been a healthy scratch all year on a team that is frankly not good at safety. So there isn't anything holding him back from a roster/depth standpoint.

Best bet is to fire up a trade for an existing safety in the league.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Attyla the Hawk wrote:This draft is really quite loaded with CB prospects. Not necessarily guys rated in the top 30 overall either. But there are many quality starters to be had in day two in this group.

The safety class is pretty suck though. In this class, Blair is probably in the top 3 safety prospects. Not a ringing endorsement considering he's been a healthy scratch all year on a team that is frankly not good at safety. So there isn't anything holding him back from a roster/depth standpoint.

Best bet is to fire up a trade for an existing safety in the league.

If Jets continue to be awful I would love to get Jamal Adams, especially since he doesn't sound happy to be there anymore. I think at minimum one safety spot and one CB spot need to be upgraded, whether that's Blair stepping in, a trade, or use the army of draft picks on secondary.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Last edited by CamanoIslandJQ on Fri May 22, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• Paulson Adebo 2nd rd seems nice.

Will there be many OL and pass rushers to choose from in the first couple rounds?

OL, pass rusher and CB with the 1st and two 2nds seems ideal.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• DE or DT will be our 1st pick if we keep it. There's a potential that Reed, Clowney, Ansah and Jefferson could all leave after the year. You might say it's are biggest need even if they all came back.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:We just don't draft CB's that high, I think it's about second payday and getting value and production early and a prove it type situation.

Look at who would be there from round three onward and that's who we start to look at.

Passing on first round CB's is not sound drafting there to important in today's NFL.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Last edited by CamanoIslandJQ on Fri May 22, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• CamanoIslandJQ wrote:I have the feeling that the Seahawks will look at the veteran FA options for the OL (and DL) this year. The reason being that freshly drafted OL guys are tough to come by with many coming from college spread offenses, if they are truly good players, they typically have to be developed over their first couple of years, while veteran FA's can be "plug and play". Plus NFL tape is available to study. If they select OL in the draft, the most likely hole to fill is the replacement of Britt at center, I could see potential for a Rd-2/3/4 selection there. Perhaps Ruiz? Or Hennessy? OG and/or OT could also be a mid to late round option, but for "starters" I'd say ------> spend some of that damned $90-million +/- cap money on the trenches (both OL & DL).

Have to see who is there, but that has been our bread and butter if we need a plug and play guys, Clowney, Iupati, Fluker, going back farther with Avril, Bennett and Clemons. We will draft some guys but use F.A. a lot to plug deficiencies.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Last edited by CamanoIslandJQ on Fri May 22, 2020 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• The thing I like about Lenoir-Rhyne is one is he going to be invited to the combine, if not Chris Carson type drop, he at the very least would be a great special teams guy with his speed and size, his upside is a Kam type enforcer, chances are small school he will also drop to the 4th and or 5th round where I would grab him.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Jeremy Chinn S S.ILL. 6'3" 208 could be a good mid to late draft pick. I liiked what I seen of him. Just saying.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

• CamanoIslandJQ wrote:IMO- Bfyce Hall, Paulson Adebo & C J Henderson are all worthy 2-nd round Seahawk picks & IIIRC-Blair was a 2-nd round DB pick last draft, so why not a CB? Hall in particular looks to not be in any top 50 lists and could be available when the Hawks pick in Rd-2, Henderson could go a bit earlier than that and Adebo perhaps slightly later.

With the way JS trades down, he will likely have several picks in the 25-60 area and could very well use a 2-nd on Hall as an outside CB or Henderson as a slot CB, not far behind them is Adebo who could maybe go in Rd-2./3 and all three of these guys have decent stats and would add some very good competition to the defensive backfield.

If it were me doing the drafting, I'd take any of the 3 with Henderson being a bit more of a need at slot CB (he also plays outside), and is a bit more of a "ball hawk", but either of the other two would be fine also. For those saying we don't pick CB's high, would your opinion change if either of the starters were IR'ed? It is predominately a passing league and the CB's are more important than ever in today;s NFL.

