Give me your heisman trophy top 5

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If the season ended right now:

1. Marcus mariotA wins by a landslide.
2. Melvin Gordon (could make. Strong push with a few more huge days)
3. DAk Prescott
4. Trevone Boykin
5. Amari cooper.

Jameis Winston should probably be in the discussion but I think many voters will leave him off their ballots.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
While I've got Ohio state fans attention I've got a question. Heard a few rumors about Braxton miller pulling a Russell Wilson and transferring for his senior season, with Oregon as a possible destination. Heard any of that on your end?

Rat

Reaction score
JSeahawks":6vsbm3c2 said:
While I've got Ohio state fans attention I've got a question. Heard a few rumors about Braxton miller pulling a Russell Wilson and transferring for his senior season, with Oregon as a possible destination. Heard any of that on your end?
Heard about that possibility for the first time yesterday. He claims he's staying at OSU, but I wouldn't blame him for leaving. The way Barrett has lit it up over the past few months, Miller's not guaranteed the starting job and he's already graduated from the school.

He's ridiculously good and I can't imagine him not having a Heisman-frontrunner caliber season if he went to Oregon, but he is SO fragile. We were fortunate enough to have a quality backup the past few years, and are fortunate to have Barrett now (although, I wish the Miller injury had happened earlier, which would have given Barrett a few weeks to prepare and maybe the Virginia Tech disaster wouldn't have happened). Whoever his backup at Oregon would be would need to get a lot of practice reps, because he'd likely get extended playing time.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
1) Melvin Gordon
2) Marcus Mariota
3) Dak Prescott
4) JT Barrott
5) Jameis Winston

Mariota should be the clear cut winner, but I'm skeptical about him getting the votes because he doesn't play for USC, and only two players from the Pac 12 have ever won the award that didn't play for USC. (Well 3, if you count Rashaan Salaam from Colorado.) Voters just don't give the love to non USC players even when they deserve it.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Dixon looked liked he was possibly heading for it several years back until he blew out his knee. I would have no issue with Marcus winning it. He's done a terrific job and seems to be a good kid.