Which WA Husky players can you see on the Hawks roster...

irocdave

Reaction score
The Dawg's have several defensive players that will make an impact on NFL rosters in 2015. Anyone else see Shelton as a Hawk draft pick? Kikaha is tearing it up also, dude seems like a Chris Clemons JR, and CB Chris Peters falls in to Pete's profile also. Shaq Thompson may be a year or two out, dude can flat out play ball. Linebacker or tailback...Lynch replacement?

Tical21

Reaction score
irocdave":24jfdbig said:
The Dawg's have several defensive players that will make an impact on NFL rosters in 2015. Anyone else see Shelton as a Hawk draft pick? Kikaha is tearing it up also, dude seems like a Chris Clemons JR, and CB Chris Peters falls in to Pete's profile also. Shaq Thompson may be a year or two out, dude can flat out play ball. Linebacker or tailback...Lynch replacement?
Shaq is coming out this year, isn't he? I don't think he profiles as a RB.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Shelton would be a great guy to develop behind Mebane, but he will be gone before we have an opportunity to take him.

Even though Kasen Williams is having a slow recovery from a leg injury, I think we should look to sign him as a free agent.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind Shelton or Thompson.. the rest... meh

kearly

Reaction score
Tical21":3a5srxx8 said:

I think the profiles just fine as an NFL RB. Look at what Denard Robinson and Jerrick McKinnon are doing right now, and they are both converted QBs (!).

Of course, Shaq the RB is a 3rd round pick. Shaq the "do everything" defensive player is a top 25 pick. So of course, he'll be drafted as a defensive player.

Hasselbeck":3a5srxx8 said:

Kikaha. Peters.

Not saying I want him for the Hawks, but Timu is pretty under-rated.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawknation2014":38t6ih4n said:
Shelton would be a great guy to develop behind Mebane, but he will be gone before we have an opportunity to take him.

Even though Kasen Williams is having a slow recovery from a leg injury, I think we should look to sign him as a free agent.

I won't be shocked if the big boy goes top 10-15. How many NTs lead their team in tackles? The man is a flat out menace to OCs. Unfortunately we (still) have other issues that will prevent us from even thinking about moving up...even if he's still there in the late teens. Unless, of course...we are too. Gulp.

Kasen. Man I feel bad for Kasen Williams. Last year, I felt with a strong performance this year, he could go as high aa late 3rd / early 4th. No later than late 5th.

But now? I hope he gets his once incredible athleticism back, but like yourself, I hope to see him inked the Monday following the draft. One thing is for sure, in this offense, behind these QBs, he is sure to fall under the radar of most.

HawkWow

Reaction score
kearly":2sy0yys8 said:
Tical21":2sy0yys8 said:

I think the profiles just fine as an NFL RB. Look at what Denard Robinson and Jerrick McKinnon are doing right now, and they are both converted QBs (!).

Of course, Shaq the RB is a 3rd round pick. Shaq the "do everything" defensive player is a top 25 pick. So of course, he'll be drafted as a defensive player.

Hasselbeck":2sy0yys8 said:

Peters and Kikaha are both studs IMO. I kinda like what I've seen from Budda Baker too, he's made some really nice plays for a true freshman.

I wouldn't be surprised if John Timu stuck in the NFL. He makes a lot of plays but doesn't get the hype.

Is it me or is Peters a bit less impressive this year from last? Still a stud, to be sure, but his body language sometimes suggests to me that he spent some time reading his own press during the off season. I could be wrong.

Kikaha is benefitting a ton from Shelton but just as I see Peters sometimes playing on reputation, I see the opposite in Kikaha.

The kid is just flat out balling and playing with a passion I'd not witnessed in him before. Really happy for him and his family. He is about to make serious bank.

Go Dawgs.

kearly

Reaction score
I think Kikaha is going to be a really nice 3rd round pick for some team. He's basically a super-charged version of Cassius Marsh. Kikaha would probably sneak into round one ala Whitney Mercilus if not for his injury history being what it is.

Shelton kind of reminds me of Vince Wilfork. He's a rare talent. That said, I think he has bupkis to do with with Kikaha's 30 sacks since the start of last season. Kikaha has made a long list of OL look like little boys. If anything I'd say it's Kikaha that's helped Shelton, as Shelton is a master of the cleanup sack.

You have to go back over a year to find the last time a team stopped Kikaha from getting a sack.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I see. So Kikaha would be just as good, if not better, without Danny Shelton. Interesting....

So what about Peters?

I don't think teams will be able to resist Kikaha if he remains healthy and on his current pace. I'll be very surprised if he sees the 3rd.

BTW, I do like the Wilfork comparison, if you're referring to Wilfork the 'cane more so than Wilfork the Pat.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't think Shelton is going to put up 8+ sack seasons at 340 pounds in the NFL. But I do think he will be a nasty SOB at 340 in the NFL who frustrates the crap out of OCs.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Where do you see him going in the draft, Kearly? Am I being too much of a homer thinking top 20?

Latest posts