Congratulations to coach sark

JSeahawks

Reaction score
On getting his 8th win. 7 win Steve no more. Of course any of us on this board could probably coach all that talent to 9 wins.

pehawk

Reaction score
Cant you do something productive, like a post detailing Chip vs Pete historically in the main forum?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":2g00y3ye said:
Cant you do something productive, like a post detailing Chip vs Pete historically in the main forum?

Done. And it pained me to learn that Sark actually won 8 games last year with UW (Tui gets credit for the 9th) so he already surpassed 7 wins.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Yes, we do have top talent, but no depth. And that hurt us badly in games. Sark definitely deserves heat for some of his decisions this season, but the losses aren't entirely on him.

kearly

Reaction score
Sark took over an 0-12 team. He got them to three straight winning seasons with seven wins each, and this somehow is a mockable offense? Dumb.

I'll cut J some slack though, he's just having fun with it. Plus 'seven win sark' just sounds catchy, and J loves his catchphrases. For Ducks fans, their second favorite team has always been UW's opponent that week. I understand how it is. Duck fans hate USC a lot too, so it works out for them.

But Dawg fans that chanted it should stick their nose in a corner. I'm not saying Sark was a 'great' coach, but he took a smoldering crater of a program and quickly built a strong enough foundation to attract one of the best coaches in the college ranks to replace him. Would Petersen have signed on to an 0-12 Huskies team? How about a 6-6 team? Okay then, how about a 9-4 team that whipped his team's ass three months prior?

If UW ever becomes a perennial 10+ win team again like the glory days, Sark's contributions here will have played an important role in making it happen. He may have used UW as a stepping stone, but it's not like UW didn't attain similar benefits.