11/11 playoff poll

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3e0kwoye said:
Oregon jumps fsu into #2. Asu and ucla make nice jumps to 6th and 11th. Lots of respect for pac 12. Tcu into the top 4 over Alabama. (Personally I think Baylor is kind of getting the shaft since they have the same record as tcu and beat them head to head)

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=11860641

Baylor doesn't have nearly the resume that TCU does though. Baylor's OOC is a complete joke. I have no issues with TCU being ahead of Baylor at this point.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2saoby1r said:
Oregon jumps fsu into #2. Asu and ucla make nice jumps to 6th and 11th. Lots of respect for pac 12. Tcu into the top 4 over Alabama. (Personally I think Baylor is kind of getting the shaft since they have the same record as tcu and beat them head to head)

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=11860641

If patterson doesn't make a boneheaded decision at the end of that game TCU might be #1 or #2.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
as an ASU alum, there hasnt this been this much excitement around the program since Jake the Snake took them to the Rose Bowl...

@ Oregon State, home to Washington State, @ Arizona. barring a massive collapse, the UofA game will determine whether they are playing Oregon for a playoff spot, or as spoilers. UCLA is sitting right behind them with two winnable home games left on their schedule.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3h6s0ujv said:
as an ASU alum, there hasnt this been this much excitement around the program since Jake the Snake took them to the Rose Bowl...

@ Oregon State, home to Washington State, @ Arizona. barring a massive collapse, the UofA game will determine whether they are playing Oregon for a playoff spot, or as spoilers. UCLA is sitting right behind them with two winnable home games left on their schedule.

UCLA also holds the tie breaker. ASU should mop up against OSU and WSU, but the Territorial Cup looms large. That could be the most interesting rendition of that match up for outsiders in a long, long time.

pehawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks calls his pole "playoff"? Does that mean his pole, much like Oregon, never seals the deal?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
pehawk":v71vidy6 said:
JSeahawks calls his pole "playoff"? Does that mean his pole, much like Oregon, never seals the deal?

even the ASU grad cringed at the title...

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":xktthgjh said:

Uw fans under the age of 69 wouldn't understand "being excited" for your team.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JSeahawks":15rfg92r said:
pehawk":15rfg92r said:

Uw fans under the age of 69 wouldn't understand "being excited" for your team.

bet they could understand spelling though

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":3sup80p5 said:
Uncle Si":3sup80p5 said:

UCLA also holds the tie breaker. ASU should mop up against OSU and WSU, but the Territorial Cup looms large. That could be the most interesting rendition of that match up for outsiders in a long, long time.

if ASU wins out that will be a fun game.

Last time ASU played that meaningful of a game in Tuscon I was there... Devils fans stormed the field and tried to break down are remove the UofA goal posts. Police officer on a bellhorn had to remind us the goal posts were one piece (not the breakaway plastic ones)

yep.. ASU

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Projecting this weeks rankings look like so...

1) Oregon
2) Florida State
3) Alabama
4) Miss State

Outside looking in:
5) Baylor, 6) TCU**, 7) Ohio State**

** - pending Arizona State/Oregon State .. if ASU wins, I'd keep them at 6 and move TCU to 7.. if they lose.. leave as so.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1jy2nbca said:
Projecting this weeks rankings look like so...

1) Oregon
2) Florida State
3) Alabama
4) Miss State

Outside looking in:
5) Baylor, 6) TCU**, 7) Ohio State**

** - pending Arizona State/Oregon State .. if ASU wins, I'd keep them at 6 and move TCU to 7.. if they lose.. leave as so.

I think you have the right 4, but id put them in a different order:

1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. Fsu
4. Msu.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Given the national SEC Worship, I wouldn't be surprised to see this:

1: Alabama
2: Mississippi State
3: Oregon
4: Florida State

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1iyivq80 said:
1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Fla. St.
4. Miss St.

SEC butt fest never ends.......................

Probably the best possible scenario for the tournament though.

Still, cant see Miss. St. unless TCU loses. they would be the only one of the playoff teams not to play in a conference championship

SeatownJay

Reaction score
So, if Auburn beats Alabama and Ole Miss beats Mississippi State, which one-loss conference champion gets left out of the playoff to make room for a 2-loss SEC champion?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2ztts9uk said:
So, if Auburn beats Alabama and Ole Miss beats Mississippi State, which one-loss conference champion gets left out of the playoff to make room for a 2-loss SEC champion?

i'd suggest none... If Ohio State wins out (and that would probably require playing Wisconsin in the Big 10 final) I would see them skipping into the playoff... if Alabama loses again.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
SeatownJay":25u3wzkm said:

Probably Ohio State.

It still isn't out of the realm of possibility for a 2 loss team to win the Pac 12 and the Big 10, which could open the door for 3 SEC teams in the tournament.

Better pray that Ohio State and Oregon win out.