Huskies / UCLA

Largent80

Reaction score
Since I live in SoCal, I see a lot of USC and UCLA games. Both of those teams have a lot of talent and USC is going to be real tough. They have a lot of soph/freshmen and getting scholarships.

Anyway, I have seen UCLA play at least 6 or 7 times and they have a pretty good team.

Paul Perkins can get it done on offense, and Miles Jack plays both sides of the ball.

Hundley is a pretty nifty QB. Should be a test for Washington.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Mora Jr is getting less out if his talent then any coach not named sark or kiffin. Personally, I think hundley is the most overrated player in the country. He's a decent college player but put any pressure on him and his decision making and poise go out the window. All that said I still don't think uw's offense will be able to score enough to stay with them.

HawkWow

Reaction score
This year's team flat out depresses me. Seriously. Not for selfish reasons do I want Ws. Not at all. I've seen this team win a natty and I've seen this team...well, you know. Like being a Hawks fan, I've seen it all with the Dawgs and I love them in both losses and wins.

Why this team depresses me is because I have arrived at a point in life where I want wins for the kids more than for myself. This has to be one of our top Ds of all time and that will be lost because of these mutt QBs. And I am sorry to say that about these kids, too. It's not their faults they suck. They were offered scholarships, took them and I believe are trying hard to give back to the program. I don't even know what I am saying here.

After this upcoming draft, I have to believe it's only going to get worse. Beat UCLA? Hell, we barely beat lowly Hawaii. I just don't have a great degree of confidence facing any div 1 team. That bad. Go Dawgs.

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1sc8jf69 said:
Personally, I think hundley is the most overrated player in the country. He's a decent college player but put any pressure on him and his decision making and poise go out the window.

This exactly....I grew up in LA as a Bruin fan, and if I didn't work at the UW, would still be a Bruin fan. I don't like Mora at all and Hundley is a slightly above average college QB. The talk of him going high in the draft is laughable.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
SeatownJay":fbar8zpj said:
There is no reason that UCLA shouldn't win this game handily.

Agreed. UCLA will be too strong on defense for the mediocre UW offense. UCLA won't score a ton, but they will score enough to win.

UW has to get one more win to become bowl eligible....luckily they have a home game against Oregon State coming up. The Apple Cup is also a good chance for another W.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Wow, you guys sound gloom and doom Husky fans. UCLA let a game slip away that they should have won but they are not all world.

They are a fairly solid team though from what I have seen. I like watching players like Jack playing both sides of the ball, he is a pretty good athlete. Also Perkins reminds me of a mini Beast.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":2nxcw1ld said:
SeatownJay":2nxcw1ld said:

Agreed. UCLA will be too strong on defense for the mediocre UW offense. UCLA won't score a ton, but they will score enough to win.

UW has to get one more win to become bowl eligible....luckily they have a home game against Oregon State coming up. The Apple Cup is also a good chance for another W.
Agree with this prediction. A final of 17-10 would be no surprise.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2u8e8x39 said:
I read that their backup QB is Rick Nueheisel's son. :16:
Yep, Jerry Nueheisel, and he played pretty well in relief of Hundley in the Texas game.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Well, up 43 to whatever at halftime?....those faces need to be painted all the time.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":1o36qpdd said:
SeatownJay":1o36qpdd said:

For a Duck fan you certainly are being nice in your description of UW's offense by describing it as mediocre...

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2gg2eeu2 said:
Seahawks1983":2gg2eeu2 said:
SeatownJay":2gg2eeu2 said:

For a Duck fan you certainly are being nice in your description of UW's offense by describing it as mediocre...

LOL

I love how "not a husky fan" automatically equals "duck fan"

HawkWow

Reaction score
How bad is it when my wife asks me to help her with something and I answer her with..."Can't it wait until we have the ball"?

True story.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Damn, that was ugly. Where the hell was Kevin King on that play?

This is like playing 1 on 11 . . . Shaq Thompson vs. the world.