Menelik Watson

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Menelik Watson
Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:08 pm
  • This guy is getting a lot of attention as quite possibly the most athletic tackle in the draft in quite some time.

How much would you freak out if the Hawks took him at 25?
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Re: Menelik Watson
Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:21 pm
  • I would not freak out at all but I would be a little confused. I am always cool with upgrading lines as much as possible. It always start up front and your skilled players don't mean as much if your lines are not good.
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:27 pm
  • We have enough Brits around here already....

Actually i'd be quite satisfied with him. He's only been playing football for 2 or 3 years. Came to the United States on a basketball scholarship.

He was almost a Duck but chose Florida State instead.

If we fixed the d'line in free agency I would actually love to draft Watson at tackle and Kyle Long at guard. It would give us the most athletic o'line in the league by a large margin.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:03 pm
  • round 1 pick 25 best DT availble or Khaseem Green OLB rutgers
    round 2 Steadman Bailey wr
    round 3 Ricky Waggner OT
    round 4 Best TE still on the board
    round 5 ?
    round 6 ?
    round 7 Brandon Kaufmann wr Eastern washington
    osprey3263
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:36 am
  • Hmm, wears #71, plays offensive tackle for the Florida State Seminoles, extremely freakish athlete that saw his draft stock explode from nowhere into the first round around the time the combine happens...

Nope, lost it. I thought I remembered something. Must have been deja vu.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:41 am
  • I wouldn't freak out at all. To me it feels like we have five or six first round picks this year.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:55 am
  • They could take some kid I've never heard of or thought would go in the third round and I just no longer have the ground to stand on and say a damn word. I bet Smel Diaper says we have a great draft even if we take an aussie rules player from Southern Perth Tech in Rd 1, I'd just look for film and say I'll bet he is good. I would love it if they took a couple OLmen during the draft I want Jake Long OR and Patrick Lewis Texas A&M Of course a College tackle is fine too. Aparently Tom Cables a real good coach or something so please keep him happy, BTW how the hell did He not get interviewed for empty HC positions?
    "Go Hawks" Russlemainia
    Adopt a Rookie - Jackson Jeffcoat
    SeaHawk80
    NET Rookie

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:27 am
  • SeaHawk80 wrote:They could take some kid I've never heard of or thought would go in the third round and I just no longer have the ground to stand on and say a damn word. I bet Smel Diaper says we have a great draft even if we take an aussie rules player from Southern Perth Tech in Rd 1, I'd just look for film and say I'll bet he is good. I would love it if they took a couple OLmen during the draft I want Jake Long OR and Patrick Lewis Texas A&M Of course a College tackle is fine too. Aparently Tom Cables a real good coach or something so please keep him happy, BTW how the hell did He not get interviewed for empty HC positions?

I was going to say he must have burned some bridges, but I think punched down the bridges is more accurate.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:59 am
  • I was not aware of that. Although
    "The good news for Cable is that Oakland is probably the only place in the NFL where a coach can break the jaw of an assistant and earn respect of fans. "
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl,183399
    "Go Hawks" Russlemainia
    Adopt a Rookie - Jackson Jeffcoat
    SeaHawk80
    NET Rookie

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:18 pm
  • I'd be unhappy if we took him @25. However if the team did so they'd have a reason for doing so and would see Watson as being a starter. Kinda think he gets drafted in the 3rd rd. or later but OTs are always highly valued.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons.

What a special magical year!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:45 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information