Russell Wilson's perfect backup. Cheap and local

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Looks like a less robotic version of our #3. He plays at a lower college level, but he's played great against both the Beavers and Huskies, so we know he can play well against high school competition as well.

[youtube]YXZRL9I6Hzw[/youtube]

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Could not agree more. I would be ecstatic if we were able to pick Vernon Adams up in the late rounds or as a free agent. Not sure what scouts think of this guy but he has been incredible.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Before his injury he was playing so well there was talk of Hiesman if he could keep up his torrid pace. He truly is an incredible player.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Natethegreat":j4spe7f9 said:
Before his injury he was playing so well there was talk of Hiesman if he could keep up his torrid pace. He truly is an incredible player.

Nobody outside of Cheney was talking about that.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":157f7trz said:
fenderbender123":157f7trz said:
Best QB in all of college football.

LOL WUT

I know he plays for Eastern but I truly think he does more with less than any QB in the country.... and seems like a real winner with a fire in his belly...always seems to be in control of the game. Its also hard for me to ignore the 85 touchdowns he's scored since 2013 despite only playing in 23 games in that time. When you watch him play...he's just incredible.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3o9k292a said:
Seahawks1983":3o9k292a said:
fenderbender123":3o9k292a said:
Best QB in all of college football.

LOL WUT

I know he plays for Eastern but I truly think he does more with less than any QB in the country.... and seems like a real winner with a fire in his belly...always seems to be in control of the game. Its also hard for me to ignore the 85 touchdowns he's scored since 2013 despite only playing in 23 games in that time. When you watch him play...he's just incredible.

I'm not discrediting him as a great player, because he is. But is nowhere close to the best QB in college football.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He looks like a mini Russ..He might even be a better passer viewing some of those throws...His running looks like Russ and he might be faster..Only thing is how smart is he ect the little stuff..Also how tall is he??I doubt we can get him but would be nice to see..

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3lre2pvx said:
He looks like a mini Russ..He might even be a better passer viewing some of those throws...His running looks like Russ and he might be faster..Only thing is how smart is he ect the little stuff..Also how tall is he??I doubt we can get him but would be nice to see..

I'm not sure his passing's discernibly better. Plus he's got a longer wind up and throwing motion with what looks like a lower release point. I expect he'll measure in about 6ft.

Not going to take anything away from him though, I mentioned that I'd love him as Russ's back up in a thread a few months ago but felt that might deprive him of a legitimate shot at starting in a few years. Really exciting player.

kearly

Reaction score
I think he still has a year of eligibility left due to time missed this season. Given that he's a likely UDFA, he'll probably return to EWU next season if he's allowed to.

Chawks1

Reaction score
I'm an EWU grad and live here in Spokane. I have seen a lot of his games and he is nowhere near good enough to backup RW. He plays against much inferior pass D in the Big Sky. We have had outstanding WRs during his time (Kupp and Kaufman). He is a heck of a talent. But struggles reading D's when challeneged. The offense they run with him runs up the stats pretty good. I love him playing for EWU. But he has a way to go to make it in the NFL.

BTW Vern attended RW passing camp here a coule years ago. They became pretty close. Adams changed his jersey # from #16 to #3 right after it. I'd be for him playing on the PS for a couple years to see how he develops.

SE174

Reaction score
Chawks1":1bey0c9n said:
I'm an EWU grad and live here in Spokane. I have seen a lot of his games and he is nowhere near good enough to backup RW. He plays against much inferior pass D in the Big Sky. We have had outstanding WRs during his time (Kupp and Kaufman). He is a heck of a talent. But struggles reading D's when challeneged. The offense they run with him runs up the stats pretty good. I love him playing for EWU. But he has a way to go to make it in the NFL.

BTW Vern attended RW passing camp here a coule years ago. They became pretty close. Adams changed his jersey # from #16 to #3 right after it. I'd be for him playing on the PS for a couple years to see how he develops.
He didn't change his jersey because of that, he wore #3 in HS and MS.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Watching the New Orleans Bowl game this morning - UL Lafayette has a few interesting players. Terrance Broadway is their QB and they are running a lot of read option plays. He is 6'2 216. He could be a good backup for RW.

[youtube]8OCwbLrR4LI[/youtube]

[youtube]uv-2QeT9LWM[/youtube]

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CPHawk":2z56eq84 said:
He'd look good in green for a year.

Fwiw, the official Oregon Football twitter account just started following Vernon Adams on twitter today. At least with high school recruits they don't start following them until they have committed. So this just might be happening.