Is this a crazy comparison?

pehawk

Reaction score
Is it crazy to draw comparisons between Chris Peterson's first year at UDub and Pete's first year with the Seahawks?

I see HC's who are/were winning despite players they'd never recruit/draft if given the choice. Each is square-pegging someone else players into their round holes in year one. Each seems to be managing their team well enough to still win despite their circumstances and lack of preferred resources.

Crazy?

XOXO

Rashaun Sheehee

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think he was a good hire. But I think the huskies will take another step backwards next year before they hopefully get back on the upswing. Going to lose a lot of talent, especially defensively. They lose pretty much their entire front 7 on defense and most of their o'line on offense. I think the 1st year comparison is fair bit it will be more interesting to see the years 2-5 comparison. Pete Carroll (and John Schneider) were masterful at restocking the roster, we'll see if Peterson can do the same. Im not overly impressed with his recruiting so far. also, I don't see any kellen moore's or even Jared zebanskies on the huskies roster, so he needs to find a qb. Browning might be the answer next year, but it will be tough for a freshman.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
pehawk":2evd7gu6 said:
Is it crazy to draw comparisons between Chris Peterson's first year at UDub and Pete's first year with the Seahawks?

I see HC's who are/were winning despite players they'd never recruit/draft if given the choice. Each is square-pegging someone else players into their round holes in year one. Each seems to be managing their team well enough to still win despite their circumstances and lack of preferred resources.

Crazy?

XOXO

Rashaun Sheehee

UW's wins this year are far more a product of the weakest schedule in the conference than anything else.

That said, I do think Petersen will end up being the most successful coach they have had since Jim Lambright.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":162o9spx said:
pehawk":162o9spx said:

Crazy?

XOXO

Rashaun Sheehee

UW's wins this year are far more a product of the weakest schedule in the conference than anything else.

That said, I do think Petersen will end up being the most successful coach they have had since Jim Lambright.

Yes, just like Pete's first year they've won who they're supposed to win against.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I hope Jake Browning can be our Russell Wilson.

I also hope they win their last two games and bowl game so they can end the season with positive momentum.

drrew

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1pdrqb2l said:
I hope Jake Browning can be our Russell Wilson.

I also hope they win their last two games and bowl game so they can end the season with positive momentum.

If they can get him to campus, Tate Martell is the UW's Russell Wilson. That kid is incredible, plays a little like Russell. USC is coming hard after him, but he seems like a big UW fan.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":3ohl9ojw said:
pehawk":3ohl9ojw said:

Crazy?

XOXO

Rashaun Sheehee

Without question...the schedule has been ridiculously easy so far.

I don't know what to think of Petersen...it just seems like it's always the same thing we heard with Willingham and Sarkisian:

"Just give him time to get 'his' players in the system."

"He needs to get new assistant coaches."

And now I'm hearing the same things about Petersen (it's spelled with an E btw....weird huh?). I'm just along for the ride...hopefully we win some more games.