I have to agree, Flowers ain't cuttin' it...I like the hell out of the guy, but he was the weakest kink in 2019...time to shift gears, & find a long & lanky Corner to cover opposite of Shaquille.
    Offenses picked on Flowers, cause they knew that he couldn't cover without drawing flags.
    B-Wags & Wright were forced to abandon the intermediate to try and help him....It was a lose- lose for our Defensive strategies.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Between Diggs and Blair i hope were set at Saftey for a couple more years. I don't mind if Mcdougal starts next year but the future is Diggs and Blair. As for CB, Bryce Hall was a 10 ten pick before his injury, seems like a good trade down from 27 pick.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Need DB’s that play the ball from day one.

No more projects.

I want players that will make immediate contributions.
    No more “we think this player can help us down the line in a year” types.
    Got enough of those already.

Would draft DB’s and DL like there is no tomorrow. Throw them in with the 2019 guys and let em compete.

Pick up a solid RB or 2 as well.

Try to address other team needs thru FA or trades.

Re-Sign Clowney and get him help.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Reggie Robinson III tulsa
    titan3131
    NET Veteran

• Chawker wrote:Jeremy Chinn S S.ILL. 6'3" 208 could be a good mid to late draft pick. I liiked what I seen of him. Just saying.

I like him a ton. Even if he is reached for at 64.

On paper, his size looks inviting. But he's very quick too. Even lines up as a nickel/slot cover guy. But for us, I see him as a guy who matches up well with elite level TEs. We face these with regularity. He's a unique player that can fill a very valuable, and unique role.

titan3131 wrote:Reggie Robinson III tulsa

Seconded.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Attyla the Hawk wrote:
    Chawker wrote:Jeremy Chinn S S.ILL. 6'3" 208 could be a good mid to late draft pick. I liiked what I seen of him. Just saying.

I like him a ton. Even if he is reached for at 64.

On paper, his size looks inviting. But he's very quick too. Even lines up as a nickel/slot cover guy. But for us, I see him as a guy who matches up well with elite level TEs. We face these with regularity. He's a unique player that can fill a very valuable, and unique role.

titan3131 wrote:Reggie Robinson III tulsa

Seconded.

What I liked about Chinn,is his ability to range over and help a cornner when the pass is perfectly placed, saving the day on a long pass play. His cat like skills.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

• Jeff Gladney is intriguing too, don't know if he'll have the measureable but he can cover.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Based off the numbers, I'd take Paulson Adebo. To have those stats in 18 games is incredible.
    12AngryHawks
    NET Starter

• 12AngryHawks wrote:Based off the numbers, I'd take Paulson Adebo. To have those stats in 18 games is incredible.

Have to wait until 2021. He's returning to school.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

• I’m on the Yetur Gross-Matos train. Please draft him!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dopeboy206
    NET Veteran

• dopeboy206 wrote:I’m on the Yetur Gross-Matos train. Please draft him!!!

At Cornerback?
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:
    dopeboy206 wrote:I’m on the Yetur Gross-Matos train. Please draft him!!!

At Cornerback?
    Oh wait didn’t see this was a CB thread my bad lol

dopeboy206
    NET Veteran

• Attyla the Hawk wrote:
    12AngryHawks wrote:Based off the numbers, I'd take Paulson Adebo. To have those stats in 18 games is incredible.

In that case I would choose either Henderson or Dantzler then, if they are entering the draft.
    12AngryHawks
    NET Starter

• 12AngryHawks wrote:
    Attyla the Hawk wrote:
    12AngryHawks wrote:Based off the numbers, I'd take Paulson Adebo. To have those stats in 18 games is incredible.

In that case I would choose either Henderson or Dantzler then, if they are entering the draft.

Dantzler is an interesting prospect. Watching film on him is a little difficult since he wasn't really tested at all. I was shocked that Alabama pretty much threw at him only twice. His run support against Alabama was not really there as he seemed uninterested in tackling, but he later was supporting very well against LSU. The catches he allowed against LSU were small gains on short routes. There was no video for him against Auburn, where he made only one tackle. If the best teams in the SEC avoid throwing to his side, he will not last until our first round pick.
    BASF
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:02 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT ]

Information