Do Not Sell My Personal Information

College football 2020?

Discuss your thoughts about anything College Football or NFL draft. Recruiting, Projections, and Mock drafts, Etc. LANGUAGE: PG-13
College football 2020?
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:24 pm
  • Is the season going to happen and if so when?

Wonder if the scouts will be able to assess these guys well?
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Re: College football 2020?
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:46 am
  • jammerhawk wrote:Is the season going to happen and if so when?

Wonder if the scouts will be able to assess these guys well?

Sounds like the big D1 conferences are going to give it a go within their conference.

I think D2’s in certain conferences have cancelled (see Central wash)
    While other D2 teams (Montana schools etc) are going to give it a go.

I think the local D3 schools have postponed their season until spring and are going with a possible shortened 4 game season in the spring.

A lot of the above may change as the Covid conditions change.
    I don’t think anything is written in stone.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:55 pm

Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:55 am
  • Big 12 and Pac 12 announcing they will cancel Fall, leaving Spring open, on Tuesday
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:59 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Big 12 and Pac 12 announcing they will cancel Fall, leaving Spring open, on Tuesday

Yep, according to Dan Patrick. Actually, it sounds like they are throwing in the towel for the entire season, not just fall.

"The Big Ten and Pac-12 Conferences will cancel their college football seasons on Tuesday due to the pandemic, according to a report from Dan Patrick. The Big Ten's university presidents and chancellors held a previously unscheduled meeting on Sunday night to vote, according to The Associated Press.2 hours ago"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamzagori ... 8c97d123c9
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:15 am
  • I think they will push to Spring once they get the plan in place.

Way too much money involved not to. But that means relying on TV money and other investments as its likely stadiums won't be full.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:31 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:I think they will push to Spring once they get the plan in place.

Way too much money involved not to. But that means relying on TV money and other investments as its likely stadiums won't be full.

You would think but I was just hearing on the news that ALL college football may be cancelled as the Power-5 schools are discussing that right now.

What a year.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:34 am
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:I think they will push to Spring once they get the plan in place.

You would think but I was just hearing on the news that ALL college football may be cancelled as the Power-5 schools are discussing that right now.

What a year.

But just for the Fall... at the moment. The verbiage is rather ambiguous.

They need football but it has to be profitable, and cannot come at the expense of other sports.

Doesn't help that so many athletes are now opting our and challenging the NCAA on social issues.

They're in trouble. Status quo in jeopardy
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:56 pm
  • The Detroit Free Press said Big 10 was cancelled. Patrick said Pac 12 would be and I think that's also true.

I haven't heard of one major university in California even bringing its students back full-time. It's either all online or largely online for undergraduates, so how you expect them to play games when no one else has to even be on campus, I predict, won't really fly.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:02 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:The Detroit Free Press said Big 10 was cancelled. Patrick said Pac 12 would be and I think that's also true.

I haven't heard of one major university in California even bringing its students back full-time. It's either all online or largely online for undergraduates, so how you expect them to play games when no one else has to even be on campus, I predict, won't really fly.

Well for one thing, no one has to be on campus if it is a TV only game. I think the plan is to see what spring looks like before officially cancelling that too. But who knows, it's confusing and very fluid.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:17 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:The Detroit Free Press said Big 10 was cancelled. Patrick said Pac 12 would be and I think that's also true.

Well for one thing, no one has to be on campus if it is a TV only game. I think the plan is to see what spring looks like before officially cancelling that too. But who knows, it's confusing and very fluid.

Liability is the issue, not safety. Notes from Big 10 meeting indicate many believe the kids are safer with their teams.

There will be much work put in to resolve the liability issue. SEC exploring that now.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:26 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:The Detroit Free Press said Big 10 was cancelled. Patrick said Pac 12 would be and I think that's also true.

Liability is the issue, not safety. Notes from Big 10 meeting indicate many believe the kids are safer with their teams.

There will be much work put in to resolve the liability issue. SEC exploring that now.

Okay, wasn't thinking about that initially but it's risk mgmt on steroids. Given that orgs typically err on the side of caution something is going to have to change before this goes forth.

Indemnity agreements aren't always ironclad.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:31 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:I think they will push to Spring once they get the plan in place.

What a year.

But just for the Fall... at the moment. The verbiage is rather ambiguous.

They need football but it has to be profitable, and cannot come at the expense of other sports.

Doesn't help that so many athletes are now opting our and challenging the NCAA on social issues.

They're in trouble. Status quo in jeopardy

I kind of like a break from the hype and greed
    that has gotten ahold of college football it's
    not the same game anymore.
    Maybe they can focus more on their education.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:43 pm
  • Big 10 revoting on their fall season.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:04 am
  • Think the Big 12 is rethinking their decision to play? :mrgreen: :twisted:
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:50 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Think the Big 12 is rethinking their decision to play? :mrgreen: :twisted:

Sounds like it. Thought we'd know by now
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:29 pm
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:42 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT ]

Information