Mariota to Philly, Harbaugh to Oakland, Seattle gets a DT...

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Don't take this too seriously. It's just a bit of fun. But the overall projection is basically an overview of how I see things right now, even with the batsh*t craziness of the big trade.

LINK: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/mock-scena ... r-harbaugh

Seattle gets a defensive tackle from Texas called Malcom Brown. The best player nobody talks about.

pehawk

Reaction score
I personally love your batshit trade mocks...

HawkWow

Reaction score
Brown is an amazing player. Jumps off the screen and constantly in the fold.

But I'm also enamored with Danny Shelton. Shelton isn't as athletic as Brown, nor should he be. I think he outweighs Brown by about 30 lbs. ( I'm not believing DS is 340). He can play with a mean streak, has great instincts, excellent hands and extremely rangy for a man of his size.

But I won't be surprised if both men are gone before we pick.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I had the same thought about a Philly super trade to 1 for Mariota. I figured it was too crazy to say, but I'm glad someone else has at least had the same inkling.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'd love to see chip Kelly and Mariota reunited. Would be fun to watch. I just don't see any potential for it unfortunately.

kearly

Reaction score
These kinds of mocks are about having fun, not about what is likely to happen. I completely get that. Now with that caveat out of the way...

Mariota is pretty close to RG3 class in terms of draft hype. This ain't no 2012 QB group either, 2015 is a (much) weaker QB class. That, plus Oakland needs a QB about as badly as anyone. That's not a slam on Carr, but with there being a new HC and probably new GM coming in, it is very unlikely the new regime would pass on Mariota for the previous regime's investment. A modest investment at that.

You're probably looking at something like three 1sts and thee 2nds to change Oakland's mind.

Also, I think Kelly's system can make just about any QB look good, so it doesn't really make sense for them to invest massively for an unproven QB. It would be like Pete trading the farm to move up for Patrick Peterson in 2011.

GCrow

Reaction score
Would LOVE Brown! If the current Texas coaching staff was there for his whole career he'd easily be in top 10 discussion. Guy has been blowing up plays all year, despite consistently being double teamed (watch the first half of the Ok State game, lord). Can't think of one subpar performance. Still think he's gonna be a riser once we get more into draft season, and has a good shot to go top 20.