Irrational fire Chris Petersen thread

jkitsune

Reaction score
I know it would be stupid to actually do. I don't care. It feels good to say FIRE PETERSEN.

OP
OP
jkitsune

jkitsune

Reaction score
Fake punts on 4th and 9 against the best defense in the country. #FirePetersen

kearly

Reaction score
His game management skills have been bad all season, but the last 2+ minutes of this game... it was his masterpiece. Perfection in the art of doing every single thing wrong.

mikeak

Reaction score
Not taking knee lost the game. That is 100% on the coax

1.23 - take knee. AZ use timeout. Play takes 1 sec. 1.22 left
2) take knee - 1 sec for play, 40 secs for next play - 41 left
3) take knee - 1 sec for play 40 secs

Game over

Simple. Seeing first down, 1.23, 1 To left I was immediately "game over take knee"

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sark knows how to ice Arizona kickers for the win.

tumblr_inline_n8ggnxU15r1sct83q.jpg

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Don't forget that for a coach that prides himself on the discipline of his teams, the Huskies are amazingly undisciplined, both mentally and physically.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1rx45bni said:
Sark knows how to ice Arizona kickers for the win.

tumblr_inline_n8ggnxU15r1sct83q.jpg

Sorry...but this made me laugh a LOT. thanx.
El gato

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Hell no, this season is going exactly as I predicted it would. Back in July I wrote the following:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=94125&p=1374749&hilit=mettle#p1374749

They need to find just one more win to have an above .500 record. Stanford's defense will be tough again, but they have almost as many problems on offense as we do. 70% chance we lose that game at home, along with losses to Ucla and Oregon. They won't be able to match those teams offensively. I also doubt they will be able to match ASU's high powered offense. Road game at Arizona is a toss up that will probably result in a fifth loss.

At that point, you're looking at 6-5 with Beavers and Cougs left on the schedule. This is where Petersen's mettle will be tested. Win both games and it is a successful year in my eyes. Lose both games and it is a major disappointment. Lose to the Beavers and beat the Cougs, and I'm still happy. Beat the Beavers and lose to the Cougs, back to disappointment.

Sarkisian left the cupboard bare at QB. To my eyes he did not do a good job developing his backups. RB is another major concern with so few reps for backups. They might need to rely on Shaq Thompson at running back like UCLA has done with Jack. It's going to take a miracle to get this offense humming, but I don't think there's a better coach in the country to handle this arduous task than Peterson. He has squeezed blood from a turnip before.

I'm excited about the additions of Budda Baker and Najiel Hale to the secondary. Those were two great pickups and both have the raw ability to grow into All-Conference players.

Washington doesn't have a single running back on its roster who has 50 carries in his career. That's what happens when you don't give the rock to the backups. Could Peterson work some magic? Absolutely, Dwayne Washington could surprise us by staying healthy and turning into a beast. Jesse Callier and Deontae Cooper could show that they are fully recovered from their knee problems. Shaq Thompson could into the dyanmic two-way threat. A true freshman could step up. I'm just not counting on it during this rebuilding year.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Deontae Cooper was supposed to be our version of Robert Turbin. I don't think the guy has fumbled before in practice or during a game. It was just a bizarre turn of events that I have trouble blaming on Petersen. But any time you allow the game to be close, crazy shit can happen.

If they make the first FG, then we would have all been counting our blessings that they tried to ice him by making him overthink the 2nd attempt. The criticisms are all coming with the benefit of hindsight.

Tical21

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty much done with him. Amateur clock management. Can't handle egos. Periods of absolute ineptness. Most importantly to me, I don't like the way he talks. He isn't inspiring in any way. He doesn't seem like he's all that bright. I see way too many parallels to the Willingham era.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Tical21":2p8r16eq said:
Yeah, I'm pretty much done with him. Amateur clock management. Can't handle egos. Periods of absolute ineptness. Most importantly to me, I don't like the way he talks. He isn't inspiring in any way. He doesn't seem like he's all that bright. I see way too many parallels to the Willingham era.

Done with him . . . at 6-5 . . . with what he had to work with this year.

Yout forgot to use this: :sarcasm_on:

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3v13ip2q said:
Tical21":3v13ip2q said:

But you have to admit, that's a rather dubious 6-5. I'm not (yet) calling for his head and his body of work at BSU buys him at least 3 years with me, but hard to argue Tical's points regarding what we've seen thus far (with a craptastic QB, to be fair).

Both Zona games should have resulted in Ws for us and if they had, this thread doesn't exist.

OP
OP
jkitsune

jkitsune

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2jd69r8r said:
Tical21":2jd69r8r said:

To be fair, this thread is explicitly designated for irrational hatred.