Marcus peters kicked off huskies team

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Like it. I hate it when players protest the coaches, no matter how good/bad they are. These protests can be chemistry-killers if not handled correctly.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Smart............ good luck getting drafted in the 1st round.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Now it's making sense why they were looking at playing John Ross III as DB (two-way player). The new coaches and Peters just didn't jive.....Husky secondary just got a lot weaker in the short term.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I would like to say that it's a nice touch that he's been dismissed by the team but not from the school. They're still going to honor his scholarship so he can complete his education.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Interesting. In the "what Huskies to Hawks"? thread, just a couple days ago I was asking kearly his thoughts on my impression there was something amiss with Peters. I could tell by his body language he wasn't the same player as last year and again, it sucks to be right.

Someone above said "harvin rubbed off on him". I assume that poster was making a joke (?), but the comparison is not a joke. Whether Peters ever even met harvin is immaterial when considering the impact the strain known as harvin will have on the immediate future of Marcus Peters. Like I've said before, harvin is like a decease and his antics will spread wide. How wide? Who knows, but you can bet more than 1 GM will see the name Peters, followed by "problems with coaches and removed from team" and instantly think percy harvin, a guy proven to be unworthy of more than a 6th (+/-) draft choice, though healthy and in his prime.

Will Peters drop from the 1st? Some of that will depend on what Pete has to say to the plethora of scouts that have been all over Peters. IF Pete wants to play hardball, this could cost Peters a couple mil in his first contract alone.

The good news for Peters is I'm sure Pete Carroll believes he can fix anything and everything that ails him.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
SeatownJay":21dn83yj said:
I would like to say that it's a nice touch that he's been dismissed by the team but not from the school. They're still going to honor his scholarship so he can complete his education.
I guess. I am sure there are walk ons that would love to have that scholarship who actually fulfill the requirements of it.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":t1iyx6la said:
SeatownJay":t1iyx6la said:
I guess. I am sure there are walk ons that would love to have that scholarship who actually fulfill the requirements of it.

Taking away his scholarship now wouldn't actually open up a scholarship this year. And hypothetically, he could stay on scholarship next year without counting toward the 85 limit if he were not on the football team.

drrew

Reaction score
HawkWow":19tja3q3 said:
Someone above said "harvin rubbed off on him". I assume that poster was making a joke (?), but the comparison is not a joke.

Peters is actually close with Marshawn and works out with him in the offseason. Marshawn has accomplished enough and has always been otherworldly talented enough that his general flakiness just gets laughed off. If Peters was painting outside the lines in the way Marshawn does, it was destined to end badly as Chris Petersen tries to tighten things up after Sark's anything goes era.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Interesting Drrew. I was unaware of this and as much as I love the Beast, he's not really someone a young player wants to emulate, unless that player has a football in his hands.

Really disappointed in Peters. I just knew something was not quite right with him this year but the pundits kept ranking him so high that I thought I must have been being hyper-critical. He just looked to me like he was going half speed at times, taking plays off at others. I attributed it to the likelihood he was reading too much of his own press, but now see there may have been even more to the story. I hope he gets it together soon. This is no way to start the next chapter.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
What happens opts for the NFL draft and is drafted....does he lose the scholarship?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I'm really excited to see more of Naijiel Hale. He was one of my favorite prospects . . . great instincts when breaking on the ball and fluid hips. I thought that was a big time pickup by Petersen.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
I am glad Chris Petersen is righting the ship. I think he is the guy to take U-Dub football to better places in the not so distant future.

Marcus Peters will get a shot at the NFL, but I wouldn't draft him very high in the draft if I was an NFL GM. He seems to have dropped off a bit this year and I would be concerned about where his head is at.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2dmszwrs said:
I'm really excited to see more of Naijiel Hale. He was one of my favorite prospects . . . great instincts when breaking on the ball and fluid hips. I thought that was a big time pickup by Petersen.

Regulators, mount up.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
JSeahawks":24onwpxl said:
hawknation2014":24onwpxl said:

Regulators, mount up.

They will have a triad of freshmen starters in the secondary. The future looks bright there.