Any prospects to watch today English, kearly, Shark, others?

pehawk

Reaction score
Any PC and JS type players to look out for in today's bowl lineup?

kearly

Reaction score
I just want to make something clear. I am not a draft expert. Rob is the guy to ask if you want to pick someone's brain with a wealth of knowledge. All I do is look at players one at a time, purely on a whim, and share thoughts on them when I feel they merit them. When James Carpenter was picked in 2011, I seriously had no idea who the hell he was. Which is kind of sad since Rob had placed Carpenter in several of his mocks.

So if you come to me with a random draft question, there's about a 95% chance I got nothing. When I do stumble across a nugget, I tend to post it the same day.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
There's tons of bowls today. Ohio vs OL-M, Rutgers (that WR, right) v VT and Minn v TTech.

I'm watching RA Bowl for the freak of nature English has pointed out playing WR for Rutgers.

Ivotuk pointed out the freak TE Cincy has.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Greene looks like a PC type. S/OLB hybrid type.

GCrow

Reaction score
Whats everyone's thoughts on Va Tech. WR Marcus Davis?

Consensus i've read on him is a freak athletically with great size and good hands but quite raw as a talent. He's a senior I believe so will be in draft and sounds like could blow up the combine Stephen Hill style. If we were to double down on receivers I wouldn't mind seein this guy taken in the 4th(ish) range and come along slow. Anyone watched this guy?

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Sorry I missed every bowl game. We don't have TV and we have dial up speed internet. First bowl season I've missed in 35 years, and it sucks. Luckily my brother let me come over and watch 2 hawk games, or I'd be on the brink right about now. Our house was supposed to be done 45 days after we finished design and paid for it. It's now been 30 days. Guess what? I drove by it three days ago and they haven't even dug the foundation hole. Somebody is going to get their ass chewed Wednesday morning at opening of business, because we were supposed to be out of here on January 15th. Now their estimate is April 1st. WHAT THE F_____________?! I can't live in this basement much longer. It's going to kill me. Must watch sports!

ivotuk

Reaction score
SharkHawk":2tpbqbuu said:
Sorry I missed every bowl game. We don't have TV and we have dial up speed internet. First bowl season I've missed in 35 years, and it sucks. Luckily my brother let me come over and watch 2 hawk games, or I'd be on the brink right about now. Our house was supposed to be done 45 days after we finished design and paid for it. It's now been 30 days. Guess what? I drove by it three days ago and they haven't even dug the foundation hole. Somebody is going to get their ass chewed Wednesday morning at opening of business, because we were supposed to be out of here on January 15th. Now their estimate is April 1st. WHAT THE F_____________?! I can't live in this basement much longer. It's going to kill me. Must watch sports!

There should be a contract Shark, unless there are no dates stipulated in it?

SharkHawk

Reaction score
It is a subdivision they are building. The contract states dates from certain events... like we have "10 days from signing to make changes, or we have to pay a $500 change fee", but everything is skewed their way for things like "We will make every EFFORT to do the following within x amount of days, but due to weather, permit issue dates, etc. things are beyond our control."

So we have to abide by very firm dates. They don't. We also are in the non-refundable portion, but they still haven't gotten permits from the city. The city we are moving to is so in love with building that you can walk in and hand in your drawings, and have a permit the same day. The architectural drawings weren't sent for 2 weeks after finalizing, and they claim it is within their rights because they had to make changes. There were no visible changes from the preliminary drawings to the final submitted drawings. They just prefer to not walk into the city. They'd rather fax things and wait forever for a response. I've gotten building permits in under 10 minutes before. It's too hard for D.R. Horton though, because they are a big national builder. They have everything in their favor. I never would have agreed to build with them, because I think they suck rocks, but it wasn't my decision. I was given paperwork and told to sign it. When you're down and out, you just do what you can to keep the peace, especially when the person who is asking you to sign forms is also the one who is making sure you stay alive by getting you to the hospital and getting your medications at the pharmacy, so whatever. D.R. Horton wins. I guarantee that anything that isn't absolutely perfect will get nitpicked to death until it's fixed. I'll go in once a week at least with a level, a tape measure, and our engineered drawings, and I'll be making sure everything is done exactly to plan, code, spec, etc. They are going to hate me, but I'm not letting them cookie cutter up a piece of junk that we'll be paying for over the next 20 years.